The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:18 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
G0L3M's Art - Hey, listen! (Navi) 

Death to the sketches.
------------
Random Computer "Art": I tend to mess around in CMP SCN a lot so I'll be uploading more computer "Art" when I get back to school.
*Expect more*
------------
Random Self Pic - I was bored one night so I decided to draw myself, originally I was going to have a cartoony backround with my bass and a pen. Either way this is how it came out, my last name is blanked out for obvious reasons.
Macbeth Symbol - The group I was in didn't have any artists or very visually creative people so I volunteered, this is the ending project and they're currently working on a rationale for it. I had to stick to my sloppy shading because I was on a limited schedule, so pardon the shading just for now.
Classy Chap - This guy was thrown together one day while I was at school, the reason I made him was to replace my older horrid and scary avatar. Unfortunately he originally turned out quite sloppily, so I decided to practice some of the new shading I have been working on. The oldest is on the left and the newest is on the right, I decided to mess around with some gradients because I decided he looked to boring. (Lineart still needs improvements but now that I'm a bit better at shading I can focus on both.)
Navi? - Spent my lunch drawing, this is the result. (Used a small template so it's not as impressive.)
Edward - Just a random drawing that is suppose to symbolize the movie Edward Scissorhands. I don't think it's neccesary to throw in the rationale beside it =p (Kind of a lame picture but w/e)
Hideous Sun - Was messing around with the paintbrush and random effects, came out really terrible; still like the look of it.
Signature Graveyard - I don't have any of my previous sigs but from now on ill dump my old ones here.
------------
Negative criticism is better than none, so fire away.
Update 1 - Added my Macbeth project.
Update 2 - Removed crapsketches and added Classy Chap
Update 3 - Added a small scenery picture for the Edward Scissorhands project. Added a random Navi? Picture. Added the Hideous Sun.

Last edited by Nick on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:57 am, edited 10 times in total.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 pm

G0L3M‼ wrote:
[ Image ]

Oh snap! Its Mecha-Charizard! Lol, not sure really but i kind of liked it.
Are these your first drawings?

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:56 pm
Site Moderator

You always find ways to become an even worse person in my eyes, Golem. Yet you remain indifferent to my seething glare... and that's admirable, if not fantastically annoying.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:27 am

Michael M wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
[ Image ]

Oh snap! Its Mecha-Charizard! Lol, not sure really but i kind of liked it.
Are these your first drawings?

Ya kinda =p and not really I just draw in class
Blue wrote:
You always find ways to become an even worse person in my eyes, Golem. Yet you remain indifferent to my seething glare... and that's admirable, if not fantastically annoying.

I'll try to not keep that in mind =p

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:02 pm
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Arel
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Waifu: Jesus of Nazareth
Stop shading like that, for the love of God.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm working on it =p
I'm starting to use a light source in a similar fashion as vanishing points but I'm not sure how it will turn out.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:49 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
Hmm... :-_-:

I kinda like the random self pic :nod: . IDK why anyone would think its bad at all, but I don't think ive seen such art before. its like some art straight out of a museum...

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks for the compliments but I do accept the criticism because it does point out the major flaw, even if I was already aware of it. My drawings tend to be messy which I don't really mind and I will continue to bring forth that feel, but the shading is very inaccurate and I will be working on proper light sources. Also the main reason you may be attracted to the portrait is because I choose my colours very cautiously which happens to be a very underrated component of any form of art.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:20 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
G0L3M‼ wrote:
Thanks for the compliments but I do accept the criticism because it does point out the major flaw, even if I was already aware of it. My drawings tend to be messy which I don't really mind and I will continue to bring forth that feel, but the shading is very inaccurate and I will be working on proper light sources. Also the main reason you may be attracted to the portrait is because I choose my colours very cautiously which happens to be a very underrated component of any form of art.

Well, I kinda do the same thing with colors. If the colors aren't right, the drawing's not finished.

But one way you might find easy to learn about shading is play with lights (doesn't sound wise does it). Use another person and aim a light at them from an angle. Notice where the shadows appear and how they form based on wrinkles on the clothing, and other factors like long hair and accessories. Thats how I learned to shade. After a little practice, shading comes natrual.

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks , I'll try that some day.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Update in OP

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Currently Playing: BlazBlue
I for one like how he shades

But I am just a lowly peasant so what does my opinion matter lololol

I know my username is Hate, but call me Genow, please.

Ramsey: Why cant i fly all these planes i have been training my whole life for this moment JETBLUE

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Edit: Update in OP

Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Currently Playing: stuff. loud stuff.
Wow, I actually like the Macbeth thing. Something about it...I don't know.
Either way, neat.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Noo wrote:
Wow, I actually like the Macbeth thing. Something about it...I don't know.
Either way, neat.

It has that empty appeal kind of thing, hard to explain. I'm thinking I'll remaster it when I get the time, just because it was fun to do.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next