The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:17 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
MedinasWorks Art WorkShop 

Hey there! It's been a long time since I posted here and I've been lurking in this art forum looking at lots of very nice drawings.
Therefore, I decided to make my own topic with some art I've been making. I'll be posting my most recent sketches here.

BTW! I'll be taking requests, so anything you want I'll be glad to draw it!

SKETCHES: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Colored Drawings: show
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Some Sprites and Pixel Art: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PENDING REQUESTS

Dat Missingno's Dugtrio's Cave
Prof Cubbly Bear's Bear (lol)
Wodah's Character

Last edited by MedinasWorks on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:12 pm
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Pochi
loved your emerl and your simisage. And all your colored and non-colored art is pretty neat, only that in some of them the anatomy is a bit messed up.

lol humping the air

TwitterAsk
Kittenpuncher wrote:
imagine having sex with a clown though
instead of a dick he just has one of those flowers that shoots water out

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Dat Pics...
Keep up the good work!
(May you could draw Cd-i Link vs Cd-i Ganon?)

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 pm
Site Moderator

They're definitely not bad. And I must say, your creature and abnormal faces are the most lively. The normal human-looking ones seem almost bored. The attention to detail on Tony Stark and Shrek give a glimpse of your potential and if you try to do more with comic book characters, you may very well be able to begin learning the composition of a page and perhaps design your very own. I'd also like to see you do some background scenery. So far, your current ones are horrible. Make one that matches your style, those others are an insult to your characters.

As for blatant errors, your shading is mostly off due to misunderstanding of its mechanics. The light is always coming from several directions and shadows clash in many of your drawings. I'm also not a fan of your coloring. The individuality of your style is ruined by it.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Blue wrote:
They're definitely not bad. And I must say, your creature and abnormal faces are the most lively. The normal human-looking ones seem almost bored. The attention to detail on Tony Stark and Shrek give a glimpse of your potential and if you try to do more with comic book characters, you may very well be able to begin learning the composition of a page and perhaps design your very own. I'd also like to see you do some background scenery. So far, your current ones are horrible. Make one that matches your style, those others are an insult to your characters.

As for blatant errors, your shading is mostly off due to misunderstanding of its mechanics. The light is always coming from several directions and shadows clash in many of your drawings. I'm also not a fan of your coloring. The individuality of your style is ruined by it.

Wow! That's something I've always been afraid of saying myself! But you're absolutely right. I've been drawing for several years and I'm now just trying to find my own style, but not only that, also trying to learn more of the mechanic of the shadows, it's been always my lowest point there. About backgrounds, yes, I agree, maybe it's only because of lazyness, but sure thing I'll be making some backgrounds for them. I totally, totally agree with the color stuff. I'm just not good at it and I really want to learn about it. It'll happen in time, I guess. Thank you Blue for your criticism, it's very constructive and I'll put those advices in practice. Hope you check the topic regularly to see what I can improve.

@Dat Missingno: I'll see what I can do.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:04 pm
Site Moderator

It's nice to see someone who isn't blind to their flaws and even understands what I'm saying. I'll be watching for new posts and assessing your growth. Hopefully, we may see improvements sooner rather than later.

Jin wrote:

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:08 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
heyyyy marvel how've you been

your art's improved a lot since last i saw, i dig those sketches

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
if ur taking requests then please draw the hunk in my avi

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Currently Playing: 3ds
they look great, and dat mario art

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 am
the arms and legs don't really look connected
But great work on most of them!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 am

MGN Username: Wodahs1951
Currently Playing: Myself
*Looks at emerl* you good sir, have brought back meh childhood.

Check out my sprites Image
https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43658

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Blue wrote:
It's nice to see someone who isn't blind to their flaws and even understands what I'm saying. I'll be watching for new posts and assessing your growth. Hopefully, we may see improvements sooner rather than later.

Thank you :) . I'll be glad to read your comments. Hope you see an improvement soon.

luke wrote:
heyyyy marvel how've you been
your art's improved a lot since last i saw, i dig those sketches

Yo Luke! Nice, dude. And thanks!

ReXos wrote:

I'll need more info...I don't know who he is lol.

~Awesome~ wrote:
they look great, and dat mario art

Thanks!

Clubby the bear wrote:
the arms and legs don't really look connected
But great work on most of them!

Thanks...that's pretty old tough. Maybe sometime I'll fix that.

wodahs wrote:
*Looks at emerl* you good sir, have brought back meh childhood.

Hehe, I'm glad you did. Pretty amazing character IMO.

Anyway...for today's update! A weird request, but...it was fun to do it!
CD-i Link and CD-i Ganon. Hope they're the characters that were requested, had to do some search to get them!

Dat Missingno wrote:
(May you could draw Cd-i Link vs Cd-i Ganon?)

Hope you like it. :)

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
MedinasWorks wrote:
ReXos wrote:

I'll need more info...I don't know who he is lol.

google search takarajima
the man is long john silver

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 pm
Site Moderator

Ganon looks fantastic. Hell, even Link's expression is funny. I like how they're warped versions of their CD-I selves. Oh, almost like a Grimm's Fairytales version.

As for the scenery, you know how to draw a tree trunk, but even the background ones don't have visible undersides. Also, the clearing behind the tree next to Link is empty. It should have something to fill the blank white space. Perhaps grass, or a more dense forested area would suffice. This could be a good opportunity to practice depth, since I haven't seen too much of it from you, yet.

Almost forgot to mention the shading. It's much better in this picture. Since you're doing it in pencil, it's important to separate the shade from the coloring. The shadows under Ganon's hand are clearly meant to be shadows, as well as on Link's hair. You're getting much better at noticing what needs to go where.

I'm very much liking what I'm seeing. If you'd like to draw me a Blue Mage, I'd gladly accept. Your style is so intriguing.

Jin wrote:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Blue wrote:
Ganon looks fantastic. Hell, even Link's expression is funny. I like how they're warped versions of their CD-I selves. Oh, almost like a Grimm's Fairytales version.

As for the scenery, you know how to draw a tree trunk, but even the background ones don't have visible undersides. Also, the clearing behind the tree next to Link is empty. It should have something to fill the blank white space. Perhaps grass, or a more dense forested area would suffice. This could be a good opportunity to practice depth, since I haven't seen too much of it from you, yet.

Almost forgot to mention the shading. It's much better in this picture. Since you're doing it in pencil, it's important to separate the shade from the coloring. The shadows under Ganon's hand are clearly meant to be shadows, as well as on Link's hair. You're getting much better at noticing what needs to go where.

I'm very much liking what I'm seeing. If you'd like to draw me a Blue Mage, I'd gladly accept. Your style is so intriguing.

Wow, thanks for your kind words, Blue. Highly appreciated. And yes! I'll be very glad to do a Blue Mage for you. It's one of the main reasons I decided to open a topic, I want to explore my limits, know more characters and practice, practice, practice.

As for today's update...

It was kinda hard actually! This character took longer than I expected. Had to do a lot of search for this. Very interesting character indeed. I'm actually not satisfied with the background. Could've been better...but what can it be in the ocean but...water? All I could tought was islands and cliffs...took the later choice. Anyway, hope the next one turns out better.

ReXos wrote:
google search takarajima. the man is long john silver

There you go. :)

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:35 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next