The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:10 pm

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Velosareon's Guide To Paper Crafting 

Welcome To Velosareon's Guide To Paper Crafting!

_________

Table of Contents (Use Ctrl + F And Type In Code For Easy Navigation!)

(Example Section..........................................................................[CODE])

Introduction To Paper Crafting....................................................[ITPC]
How To Use This Guide..........................................................[HTUSTG]
What You Will Need.................................................................[WYWN]
Paper Crafting Sites......................................................................[PCS]
Set-Up And Getting Started.....................................................[SUAGS]
Helpful Tips!.....................................................................................[HT]
Building With Velosareon!(Beginner).......................................[BWVB]
Building With Velosareon!(Intermediate).................................[BWVI]
Building With Velosareon!(Advanced)......................................[BWVA]
My Gallery.......................................................................................[MG]
Extras!................................................................................................[E]

_________

Introduction To Paper Crafting....................................................[ITPC]

What is paper crafting? Well, paper crafting is an art. It's like origami, except you have to cut and paste too. It's really fun

actually, and very time consuming. It's also very calming, like origami! But if you don't think origami is easy, or if you

wanted to make your favorite video game character out of paper so you could show off to your friends, then you have

come to the right place! Imagine... just printing out a paper with ink slathered on top of it... and then turning the flat, ink

doused paper, into a three-dimensional masterpiece! And that, is what you may do with paper crafting! I have found paper

crafting to be calming, so that is why I wish to share it with you, the MG Community!

_________

How To Use This Guide..........................................................[HTUSTG]

It's fairly simple. All you really need to know is to navigate through this guide easily, you can press "Ctrl + F" to activate

the "Find" menu. After you open it, you can click in the small window and type in the codes specified for the sections. Like

for example, If I wanted to view the "How To Use This Guide" section, I would press "Ctrl + F", click the window, and type

in "HTUSTG" as the code specifies. See? Simple?

_________

What You Will Need.................................................................[WYWN]

I'll make a list of certain things that you will need when performing the art of paper crafting!

The Things You Need List (Note: If there is an '*' next to it, it means some parental help may be needed.)

-*A printer!

-Some glue!

-A pair of scissors!

-An open desk/work place!

-Toothpicks!

-Some motor skills!

-Some paper!

-Some tweezers! (For small parts)

Optional Things

-*Razor knife!

-A Cutting Mat! (You can use and unused mouse pad or a board.)

-*A Colored Printer!

-*Fast drying glue!

-Cardstock! (Thick paper 120g-160g)

-*A scoring tool! (To make nicer folds, but not really necessary.)

_________

Paper Crafting Sites......................................................................[PCS]

There are hundreds of paper crafting sites, but to get you started, I'll post some links to my favorites.

-http://nintendopapercraft.blogspot.com/

-http://members.home.nl/saarloos/

-http://www.pokemonpapercraft.com/

-http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/

-http://wowpapercraft.blogspot.com/

That should be enough to get you started.

_________

Set-Up And Getting Started.....................................................[SUAGS]

Setup and Getting Started: show
Set-up is pretty easy. All you need is the materials, and a good workplace like this:

For getting started, I suggest you follow one of my walkthroughs on certain paper craft models starting with Building With

Velosareon!(Beginner)[Code: BWVB], or go to one of the suggested sites in the Paper Craft Sites section (Code: PCS).

Other things you might want to know before you start, mountain and valley folds (just in case you didn’t know what they were):
Mountain folds, or normal folds as I call them, are just folds that you usually think of when folding (hence why I call it

normal fold).
Valley folds, or inverse folds as I call them, are just folded the other way.

_________

Helpful Tips!.....................................................................................[HT]

These will be random tips that might be useful to some beginners. Feel free to contribute!

-Use really good glue.

-When finished with a model/working on a model, make sure to put it somewhere where you/others can’t damage it.

-Make sure to plan out what you will be doing/read the instructions if provided before you start your paper craft.

-Make sure to make your workplace nice and spacey.

-If you feel like you messed up on a paper craft, or if you feel like you did it horribly, redo it when you get some more

experience! That’s what I did with my Master Sword. (Can be found in the “My Gallery” section [Code: MG])

-If you can, try to download Pepakura Viewer so if in downloads there are .PDO files, you can view them in a special

program that really helps when it comes to paper crafting!

That’s all for now!

_________

Building With Velosareon!(Beginner)...........................................................[BWVB]

Suspicious Cardboard Box: show
Welcome to Building with Velosareon!(Beginner). We will be making a simple craft, the

mother of all crafts, the cube! (Or the rectangular prism to be accurate) If you want follow along this guide, you can print it

out here: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/Papercraftbucket/Nintendo/SolidSnakeSmashTaunt.jpg

Step 1: Printing It Out!

For the first step, just print it out (preferably colored). It should look like this:

Step 2: Cutting It Out!

The second most important step of paper crafting, is to cut out the piece(s)! It should look like this:

Step 3: Let’s Start Foldin’!

For the next step, we’ll start folding all of the paper craft and the tabs. There aren’t any valley folds so it should be

straightforward. It should look like this:

Step 4: Let’s Start Gluin’!

Let’s start gluing by applying some glue to one of the rectangular surface tab, and make a corner like so:

Step 5: And In the next corner…!

Do the same to the other side, like so:

Step 6: Gluing On The Top

Apply glue on both tabs of the top and then slide the top tabs between the walls. Press the tabs against the walls using a

toothpick. It should look like this:

Step 7: The Finishing Touch!

Apply glue onto all open tabs and then press the remaining rectangular surface onto the tabs. The finished model should

look like this:

Step 8: Put it in your collection!/Start your collection!

Congratulations! You’ve finished this beginner model! Now try the intermediate and advanced models! And remember,

snake will always be watching you from your collection!

_________

Building With Velosareon!(Intermediate)...........................................................[BWVI]

Banjo Tooie Big Al Burger: show
Coming Soon!

_________

Building With Velosareon!(Advanced)...........................................................[BWVA]

Naruto Shuriken: show
Coming Soon!

_________

My Gallery.......................................................................................[MG]

My Gallery: show
Kokiri Sword

Comments: This was my first papercraft for the colored printer, it hangs on my wall right now... took me about... 2-3 days I think...

Blast Mask

Comments: Boom! It's the Blast Mask! Took me 2 minutes.

Gibdo Mask

Comments: Ah! The Gibdo Mask!

"Do Not Touch" Signs

Comments: Just plain old signs (that neither my family nor friends listen to.)

Blue Cucco

Comments: Cucco! Took me 3 days. :P

Treasure Chests From Zelda 64

Comments: The chests of the Zelda 64 games! Majora's mask's chest on left, middle Boss Key chest, and the right is from Ocarina of Time.

8-Bit Bow

Comments: Bow from original Zelda, took me about 2 hours (procrastination!)

Eye Switch

Comments: This papercraft was originally my first one when I only had a black and white printer. It has had tons of changes in structure (mostly cause I didn't fold it correctly) and used ink and really good glue.

Rupee Collection

Comments: This took me 3 weeks to do and is technically 13 papercrafts glued together :P

Eye Stone

Comments: Meh, a simple one, took me an hour.

Master Sword

Comments: This was my second attempt at the papercraft, the first time is on the bottom (which is now destroyed) and was one of my first papercrafts (that failed) and I decided to redo it with stronger paper, colored ink (i colored in the bottom one with crayons :P), no (fold) lines, and a bigger model. It took me about 3-4 days to make.

Banjo Kazooie Health Refill Honeycomb

Comments: Gotta love the B-K series!

Snake's Suspicious Cardboard Box

Comments: He’s Watching!

Banjo Tooie: Big Al Burger

Coming Soon!
Comments: In the game, Big Al was sneezing on them, and he used to clean out toilets for a living… Do you really wanna
take a bite?

Naruto's Shuriken

Comments: For all the Naruto fans!

_________

Extras!..................................................................................................[E]

This section is for things that people have wanted to add to my guide, things that I did not create that help this guide.

I will credit anyone who provides extras for this guide.

_________

This guide isn’t finished, post anything that you want to add, or any mistakes (like broken links, images, boxes.)

Last edited by ~Derpy Hooves~ on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Site Moderator

Very, very nice. It's not every day you get to see some real crafting.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:31 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Very nice.

Will you expand this into including just-folding origami?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:01 am
Site Moderator

I have some cool origami pieces I picked up, if he decides to include it.

Jin wrote:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:50 am

|~DVDV~| wrote:
Very nice.

Will you expand this into including just-folding origami?

I was actually considering this while making it. Maybe I'll make a section(s) about it or another guide. I do have a lot of really good origami books, but sadly, I'm at an airport to Russia right now so it'll have to wait for the time being. Enjoy the paper crafting! It's really fun!

Edit: Also, while packing, I picked up a ton of paper crafts to do in Russia. I might do more "Building With Velosareon" sections! Blue, I know it's easy but try the first Building with Velosareon thing! Post a pic of it when you're done.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:29 am
Site Moderator

Kay! Gotta get my printer working, real quick.

Jin wrote:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Awesome! I always loved crafting! Nice job and really neat and organized text!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:08 am

Update! Added "Helpful Tips" section. There probably won't be any major updates for a while because I'm in Russia right now and just came from the 15 hour flight... And I'll be spending most of the time away from teh interwebs. I will try to make more updates when I come back or during this trip. Things you might see this month: Building With Velosareon! (Advanced and/or Intermediate). Some more Building With Velosareon things might be made. I'm think of make a single section called: Building with Velosareon and have multiple boxes open up to a step by step walkthrough of some paper crafts, the only problem is, that last time I tried to use 10+ boxes for my gallery, they all broke. Also check out my gallery! It's really cool. Things you might see next month: More building with Velosareon segments, and an addition to the extra section, the origami guide which I plan to work with Blue. Though it might be to much of an overload in one topic so we might have to make a seperate one. We'll decide in the next month. (Because today is probably the only day in Russia I get to use the internet...) See you, and have fun paper crafting!

~ Velosareon

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:18 am
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
Wow those are nice... I can only work with wood and plastic. I could use this tutorial :P

I always wanted to get into this...

Extremely nice crafts on your part.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:30 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Personally I'm really looking forwards to see you do Naruto.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:33 am

Ooooooh. These look really nice! Reminds me of those packs of cardboard cut outs you can get and make 3D models.

Children - Geno

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:06 am

Impressive. My little brother paper crafts utilizing a tool known as Pepakura. Amazing the stuff he can do with a 3D model, a knife, and some glue.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 am

obsidian wrote:
Impressive. My little brother paper crafts utilizing a tool known as Pepakura. Amazing the stuff he can do with a 3D model, a knife, and some glue.

I've heard of it and I've used it. Some downloads come with pepakura files to view the crafts to know where the pieces go.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Those are good :)

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
Not too shabby. You know, Snake has two Cardboard Boxes, an A and a B. It'd be cool to make a set. Haha.

Adopted by Shounic

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:13 pm
 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next