The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:06 am

[ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 35  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia V [Devs vs Balancers] 

Believeblood wrote:
Well the silent one isn't responding. Either he's to lazy to respond or he isn't feeling so well(you know AGAIN). So I'm just going to Unvote due to my experience from last time.

That and I have cross country till 6 every day.

I've been reading the topic, I just haven't ever felt I had anything useful to say.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:12 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
FoD, page 5 wrote:
As a side note, this set-up is cult sided, assuming cult works like normal.

Uhh, how do you know this? Two independent =/= cult. The way I see it, you're either a cult leader/follower, or you're some other scum/independent role trying to mislead us into thinking there is a cult. Please explain.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Panthera leo wrote:
FoD, page 5 wrote:

Uhh, how do you know this? Two independent =/= cult. The way I see it, you're either a cult leader/follower, or you're some other scum/independent role trying to mislead us into thinking there is a cult. Please explain.

Yes, I had a feeling that fly or die was a third party ever since he assumed that the third party was a killing role on the 7th page. If we put this together with the evidence right here(which I've never really noticed before.), then I think I can make the assumption that fly or die is one of the third party.
Vote:Fly or die

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 pm

(DP) Not only that but he also assumed that the third parties would only want to kill the townies and not the mafia.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:15 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Believeblood wrote:
Yes, I had a feeling that fly or die was a third party ever since he assumed that the third party was a killing role on the 7th page. If we put this together with the evidence right here(which I've never really noticed before.), then I think I can make the assumption that fly or die is one of the third party.

Did anyone else get a scum vibe off of this? Believeblood is rushing to vote for Fly or Die, when he hasn't got a chance to explain himself yet.

Care to explain?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Pachino wrote:
Believeblood wrote:

Did anyone else get a scum vibe off of this? Believeblood is rushing to vote for Fly or Die, when he hasn't got a chance to explain himself yet.

Care to explain?

I'm not rushing to vote for fly or die. If I was rushing then I would have voted for him the second he said this was cult sided. I trying to work off something. So far the most suspicous people are you and fly or die. I'm voting for one of you and seeing how he will react to my reasoning and evidence. Cause let's admit it this game is going no where when everyone is just speculating and estimating. I tried to do this with the silent one but it seemed like he wasn't going to respond. We can't let the day go by without any information so I'm trying to make some.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Panthera leo wrote:
Fly or Die wrote:
The reason I'm suggesting a random-lynch is that since this game we appear to have worse odds than normal (and thus a greater chance of success, assuming Genis is cleared).
Panthera Leo wrote:
So far, we have Fly or Die going for random lynch at [Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm EST], and 3 minutes later, we see Genis hopping on the random lynch bandwagon. Oh, and there's this:

You mean Pachino, right?

No, I mean Genis and Pachino:

Random Lynch advocate 1:
Fly or Die viewtopic.php?p=1010083#p1010083
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Random lynch advocate 2:
Genis viewtopic.php?p=1010086#p1010086
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Random lynch advocate 3:
Pachino viewtopic.php?p=1010094#p1010094
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 pm

All of which are within 15 minutes of each other. That's a little bit too suspicious to be just a coincidence.

Three words. Ninja'd by FoD.

Also, I thought we were going to do a random lynch, since I don't have an investigative role (darn). That either made me target or not to non-townies. I have the urge to claim name and role, but for now, I'll just stay where I am right now.

Believeblood wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:
FoD, page 5 wrote:

You just assumed Panthera leo was right and decided to lynch FoD. And the evidence isn't good enough for a lynch at all. And besides, is third party really a killer? Or are you just assuming that it is.

By the way, who the hell would that be?

Believeblood wrote:
I'm not rushing to vote for fly or die. If I was rushing then I would have voted for him the second he said this was cult sided. I trying to work off something. So far the most suspicous people are you and fly or die. I'm voting for one of you and seeing how he will react to my reasoning and evidence. Cause let's admit it this game is going no where when everyone is just speculating and estimating. I tried to do this with the silent one but it seemed like he wasn't going to respond. We can't let the day go by without any information so I'm trying to make some.
If you weren't rushing, then you wouldn't have voted for FoD the second Panthera gave the "evidence." You aren't even reasoning. You are assuming, just like EVERYONE ELSE.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
I'm going to ignore everyone after/before me and respond to this:
Panthera leo wrote:
Uhh, how do you know this? Two independent =/= cult.

I actually wasn't looking at the two independents. Assuming cult works the way its supposed to, the cult would have virtually no problems converting everyone; with anyone they choose, there is a slight chance they meet someone un-cultable and mason would be killed off before anything happens (with so few town compared to others).
Panthera leo wrote:
The way I see it, you're either a cult leader/follower, or you're some other scum/independent role trying to mislead us into thinking there is a cult. Please explain.

Funny you should say that...

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:40 pm
SSF2 Developer

Ahem, so, gonna do some analysis and stuff.
First off, while he's kind of on my radar, I'm not going to vote for Pachino just yet. Him voting for T.testLP, while somewhat unplained, seems reasonable. HOWEVER, he did not state the reason ( T.testLP said his role was weird...) in his post. Do keep in mind, however, that third-party does not necessarily translate into anti-town.

I'll expand on that last idea a bit. IMo as a Balancer myself (as in, both the game role and being an actual SSF2 Balancer), I could offer some helpful stuff on our "culture", so to speak. I'm going to focus on the topic of third-party roles for now, since it's relevant to what we are talking about.

Since this game is theme-based, I think we can "guesstimate" some of the third-party roles based on the forum members which the roles may be based on. And here's my point: We could very possibly have pro-town or neutral third-party players.

The first possibility is DJ Wizard Cop himself. While not yet "officially" a Balancer, he is often treated as and considered to be one. I think it is very likely that he's represented by a role in the game. If that's the case, IMO there's a pretty high chance he'd be a pro-town thirdparty role, if not one of the townies.

And then there's RoyMaster/ RM. The former is a Developer, while the latter is a Balancer. IMO they are both quite likely to be represented in the game. Due to the similarity in their names, some people (jokingly?) believe that they are the same person. The duo might be represented by a "Amneisiac" role.

Not saying that there won't be any anti-town third-party players; simply pointing out that there might be some pro-town ones.

Other than that, right now I'm waiting for Void to respond before I vote:
Quote:
Void, how certain are you? Would you be willing to put your own credibility on your analyzation, so that if it is wrong, you would be identified as an anti-Balancer role?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:48 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
135 wrote:
Void, how certain are you? Would you be willing to put your own credibility on your analyzation, so that if it is wrong, you would be identified as an anti-Balancer role?
Positive. All Pachino is doing now is trying to move suspicion off of himself by giving bogus reasons for his actions. Voting pressure is a part of the game, but that clearly wasn't his motivation at the beginning. Look at this:

Pachino wrote:
If we do have a third-party killer, then our situation would be...

A. Town lynches mafia. We're down to 8 balancers, 3 devs, and 2 third-parties.
B. Town lynches townie. We'll have 7 balancers, 4 devs, and 2 third-parties.
C. Town lynches third-party. 8 balancers, 4 devs, and 1 third-party.
D. Town no-lynches. 8 balancers, 4 devs, and 2 third-parties.

Option A is the most preferrable here, however, the chances of that happening are very slim. That being said, a random lynch would be a suitable option. I really don't think we should no-lynch because it'll put us in a bad situation.

We also have no idea what the third-party roles could be either. For all we know, we could be playing with a fool, on whom we might accidentally lynch on the first day. I'm currently undecided, although I'm leaning more towards a random lynch.

So, I'm going to get discussion going by voting someone who hasn't posted yet.

Vote: T.testLP

"Option A is the most preferrable here." Sure. If we do have a killer, then C is better, but Pachino doesn't want to die so he didn't point that out. He follows up by saying that "the chances of that happening are very slim." This is true. "That being said, a random lynch would be a suitable option." Somehow I'm seeing things differently. "I really don't think we should no-lynch because it'll put us in a bad situation." This last one must be a typo, because I'm pretty sure he meant to say "put me in a bad situation." A "random" lynch on Day 1 with no prior night phase is always a bad idea. The mafia can and will influence any lynch for the worse. It doesn't make sense to give them that chance unless one is scum themselves or third party.

"We also have no idea what the third-party roles could be either. For all we know, we could be playing with a fool, on whom we might accidentally lynch on the first day." And that is definitely the thing we should be most worried about. Who cares about lynching townies? "I'm currently undecided, although I'm leaning more towards a random lynch." Because suddenly we don't care about fools anymore.

In case is isn't obvious, Pachino is constantly going back and forth. This is a mediocre attempt at trying to influence the town while looking innocent. You can't have it both ways, bud. You either argue one side or you argue the other. This on the fence garbage won't get you anywhere.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 pm
lol@broken box

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
what? It's working perfectly fine.
----
Anyways, I'm really starting to want to vote Pachino now.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Panthera leo wrote:
what? It's working perfectly fine.
----
Anyways, I'm really starting to want to vote Pachino now.

That's odd. My page always breaks whenever there's more than two boxes on a page (been like that for over a year). And Believeblood posted twice on this page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, I'm getting that feeling too. Although Pachino's posts have always been difficult to dicipher. I am going to give him him one more chance to explain.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

MGN Username: Pach
The only way I can prove that I'm not mafia is by either...
>Having an investigator investigate me.
>Or claim.

Pick one.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Pachino wrote:
The only way I can prove that I'm not mafia is by either...
>Having an investigator investigate me.
>Or claim.

Pick one.

If we want to have an investigator investigate you then we would need to wait until night. I would prefer you claim, but that's just me of course.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:08 pm
 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 35  Next