The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:12 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
Sage's Art Practice 

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
And now for something... Completely different.

Nothing too fancy, just practicing drawing some random body parts and whatnot. I'm starting with eyes.

Yesterday: show
Crappy image quality, but it gets the idea.

today at 4 a goddamn clock: show

C+C is very welcomed since I wanna get into drawing more.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:57 am

Hey Sage \o/. Since you're using a circle as your base (I think), you should sketch that circle lighter to get the form and then draw the eyelids over the circle. The eyelids lines should be smaller than the circle itself (which you did) and shouldn't have a very circular form if you're going for realism since they are most commonly not. For making the shape of the eyelid's lines, I'd suggest sketching straight lines first and then drawing a curve over them. The distinct lines for the eyelid's end that you made shouldn't be visible or should be very lightly sketched. The only case that I can think of where a hard line is present near the top of an eyelid is the double eyelid line which I don't think you were attempting. The iris of the eye should approach more the top eyelid than the bottom one if looking straight. The eye muscle that appears in the corner of the eye should create more of a straight line with the eyelids than a circle.

Here's a diagram of what I was talking about if it helps:

The cross line was just to help place the iris and the top line above the eyelid line is a double eyelid line. Note that all of what I said could be done differently and that it's really just how I would go about doing stuff. Also note that I don't draw realistic eyes that well so follow at your own risk.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:04 pm
 [ 2 posts ]