The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
Kirby 

Waifu: Yume
This little s*** needs shorter feet. Hate him. >:(

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 am
BR Member

I miss not having a ledge attack

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:19 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
I miss not having a ledge attack

Why fedora? :oh:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 pm
YIM
BR Member

Basically kirby had a short hop in place of his super-ass ledge attack :/

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:47 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
To continue. . . Why is back-aerial camping such a try-hard method for Kirby players in the first place? He's not as good at doing it as Jiggz. It feels like their are too many vulnerable opening in his ability to camp. As long as an opponent has proper spacing outside his range, they can take advantage of his short range. This is why even a rushdown-Kirby can swiftly beat out a camping-Kirby. Is it that, or are they just too afraid to attempt rushdown with Kirby against other characters?

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:14 pm
BR Member

I actually play more of a rush down game against Link btw.

I keep hearing all this crap about how the way I play Kirby doesn't work, yet its been working out pretty freakin well so far. I do more that spam bair you know.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I don't know if I say your playstyle is "bad," but isn't optimal, I would say. It may work on the average players, but I don't see it working against smarter, experienced players.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:38 pm
BR Member

Zalozis wrote:
You beat up scrubs but people that dont suck would kick your a**

Looks like just about everyone is bad at this game then.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 pm

FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
everyone is bad at this game then.
That's right. I completely forgot about that :3

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:14 pm
BR Member

So um, there's some pretty jank things about kirby that i actually want changed, aside from glitches like his lack of get-up invincibility and some inhale stuff.

His Up B seems to have a metric crap ton of priority (enough to beat ichigo's bair) and I think it needs a bit of a reduction. (on the other hand i think the shockwave needs a slight increase in priority, enough to not get destroyed by literally every other move, but enough to be destroyed by MOST moves instead)

The sour spot in Usmash needs an increase in knockback. Now this sounds like a buff, which it kind of is, but that sourspot has so little knockback that you can potentially chain them together at high percentages, dealing huge amounts of damage, and even though its really hard to pull off its still not an excuse for something like that existing.

Kirby's Stone should slide down slopes as it does in the official series, and the hitbox needs to reactivate when you fall off a platform while still using Stone (such as when sliding off a slope, or what would be seen more often in competitive play, when blown off a platform by a windbox)

As for copy abilities, his Zelda copy will alot of the time only hit once or twice, making it VERY punishable on HIT, and it needs to be fixed to function exactly like Zelda's neutral B

And please replace Bomberman's copy ability, it is sooo bad. An idea: you can charge up and place a bomb in the same fasion that Bomberman can, but after you have a bomb out the neutral B will explode the bomb instead of spawning a new one. I dont think it would be too matchup changing, but rather a fun thing to mess around with.

Besides those relatively minor things I dont think Kirby really needs any more changes. Please consider :)

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:07 pm

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
So um, there's some pretty jank things about kirby that i actually want changed, aside from glitches like his lack of get-up invincibility and some inhale stuff.

His Up B seems to have a metric crap ton of priority (enough to beat ichigo's bair) and I think it needs a bit of a reduction. (on the other hand i think the shockwave needs a slight increase in priority, enough to not get destroyed by literally every other move, but enough to be destroyed by MOST moves instead)

The sour spot in Usmash needs an increase in knockback. Now this sounds like a buff, which it kind of is, but that sourspot has so little knockback that you can potentially chain them together at high percentages, dealing huge amounts of damage, and even though its really hard to pull off its still not an excuse for something like that existing.

Kirby's Stone should slide down slopes as it does in the official series, and the hitbox needs to reactivate when you fall off a platform while still using Stone (such as when sliding off a slope, or what would be seen more often in competitive play, when blown off a platform by a windbox)

As for copy abilities, his Zelda copy will alot of the time only hit once or twice, making it VERY punishable on HIT, and it needs to be fixed to function exactly like Zelda's neutral B

And please replace Bomberman's copy ability, it is sooo bad. An idea: you can charge up and place a bomb in the same fasion that Bomberman can, but after you have a bomb out the neutral B will explode the bomb instead of spawning a new one. I dont think it would be too matchup changing, but rather a fun thing to mess around with.

Besides those relatively minor things I dont think Kirby really needs any more changes. Please consider :)

I think Kirby is fine the way he is. The match I had with you today against my Zelda was one of the campiest matches I've ever had. I'm surprised I even won that match. Best Kirby I've ever played

Characters I barley use: Marth

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:45 am
BR Member

3ds1234 wrote:
I think Kirby is fine the way he is. The match I had with you today against my Zelda was one of the campiest matches I've ever had. I'm surprised I even won that match. Best Kirby I've ever played

TY

And for the most part I do think Kirby's fine. The changes I'm requesting are relatively minor really. Nothing game changing and probably wouldnt effect his tier placement whatsoever. (although it would just slightly change up the zelda and bomberman matchups, but not really very much so.)

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:05 pm

MGN Username: numbermaniac
Currently Playing: SSF2, Asphalt 8 (on iPad)
Kirby's Up-Special isn't terrific but I use it quite a bit because, especially at the ledge, it has a meteor smash downwards that's easily capable of KOing the opponent. Just get the placement right and make sure you don't fall to your death. I usually start from near the edge and then slightly move left during the move so that the opponent gets smashed down to their death while Kirby just grabs the ledge and recovers. His ledge attack now seems to be a small hop and then a smaller version of his down-smash.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:21 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Just wondering something here: Has anyone tried using a roll for approaches? Kirby's got a pretty long one and I occassionally use it in Smash 4 and here too. It usually helps setting up utilts n' stuff for me. Plus, the long range in the roll also kinda makes up for his slow mobility. Yeah, yeah. I know it's risky n' all for him if opponents space Kirby out; but who's to say it's not worth a shot?

One last thing, can you grab the ledge backwards when using Final Cutter? I forgot.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 am
BR Member

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
One last thing, can you grab the ledge backwards when using Final Cutter? I forgot.

Yes.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 am
 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next