The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 am

[ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 124  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XIV [Cowboys vs Cattlerustlers] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Panthera Leo wrote:
@Brik: I suggest we start looking at the D1 actions,
So... Exactly what we are doing now?

Panthera Leo wrote:
How is pointing out Brik's faulty reasoning being vastly over-defensive? He said that because I posted a lot during the initial stages of D1, that I was masquerading as a townie. Explain that.
Oh, it is to laugh. I had no idea you were such a comedian, Leo.

Please go back and read my posts. Actually read them. Nowhere did I say that you were scum because you were posting a lot. I said that the content of your posts indicates scum-like tendencies. You have responded not with valid arguments as to why your point of view on the matter at hand was superior to mine, but instead with personal attacks and redirection of blame. You have no case, yet are trying to hide that fact by moving the spotlight off yourself.

If you can demonstrate the flaws in my thinking I will be glad to acknowledge your thought process, but as it stands you are simply blowing hot air.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
King Arthur wrote:
Unvote

Vote: JamesClyde

Like TWOK said, he's acting just like he did in the last game, where he was scum. Insert the generic "Don't hammer till we squeeze information out of him!" line here.

Am I the only one to see what a horrible bandwagon jump this is? Anything else and I'll vote for him. For now we have more pressing matters.
IGMEOY: King Arthur

Panthera leo wrote:
I honestly meant to write random lynching. I am not opposed to reaction testing people (I have done this before in many games) but I'm warning the rather volatile town to slow down with the voting. Not only does this get us nowhere, but it also allows scum to slip by and vote a random townie without having to back up said vote. I am wondering why you are voting me immediately without giving me a chance to even explain my actions.

Leo, as everyone has mentioned before, random voting does NOT equal random lynching. In any case, if an RVS wagon does build up and the stupid scum decide to quickhammer, the quickhammerers will be incriminated, and it's a scum loss.

Ramsey wrote:
I don't think the questionnaire really does anything for the game besides explain your experience level and waste time.

I definitely see where Panthera is coming from, everyone just random voted. We should start from scratch and really make the most out of D1, maybe by examining each user. idk.

Unvote

Bad post. We should not "start from scratch". Random voting is meant to see how people take stances, and patterns in the RVS are used to determine top suspects.
And I'm just curious: how are we to "examine each user"?

Ramsey wrote:
Vote: JamesClyde

Another bandwagon jump? Seriously? This is a good example of what I call the Chainsaw Defense(trademarked by Tarhalindur).
Tarhalindur wrote:
a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum

Near-perfect example here, except just with a vote. Maybe he's a little scared.
For now, I'm automatically associating him with 194/Panthera.

Panthera leo wrote:
@Brik: I suggest we start looking at the D1 actions, especially the votes. Keep in mind that we have •••••••••••••••• to deal with. The two shades of red seem to indicate two scum factions, so there are multiple combinations of scumteams possible. In fact, this entire random lynching conversation has provided us with enough evidence to give me a couple of FOSes here. I wanna write up a long list, but here's the short version:

Mr. Shoop: He's been posting randomly the whole way. No sort of helpful discussion. I believe this could be some sort of effort to throw us off. Possible 3rd party.(viewtopic.php?p=1161440#p1161440)(viewtopic.php?p=1161558#p1161558)(viewtopic.php?p=1161561#p1161561)

Brikmaninoff: Has been able to successfully lead a few members in a bandwagon (viewtopic.php?p=1161576#p1161576)(viewtopic.php?p=1161582#p1161582)(viewtopic.php?p=1161587#p1161587)(viewtopic.php?p=1161597#p1161597). This bandwagon could be either Brik being followed by fellow scum member(s) or possible scum trying to bring Brik along with them.

I find it very weird that in his list of suspects, one of which is accused solely of no helpful discussion, he does not include King Arthur, who has just been jumping on cases.

To be extremely honest, I find JC quite null as for now. He just seems to be doing his typical thing, and he doesn't have nearly enough games to see whether this is scum or town.

Town reads(S>W)-Brikmaninoff, Felipe.
Null reads(Nothing interesting)-Lightning, TheOneWhoKnocks, Dephius, Blood, JamesClyde, kyuubit, Bonsai, Shoop, Cactus, Thomas.
Scum reads(S>W)-Ramsey, Panthera, 194, King Arthur.

Vote: Ramsey
The reason why I'm not voting Panthera is that I feel Ramsey is scummier.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:55 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'm curious, Terra. You explain your scum reads on both Panthera and Ramsey, but do not explain your reads on me or on King Arthur. Could you explain?

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:59 pm

194 wrote:
I'm curious, Terra. You explain your scum reads on both Panthera and Ramsey, but do not explain your reads on me or on King Arthur. Could you explain?

I'll explain.

My scumread on you is because of your discussion with JamesClyde over the RVS and how you followed Panthera.
My scumread on King Arthur is because of his horrible bandwagon jump and his lack of useful posting. Mostly the bandwagon jump.

Should you require further explanation, I'll be happy to quote.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:02 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Terra wrote:
194 wrote:

I'll explain.

My scumread on you is because of your discussion with JamesClyde over the RVS and how you followed Panthera.
My scumread on King Arthur is because of his horrible bandwagon jump and his lack of useful posting. Mostly the bandwagon jump.

Should you require further explanation, I'll be happy to quote.

No problem, that's enough.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:10 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Panthera Leo wrote:
@Brik: I suggest we start looking at the D1 actions,
So... Exactly what we are doing now?

You didn't finish the quote. Basically, I explain myself, and no matter what I type, you attack it. Anyhow, I was talking mainly about the random voting process of day one. Notice how certain ones, namely Dephius, Mr. Shoop, Lightning, Ramsey, King Arthur, Kyuubit, and JamesClyde have remained wholesale inactive after said vote. It is unlikely that they are all scum at the same time, but enough people are inactive to indicate possible scumteams, coupled with some of the other posts they have made.

Panthera Leo wrote:
How is pointing out Brik's faulty reasoning being vastly over-defensive? He said that because I posted a lot during the initial stages of D1, that I was masquerading as a townie. Explain that.
Oh, it is to laugh. I had no idea you were such a comedian, Leo.

Please go back and read my posts. Actually read them. Nowhere did I say that you were scum because you were posting a lot. I said that the content of your posts indicates scum-like tendencies. You have responded not with valid arguments as to why your point of view on the matter at hand was superior to mine, but instead with personal attacks and redirection of blame. You have no case, yet are trying to hide that fact by moving the spotlight off yourself.

That makes no sense. I explained to TOWK that your logic was faulty. Sure, I misinterpreted you, but in no way have I attempted to move spotlight away from myself. As it is, I'm taking all of your heat and then some.

If you can demonstrate the flaws in my thinking I will be glad to acknowledge your thought process, but as it stands you are simply blowing hot air.

OK then. I posted reasoning that the RV was a bad idea due to the ridiculous bandwagoning it causes. A couple of people disagree with me. Cool, I make a rebuttal to their comments. All of a sudden, WHAM!, I'm scum because Brik says that my "conversativeness" is phony/false/fake/scummy, and I'm trying to masquerade as a helpful townie, all because I posted entire spiels about random lynching. According to the linked post I just put up, you said:

Brikmaninoff wrote:
It is pure fluff designed to cast the author in a town-coloured light, while providing no actual material to help us progress.

What have you done? You have literally done NOTHING to help us progress. All you have done was just throw around random Fingers of Suspicion, yet doing nothing to follow through.

I honestly wouldn't trust this guy at all. He has a LOOOOOOOONG history of using pseudo-logic and pomp to appear town-sided. This isn't enough to make me want to vote him (voting someone based on their vernacular is akin to voting someone because he confirmed his role last in the initial stages of the game), but I will certainly keep my finger of suspicion on you.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Vote Pant Leo
Here you go again discrediting Brik with the "what have you done?" he's done more than you have actually. Where are his "random FoS's? You mean on you? He's right, you "getting people to stop random voting" does what exactly? Stops bandwagons when there are 9 votes to lynch? Do you really think it would be possible for people to bandwagon 9 votes on a person and randomly lynch them?

AMA

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Just a heads up i havent been/am not posting because its new years and i am going to get wasted so

Deal

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Just know that i would love to pick apart why terra sounds dumb but you will all have to deal with the cliffhanger until tomorrow.

I didnt bandwagon you loser, i gave my own reasoning and after reading james' post i voted him. Chill.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:11 am

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Vote Pant Leo
Here you go again discrediting Brik with the "what have you done?" he's done more than you have actually. Where are his "random FoS's? You mean on you? He's right, you "getting people to stop random voting" does what exactly? Stops bandwagons when there are 9 votes to lynch? Do you really think it would be possible for people to bandwagon 9 votes on a person and randomly lynch them?

I never said that nine votes would be bandwagoned on ONE person. The point is, the random lynch voting does nothing but waste time, waste votes, and cause unnecessary confusion such as what we have presently.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 am

Vote: Ramsey for calling somebody a loser

That’s not very nice

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Dunno about you Leo, but I'm not very confused. And why is it a waste of time, it's got us here (albeit indirectly).

AMA

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I'm going to address your paragraphs in order because quoting on a phone is a rather tedious business.

1. Right, I quoted the important part. Analyzing votes is a very useful tool, but analyzing what people post is just as handy. I am currently doing the latter, since you have posted more than you have voted.

I would love to see your analysis of of the votes thus far, however. What do you make of them?

2. No, you told TheOneWhoKnocks that my logic was faulty. An explanation did not follow, though I am quite interested in hearing it.

3. What ridiculous bandwagoning? I have seen no ridiculous bandwagoning in this game. And again, even if there had been, it would ultimately lead to the mafias' downfall.

4. I've done more to move this game forward than three quarters of the player base. None of my one and a half accusations have been random either.

5. : )

Panthera, if you are town, I think you need to step away from the game for a moment, read through the day again, and come at it with a new, clearer perspective. As it is, you may be too caught up in the momentum of the conversation.

Pre-post edit, directed at Panthera:

What is a bandwagon, if not on one person? I can't realistically believe that the possibility of putting people at lynch minus four is what has you preoccupied. Your argument gets weaker every time you post, bro. Votes aren't a limited resource, so we needn't worry about wasting them. Throwing them around (or discussing why we shouldn't c; ) is a good way to get the game moving.

Also, I agree with Kyuubit. I won't have any name-calling going on around here, you boneheads.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:31 am

Ramsey wrote:
Just know that i would love to pick apart why terra sounds dumb but you will all have to deal with the cliffhanger until tomorrow.

I didnt bandwagon you loser, i gave my own reasoning and after reading james' post i voted him. Chill.

Translation: I'm really scared that Terra figured me out Day 1 but I'll attack him in hopes that he'll be scared and back down.

I feel very insulted. Never in my entire mafia playing life have I ever been accused of being "dumb" and a "loser". It seems to me that you may be falling under pressure, resorting to such insults in order to throw me off, to keep me quiet. This just makes me suspect you even more than I already do.

I do admit that I made a mistake. I had thought that people had voted my brother earlier. In fact, this just makes my argument even stronger, due to the fact that you just randomly voted him out of nowhere with no reasoning in an attempt to shake him off track.

Regardless, even if you read James' post and found him scummy, you did not post your reasoning at all. I assumed it was the Chainsaw Defense, and I will be correct if you do not post your reasoning, which the post fully quoted, of course.
If your argument against him is simply "Oh he looks like last game where he was scum." then you are mistaken. Refer to my previous posts for why I think this does not matter, at least for now.

Panthera leo wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Vote Pant Leo

I never said that nine votes would be bandwagoned on ONE person. The point is, the random lynch voting does nothing but waste time, waste votes, and cause unnecessary confusion such as what we have presently.

I'm not confused at all. If anything the random voting stage has allowed me to find my main suspect(indirectly, of course), which is Ramsey.

@everyone else: I'm so sorry that I have to resort to such abrasive language, but this is mafia.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 am

So from what I've collected the most suspicious people are pathera and terra.
The reason for both of my suspicions are actually quite similar.
Pathera and terra are treating this like day 2. On day 1 votes are suppose to fly around randomly because we have almost nothing to go off of. Whether you give reason or not(or whether your reasoning is good), randomly voting for someone at the start of day one is merely for experimental purposes, and isn't really a serious cause for a lynch. The fact that both of these players are having suspicions based off of how someone voted at the start of day one is very outlandish and as a result it looks like an attempt to get a actual lynch going based off something that's experimental.
Also guys random voting and random lynching are two completely different things.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:22 am
 [ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 124  Next