The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 am

[ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next
Steven's Drawings: Incompetence 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Shiver-Star wrote:
I really love your style, it's pretty unique.

That's a nice compliment, thank you.

TsuppyNewYear wrote:
To Steven, what style of art influences your art?

Seems to have some elements from manga, and early American comic books.

Well, I grew up watching american cartoons (Looney Tunes and Disney) and reading french comics (Asterix&Obelix and Lucky Luke) so my earliest drawings leaned more towards that style. Then, like every other guy I had my manga phase when I was 14 when everything looked like a Katy Coope drawing and eventually I kinda broke away from that. I read a lot of comics from various styles (from webcomics like Nedroid, Back, Ava's Demon and Cucumber Quest, to modern american comics like Fables, Hellboy, Avengers, Watchmen and Batman to manga like One Piece and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). When I draw myself I try to take whatever I like from the artists that I like and follow, and draw it so many times that I eventually end up giving my own sort of spin to it.

Especially for the Ghost Gumshoes setting, I try to give every character an individualistic sort of style, so some characters may look more manga-ish while others are more cartoon-like.

But to summarize, I personally consider my style a melting pot more than anything, though I don't really read a lot of manga anymore nowadays so I'm kinda leaning towards saying cartoons and american/french comics as my main influence.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:25 pm

MGN Username: God-sama
Currently Playing: Minecraft, SMBX , Kirby Dreamland thingy.
Steven wrote:
Shiver-Star wrote:
I really love your style, it's pretty unique.

That's a nice compliment, thank you.

TsuppyNewYear wrote:
To Steven, what style of art influences your art?

Seems to have some elements from manga, and early American comic books.

Well, I grew up watching american cartoons (Looney Tunes and Disney) and reading french comics (Asterix&Obelix and Lucky Luke) so my earliest drawings leaned more towards that style. Then, like every other guy I had my manga phase when I was 14 when everything looked like a Katy Coope drawing and eventually I kinda broke away from that. I read a lot of comics from various styles (from webcomics like Nedroid, Back, Ava's Demon and Cucumber Quest, to modern american comics like Fables, Hellboy, Avengers, Watchmen and Batman to manga like One Piece and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). When I draw myself I try to take whatever I like from the artists that I like and follow, and draw it so many times that I eventually end up giving my own sort of spin to it.

Especially for the Ghost Gumshoes setting, I try to give every character an individualistic sort of style, so some characters may look more manga-ish while others are more cartoon-like.

But to summarize, I personally consider my style a melting pot more than anything, though I don't really read a lot of manga anymore nowadays so I'm kinda leaning towards saying cartoons and american/french comics as my main influence.

Like it man, good thing you're trying to be unique with your art instead of sticking to one style, which artist unfortunately sometimes end up falling prey to. Good work Steven good work, although there are some comic panels where it's really hard to see what's going on due to the shading over kill, is this intentional for artistic effect?

Lukepi wrote:
read my post in your thread after i locked it.

i'm done. if you send me another PM with a sarcastic s#%$& attitude i'm banning you for 3 days.

go ahead and test me. see what happens.

;)

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:23 pm
Site Moderator

TsuppyNewYear wrote:
Like it man, good thing you're trying to be unique with your art instead of sticking to one style, which artist unfortunately sometimes end up falling prey to. Good work Steven good work, although there are some comic panels where it's really hard to see what's going on due to the shading over kill, is this intentional for artistic effect?

Good question; I mainly work with black and white and I like to use pure black to shade things with (kind of like how Mike Mignola does it). Occasionally, this does make it harder to distinguish details, so it's something I'll need to practise with more. I don't really draw a lot of comic panels these days but maybe that is something to keep in mind for the near future or so.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:27 pm

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Steven wrote:
I don't really draw a lot of comic panels these days but maybe that is something to keep in mind for the near future or so.

Never Forget

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Lisnovski wrote:
Steven wrote:
I don't really draw a lot of comic panels these days but maybe that is something to keep in mind for the near future or so.

Never Forget

Never forget

Steven/11

Lukepi wrote:

i'm done. if you send me another PM with a sarcastic s#%$& attitude i'm banning you for 3 days.

;)

Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:16 pm
Site Moderator

TsuppyNewYear wrote:
Never forget

Steven/11

After the Patriots, I thought I could walk off the battlefield and into a normal life..

but I was wrong

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:54 pm
Site Moderator

Alice and Marks fight a vampire

Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Waifu: I'm married
i never really imagined her in such a cartoony style but i like it

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:16 pm
YIM WWW

Steven wrote:
[ Image ]

Is ... she just a bad aim or did the vamp dodge her shot?

Lukepi wrote:

;)

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Site Moderator

Kittenpuncher wrote:
i never really imagined her in such a cartoony style but i like it

I feel that in general my style is progressively getting more toony and stylised, which is something that I have been aiming for. And thanks!

TsuppyNewYear wrote:
Steven wrote:
[ Image ]

Is ... she just a bad aim or did the vamp dodge her shot?

Alice is a lousy shot but knows how to throw a punch

Here is a concept I was working on today for the Ghost Gumshoes comic, it's a map of the world the world in which the stories take place. The world (known as 'Bol' so far) is much younger than planet Earth, which is why contintental drift hasn't affected the land as much as it has affected Earth yet. The world is made up of of several lands, all of which house fables, legends and folklore figures of different cultures
The world of Bol: show
The Darklands is a barren land, but it's capital New Limbo is the biggest city on Bol and the only city in the Darklands. The Darklands initiative took place hundreds of years before the stories starts, in a time in which prisons were getting too full all across the world. As a solution, the world's leading political powers decided on ship and concentrate all of the criminal element in one spot which became the Darklands. Son after, the poor, disabled and disenfranchised also got send to the Darklands, where they were followed to live amongst the killers. As the city developed, the innocent started to set up governements in order to get things under control. These days, New Limbo is still filled with crime and criminals, and the only people who go to New Limbo are either forced to or completely out of options. Gordon Grim, Mr. Toad and Alice are part of the New Limbo Police Departement, while Marks and Spencer have set up shop as private detectives in the city. The Darklands are walled off and under surveilance of neightbouring kingdoms, and it has no representatives.
Wonderland also known as 'Albion' is a small nation of the coast of the Greenlands. After the death of the Queen of Hearts and te disappeareance of her next of kin, her sister the Duchess has assumed command of the country, acting as its representative as well.
The Green Lands is the biggest kingdom. To keep the kindgom under control, different regions employ local governnements, which in turn are sattelite governements for the monarch in New Camelot, its capital. The regions are known as Carabas, Cokaigné, Woodlands and Camelot. It's representative is the monarch of the kingdom
The Land Yuletide is the frozen land up north. Its capital, Niflheim, is located in a frozen bay. Due to the harsh climate, small communities of humans are scattered all over the land, which makes it difficult to control the country and means that much of the its governement's focus is directed at Niflheim alone.
The Ozlands are the desert regions, named after King Oz of long ago. While Oz used to be the capital, political power has shifted to the desert city Ubar, where the Sultan acts as the representative. The Emerland City is located within the desert, but has largely been destroyed in a coup d'État and its leader Scarecrow has been exiled to the Darklands.
Sunyata Plains onlyfeatures a handful of humans scattered in small colonies across the wastelands. Its inhabitants are mostly nomads, leaving the land without any cities or so. Most of its inhabitants are giants and beasts that prefer to be left alone. In the mountains lays the temple city of Shambhala, which is without any form of governement as well. The land has no representative by choice, but plays no role internationally due to the lack of an actual economy and lack of sources.
Land of the Dragon is an island nation, named after the local tale that the land was created when the celestial dragons Izanami and Izanagi fused to form new lands. The emperor rules over the island from the imperial city Heian-Kyo.

Not pictured: North and South pole known as the Land of Ice and Sea of Ice respectively

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:03 pm

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
Is it just me that can't see any images you posted on this page?

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:52 pm

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Shaske wrote:
Is it just me that can't see any images you posted on this page?

Try 2nd Mouse button > Open in a New Tab.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:45 pm

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
Thanks

Steven, when's the web comics and all the fame&glory which evolve into a cartoon then a movie and moeny and ladies?

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm
Site Moderator

Shaske wrote:
Thanks

Steven, when's the web comics and all the fame&glory which evolve into a cartoon then a movie and moeny and ladies?

My major motion picture 'Ghost Gumshoes: The movie' and my Eisner award are scheduled for 2020. My marriage with Emma Watson isn't untill 2022

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:33 am
Site Moderator

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:19 pm
 [ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next