The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:09 pm

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Kirb Star's Art Dump: Updating. A lot. 

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Important question: Will Kirby's (and other characters that appear in Smash titles) moveset be different from that of his Smash appearances?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:10 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
^Before I explain that, I need to explain something else:
In the game, most attacks have two variants: A Soft Attack (if you press the button without much force) and Hard Attack (if you hold the button maximum), both of these being reminiscent of Ryu's playstyle in Smash 4, which was already inspired by Kirby's Fighter ability in Super Star. All characters have access to these tools so no one will be overpowered for some extra moves. This affects all moves but only some of these moves change the animation completely.

With that out of the way...
Since there's only like 3 from official Smash games, I'll talk about them separately.
-Kirby remains mostly the same, but gains some additional attacks in his moveset. E.g: N-Air (Soft) is Kirby's sex kick from Smash 64 while N-Air (Hard) is his Twinkle Star move from Melee onwards, etc.

-Meta Knight gets some changes in his moveset, like his Neutral Combo being changed to that of his Neutral Combo in Return to Dream Land/Planet Robobot; his D-Air (Soft) being his Brawl one, while his D-Air (Hard) it's his Project M one, etc.

-King Dedede is the one with the most changes: His S-Tilt (Soft) is his Brawl one while S-Tilt (Hard) it's his Neutral Hammer Move from every game, F-Air has been changed to be his Aerial Hammer from Kirby 64/Return to Dream Land, B-Air (Soft) it's his Brawl one (albeit nerfed), while B-Air (Hard) it's him spinning once like in some of his moves in Kirby Fighters Z, his D-Air (Soft) it's his Hammer Nail from Return to Dream Land while D-Air (Hard) it's the same move but with flames like in Triple Deluxe, etc.

Most of these changes are made so they become more closer to canon while still being viable.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:08 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Looks like an incredible concept. Really looking forward to it. If you want, I could maybe help you with the artworks or the sprites themselves.
I'm also making a game; "Dragon Ball Z: Smash!". It's Super Smash Bros. series with Dragon Ball characters. But I doubt it will ever reach into v0.1, since I don't have any programmers :/

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 am

Heh, Thanks!

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Btw, in your idea of Soft n' Hard attacks, how could anyone charge a Up-Smash without using its' hard version?

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:20 am

Kinda like how Ryu can use two Up-Tilts without using a Smash attack

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 am

I would’ve gotten this to you sooner, but I got all of my technology confiscated, so I’ve had to work under the guise of “schoolwork” whenever possible in order to find time to come up with ideas and research to make this. The process of me making these will be slow until I get my technology back, but until then, I’ll still try to get stuff to you. I plan on supplying you with as many moveset ideas as I possibly can. Please understand if it’s rather slow, for I’m being forced to use a school chromebook, occasionally resetting chrome in order to get a 10 second window to disable DyKnow.

Before I give you my idea for Kirby’s moveset, I’d like to give you a few ideas for how some things in the engine should work:
There should be C buttons. Usmash can only be done out of a dash if it’s with c-up. Otherwise an utilt will be performed. This is a neat feature of the SSF2 engine, and I think it should be incorporated into this game’s engine, because it will allow for a higher technical ceiling in general in this game. Dashcancelling should also work in this game similarly to how it does, as well as multidirectional inputs (holding left and right and retaining your momentum while being able to perform a jab, nair, or nspecial). Not yet confirmed.

Kirby revised moveset:
Neutral B:
Strong: Inhale- When an opponent’s ability is copied, it copies their strong and weak Neutral B. Also, when an opponent is spit out, a Weak A press will result in the enemy not going as far as a Strong A press. Confirmed
Weak: Air puff- The little puff of air he exhales after flying. Deals set knockback, little damage, and medium hitstun. It also cancels all of his vertical momentum. It would also be registered as a projectile, so it could be reflected. Confirmed
Side B:
Grounded:
Strong: Sm4sh hammer- His Side B from Sm4sh, also making an appearance in Robobot. Confirmed
Weak: Brawl hammer- His grounded side B from Brawl. Confirmed, uncharged would be Weak form
In the air:
Strong: Viable Kirby Hammer- See Magicscrumpy. Confirmed
Weak: Melee hammer- I was considering putting “Sleep” here, but I suppose this works too. Confirmed
Up B: SSF2 Final Cutter. No animation changes between Strong and weak. The only difference is that Strong has higher knockback than weak. Confirmed
Down B: Stone-Kirby's Stone ability. Strong hits harder than Weak and most likely will use heavier objects. Confirmed
Jab:
Strong: Sm4sh Jab- Kirby's Sm4sh Jab Combo Confirmed
Weak: Vulcan Jab- Not the Vulcan Jab from the Fighter ability, nor is it Vulcan Jab from Super Smash Bros, but rather Vulcan Jab from the Smash Bros ability. It's basically only the "flurry of punches" part of his Smash bros Jab. Confirmed
Ftilt: His Smash bros Ftilt. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong will do more knockback than weak. Confirmed
Utilt: His Smash Bros Utilt. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong will do more knockback than weak. Confirmed
Dtilt:
Strong: Slide- His Slide move from almost every Kirby game. It should deal set knockback, high hitstun, and knock Kirby back as well. Confirmed
Weak: Smash Dtilt- His Smash bros Dtilt. Confirmed
Dash Attack:
Strong: Break Spin- His Dash attack from Brawl and onwards. Confirmed
Weak: Fireball- His Dash attack from Melee. See “Weak Aerial Side B” for other considerations for his Weak Dash Attack.
Nair: Confirmed
Strong: Twinkle Star- His Nair from Melee onwards Confirmed
Weak: Sex Kick- His Nair from Smash 64 Confirmed
Fair:
Strong: Triple Kick- His Fair from Melee onwards Confirmed
Weak: Drill kick- His Fair from Smash 64Confirmed
Bair: His Smash Bros Bair. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong will do more knockback than weak. Confirmed
Uair: His Smash Bros Uair. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong will do more knockback than weak. Confirmed
Dair: His Smash Bros Dair. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong will do more damage than weak. Confirmed
Kirby's Smash attacks have no Strong and Weak Variants, although other characters will and it will work similarly to Black Mage's smash attacks in SSF2. Confirmed

I don't think there should be variants on throws, as it's kind of unnecessary. Not yet confirmed
Shielding will be SSF2 shielding without the desync between sound and animation. Confirmed

Thank you for reading my ideas, and I hope to hear back from you! I’ll try to come up with more stuff whenever possible!

Last edited by Happyfrozenfire on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Funny you nailed plenty of the Soft and Hard Attacks I was gonna give him, though, I'm gonna have to say "no" to the Special Dash move, I think that would complicate things a bit too much.
Honestly I think I'm better off using the SSF2 shielding (minus the graphic desynching with the actual shield) while maintaining Melee's perfect shield.

Also, friendly reminder that, while every move has a soft/hard variant, not all change the move. (e.g: Kirby can use either his Smash 64 N-Air and Twinkle Star for N-Air, while up-Air remains the same in terms of animation but only varies in damage and knockback).

Side-B is definitely gonna be chargeable like in Smash 4, but rather than giving it a Soft/Hard variant I decided to better just use Brawl's Hammer as the uncharged Hammer instead. Air Hammer remains the same as Viable Melee (watch MagicScrumpy's videos).

Weak puff for Soft Neutral B sounds good for me, but the other moves I'm gonna have to say no, they simply would be a bit too gimmicky in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions, though!

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Alright, thanks for the feedback man. I'm gonna edit it a bit now and then move on to working on Meta Knight.

EDIT: Please reread my moveset and confirm or shoot down any moves that won't be in Kirby's moveset. I feel that specials should have a weak and strong variant that it its own move, since they're specials and they're unique.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 am

Specials would all have Weak/Strong variants... but the move would only change in a few moves (Kirby's Neutral B/Side B for example) while the other specials just hit stronger depending on how hard you press the button (Kirby's Up B or Down B)
As for the other moves, I'll just put (Doesn't change) if it's the latter case.

Jab:
-Weak would only be a repetitive punch.
-Strong would be his Combo from Smash 4, you can already use Smash Punch after the infinite combo so :P

S-Tilt:
-Doesn't change.

Up-tilt:
-Doesn't change.

D-Tilt: Yes to both.

Dash Attack: Yes to both.

N-Air: Yes to both.

F-Air: Yes to both.

B-Air: Doesn't change. Sorry, but that move doesn't look really viable. (Not a fan of the anime, btw)

U-Air: Doesn't change.

D-Air: Doesn't change, Knuckle Joe & Biospark would be better off with this move.

Btw, Smash Attacks also get Weak/Strong variants but these ones are based on how much you charge the attack, like BM... but Kirby has no variants for his Smash Attacks.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 am

Alright. Now that Kirby's done, time to work on Meta Knight. This may get difficult...

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:59 am

Meta-knight revised moveset:
Neutral B: His Smash Bros Neutral B. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong will do more damage than Weak. Confirmed
Side B: His Smash Bros Side B. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Weak will go farther than Strong, and the final hit of Strong will do more knockback than Weak. Confirmed
Up B:
Strong: Brawl shuttle loop- MK’s Brawl Shuttle Loop Confirmed
Weak: Sm4sh shuttle loop- MK’s Sm4sh Shuttle Loop Confirmed
Down B: His Smash Bros Down B. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Weak will deal less knockback than Strong but will also have less endlag than strong. Confirmed
Jab:
Strong: Meta Multithrust- MK’s Jab combo from Robobot. Confirmed
Weak: Overhead Slash- MK's Overhead Slash move from the Sword ability in every game it makes an appearance in. Confirmed
Ftilt: His Smash Bros Ftilt. Confirmed
Utilt: His Smash Bros Utilt. Confirmed
Strong: Up Thrust- MK's Up Thrust move from Robobot. Confirmed
Weak: Smash Utilt- His Smash Bros Dtilt. Confirmed
Dtilt:
Strong: Brawl Dtilt- His Brawl Dtilt Confirmed
Weak: Sm4sh Dtilt- His Sm4sh Dtilt. Confirmed
Dash Attack:
Strong: Piercing Slash- His Piercing Slash move from every game in which there’s a Meta Knightmare mode. Should send enemies diagonally forward and upwards with little knockback. Confirmed
Weak: Smash Dash Attack- His Dash attack from the Smash games. Confirmed
Nair:
Strong: Knight Spin- His Nair from the Smash games. Confirmed
Weak: Meta Chop and Thrust- His Meta Chop and Thrust move from every game in which there’s a Meta Knightmare mode. Should send enemies diagonally forward and upwards with set knockback. Should also send him backwards and upwards slightly. Confirmed
Fair: His Smash Bros Fair. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong deals more knockback than Weak. Confirmed
Bair: His Project M Bair. No differing animations between Strong and Weak. Strong deals more knockback than Weak. Confirmed
Uair:
Strong: Up thrust- His Up thrust move from Robobot. Should slow his vertical momentum when used. Confirmed
Weak: Smash Uair- His Uair from the Smash games. Confirmed
Dair:
Strong: PM Dair- His Dair from Project M. Does as much knockback as Link's Dair, I hate my life. Confirmed, why the f*** would you give MK an upgraded version of Link's Dair you monster
Weak: Smash™ Dair- His Dair from the official Smash games. Confirmed™
Fsmash:
Fully Charged: Stealth Slash- The Stealth Slash move from the Ninja ability. Meta-Knight can be seen using it in the Samurai Kirby minigame in Super Star and Super Star Ultra. (Yes, that is what he's using.) Confirmed
Normal: Smash Fsmash- His Fsmash from the Smash games. Confirmed
Usmash: His Smash Bros Usmash. Confirmed
Dsmash:
Fully Charged: Meta Spin Slash- His Meta Spin Slash move from Planet Robobot. Confirmed
Normal: Smash Dsmash: His Dsmash from the Smash games. Confirmed

Alright, thanks for reading this. It’s much more realistic than my proposed Kirby moveset, so I do hope you consider each of my suggestions. My next moveset will be for Dedede!

Last edited by Happyfrozenfire on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Confirmed everything except:
Weak Jab, A single swipe of the sword like he's done in Nightmare in Dream Land. All weak jabs are intended to only be one weak punch/attack.

Up-tilt: Strong should be Up Thrust from Robobot.

D-Tilt: His slide has always been with the sword, so it's better if it only varies for Sm4sh D-Tilt (Weak) and Brawl D-Tilt (Strong, but laggier)

B-Air: Better make it only the PM one, the Smash one is already too similar to F-Air.

D-Air: Strong shouldn't be exactly the PM one, better make it more akin to Link's D-Air except it speeds up downwards. (PM's wasn't very strong)

F-Smash: Is better off just being the regular one from Sm4sh but the fully charged one being more akin to his move in Samurai Kirby, music and effects included.

Down-Smash: Dive Bomb is better off for Birdon. D-Smash is better off being Meta Knight Spin Slash, where it goes longer and you can slide if fully charged.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was really struggling on what to change.
-------------------------------------
Now on to actual art, now showing off Queen Ripple's artwork!
Aaand here are her costumes:
1- "Queen of Ripple Star" Default.
2- "Lucid Dreamer" Based on Madotsuki from Yume Nikki.
3- "Great Fairy Queen" Based on the Great Fairy from Zelda.
4- "Holy Trinity" Based on Double from Skullgirls.
5- "Angelic Goddess" Based on Palutena from Kid Icarus.
6- "Swapped Note" Based on Nikki from Swapnote.
7- "Ripple Master" Based on Lisa Lisa from JJBA Battle Tendency.
8- "Fairy Queen's Blade" Based on Cattleya from Queen's Blade.
9- "Snow Queen" Based on the japanese Yuki-Onna.
10- "Mary Xmas" Based on Chao from Yuyuki.
11- "Girl of the Stars" Based on Annie from Skullgirls.
12- "Bloody C" Based on Saya Kisaragi from Blood-C.
13- "Quartz Warrior" Based on Rose Quartz from Steven Universe.
14- "Fourth Elite" Based on Shauntal from Pokémon Black/White.
15- "Special Assistant" Based on Bianca from Pokémon Black/White.
16- "Waker of Winds" Based on the Great Fairy from TLOZ: The Wind Waker.
17- "Spooky & Scary" Based on a Ghost Girl.
18- "She who Holds the Stars" Based on Queen Sectonia.
Thoughts? Which ones were your favorites?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Updated MK's moveset. Time to take a break and then work on Dedede.

EDIT: Ok then, as long as Mega Mach Tornado is in there somewhere. MK's moveset has been finalized in that case.

Last edited by Happyfrozenfire on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

I was actually saving his Mega Mach Tornado for his Final Smash.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:21 pm
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next