The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 35  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia V [Devs vs Balancers] 

Currently Playing: Fable III
Fly or Die wrote:
We could use random.org for a random lynch to make it truly random. That's a habit I've recently fallen in to.

And then have everyone vote for the poor individual.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:09 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Actually, a mafia will sometimes vote for another mafia member to either cover themselves up, or bus their partner.

Also FoD, I tried that and got 5.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:12 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Honestly guys, I expected this to be a bit harder to figure out this time. Pachino is a third party. Probably serial killer. He "analyzes" the situation, and immediately afterwards, suggests that the town follow the course of action most likely to put us in a bad spot. His bandwagon attempt fails, so he aligns his opinion with the majority in order not to stand out as someone pushing for a lynch when everybody else realizes that lynching on a day start is dumb.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Unless you missed it, I'm pretty sure I voted for a no lynch.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:52 pm
SSF2 Developer

I think we do have enough suspicion going on right now to at least try for a lynch...

Void, how certain are you? Would you be willing to put your own credibility on your analyzation, so that if it is wrong, you would be identified as an anti-Balancer role?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 pm

It appears the evidence is inconclusive for now, and lynching seems like a fairly big risk. I vote no lynch.

Looking for Friend Safaris!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:33 am

Also, I forgot to mention, I only randomly voted to get a discussion going. NOT because I was trying to bandwagon.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:35 am

Well the silent one isn't responding. Either he's to lazy to respond or he isn't feeling so well(you know AGAIN). So I'm just going to Unvote due to my experience from last time.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 am

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
T.testLP wrote:
It appears the evidence is inconclusive for now, and lynching seems like a fairly big risk. I vote no lynch.

This really looks very scummy. But because of the logic to clear me, I'm guessing he's a third-party or investigative role. I can't be sure, as he just suddenly voted to not lynch when we are all try to see who to random lynch.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:42 am

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Sorry I've been inactive guys. But here's how I feel about things right now: Fly or Die, Genis, and Pachino are scum of some sort.

Genis wrote:
T.testLP wrote:

This really looks very scummy. But because of the logic to clear me, I'm guessing he's a third-party or investigative role. I can't be sure, as he just suddenly voted to not lynch when we are all try to see who to random lynch.

Why would you even random lynch in this situation? Any random lynch can be easily formulated by mafia/third party. The town would just bandwagon on whatever the mafia chose as "random". The scum knows that they're choosing a townie to be lynched, and the town obliviously bandwagons with the scum. Anyone who votes to random lynch is either misinformed or scum.

So far, we have Fly or Die going for random lynch at [Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm EST], and 3 minutes later, we see Genis hopping on the random lynch bandwagon. Oh, and there's this:

Faceless Void wrote:
Honestly guys, I expected this to be a bit harder to figure out this time. Pachino is a third party. Probably serial killer. He "analyzes" the situation, and immediately afterwards, suggests that the town follow the course of action most likely to put us in a bad spot. His bandwagon attempt fails, so he aligns his opinion with the majority in order not to stand out as someone pushing for a lynch when everybody else realizes that lynching on a day start is dumb.

Pachino tried to start a little bandwagon and failed at viewtopic.php?p=1010094#p1010094
As he realized that no one would follow him, he unvotes. And if you played MG Mafia 4 (Professor Layton Mafia), you'd realize that Pachino always "unvotes for the possibility of a fool". Pachino ended up being scum last game, and I'm pretty sure he's scum this time. I won't vote him yet, because this could just be me over analyzing things. I'll wait for Pachino to explain himself.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 am

Pachino, page one wrote:
Secretly, I want to be a third-party role

Lol, you make this too easy.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:06 am

Panthera leo wrote:
Pachino, page one wrote:
Secretly, I want to be a third-party role

Lol, you make this too easy.

That was before he even got his pm, but I see where you're going with this. Pachino looks like he's following the same pattern as he did on the last mafia. It does make him look scummy(since of course he was the last scum in mafia 4) It's something to work off of, but we shouldn't rush in so suddenly, this could be just the way pachino acts.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 am

Currently Playing: Fable III
The reason I'm suggesting a random-lynch is that since this game we appear to have worse odds than normal (and thus a greater chance of success, assuming Genis is cleared).
Panthera Leo wrote:
So far, we have Fly or Die going for random lynch at [Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm EST], and 3 minutes later, we see Genis hopping on the random lynch bandwagon. Oh, and there's this:

You mean Pachino, right?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:23 am

Fly or Die wrote:
The reason I'm suggesting a random-lynch is that since this game we appear to have worse odds than normal (and thus a greater chance of success, assuming Genis is cleared).
Panthera Leo wrote:

You mean Pachino, right?

No, I mean Genis and Pachino:

Random Lynch advocate 1:
Fly or Die viewtopic.php?p=1010083#p1010083
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Random lynch advocate 2:
Genis viewtopic.php?p=1010086#p1010086
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Random lynch advocate 3:
Pachino viewtopic.php?p=1010094#p1010094
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 pm

All of which are within 15 minutes of each other. That's a little bit too suspicious to be just a coincidence.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 am

I wasn't trying to start a bandwagon. I knew that no one else would vote for Test, I just wanted to get some discussions going. Does no one understand this concept?

Yeah, like I've said before, I really don't have much experience with playing a forum mafia. It's a whole lot different then what playing a game of mafia on EM is like. Honestly, I don't mean to give a scum reading.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:59 am
 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 35  Next