The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
I have. I know how Ichigo plays. I play one rarely myself. It's able to be stopped if you know what you're doing.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
AfroWarrior wrote:
I have. I know how Ichigo plays. I play one rarely myself. It's able to be stopped if you know what you're doing.

You have to space your attacks well and play it safe. You also have to know the range on all his attacks, mainly his side-spec, dash attack, and D-tilt. You can't rushdown Ichigo with no plan and expect to win.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sorabotics wrote:
AfroWarrior wrote:

You have to space your attacks well and play it safe. You also have to know the range on all his attacks, mainly his side-spec, dash attack, and D-tilt. You can't rushdown Ichigo with no plan and expect to win.

Ichigo's weaknesses get protected by online's lag. I'm sure that playing him offline wouldn't be bad. I would consider offline play > online play for records and stuff anyways.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
I'm not saying that it's not a problem or anything. Yeah it can be spammed and yes it's difficult to counter in lag. Yes I believe it needs to be nerfed. But it's not like some unstoppable force that it's made out to be. At least it needs to have higher endlag, and at most it needs some form of cooldown or have less priority to make it more easily punished.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
It's hard to say what should be nerfed when it comes to online play, cuz allot of setups literally don't work offline, so in a way competitively speaking some nerfs would be unnecessary, I don't believe ichigo should get nerfed, even though his intangibility is exploited with all the lag online. ...nor do I believe there is a way in a typical online match to effectively counter a ichigo... besides pray you beat the other player to the hit.

GM

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:22 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Zelda+Lag > Strawberry Reaper.

I would say Ichigo is still top-tier offline as well. He's pretty much v0.8a Ichigo. Although, in-exchange for outrageously fast air-normals, he's got a very strong and safe ground game with slightly better recovery options. And Gazan landing glitch from before is now a consistent tech.

Definite nerfs are:
- The wind hitbox on ground Up-Special. It pulls opponents off platforms; he can't be approached from the air it levitates opponents. Pretty safe in every regard. The only reliable way to punish is with a decent priority projectile. This moves doesn't need to be able to hit standing opponents or short characters easily. Just make the moves hit trap better.
- Remove the teleport slide on Down-tilts 'cause the range is ridiculous for how fast the move is and how large his zanpakutō already is.
- The teleport hit-box on Side-Special should be removed. Only the reappearing slash should hit. That will keep the move fast, but Ichigo has to distance himself or he'll miss and can be punished. But if he gets the hit, he can get follow-up.
- And shorten Dash-Attack's travel length; it's pretty much just another variate of Side-Special with push-back.

Everything else about him feels pretty okay. He's not broken as a whole; it's just a few moves that make him overbearing.

And though Flash-Step is a stable move in Bleach, it was implementation was taken overboard into Ichigo this demo. And the teleport sound-effect is overly loud and obnoxious.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:45 pm

That stupid SideB of Ichigo's is literally equivalent to Sonic's old Light Dash. So if Sonic can't have his Light Dash, why can Ichigo have this nonsense?

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Conclusion of several online matches: Any idiot can win with Ichigo while every good player has to try that much harder to make it a match. Oh, and if you do happen to face a pro-ichigo, just quit the game while you are ahead.

MGID:slaypes
Clan: Fort Albert

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
A simple reduction in the damage and hit-stun would resolve the online rage(not saying remove). Just don't reduce the re-appearance damage and hit-stun.
Raise the re-app. damage and stun in regards to the Dash nerf.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:33 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
FlameUser64 wrote:
That stupid SideB of Ichigo's is literally equivalent to Sonic's old Light Dash. So if Sonic can't have his Light Dash, why can Ichigo have this nonsense?

Lolno.
You just need to get better.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 pm

It really is, though. Not saying it's an instant win button, but then, with the new physics Sonic's old Light Dash wouldn't be an instant win button either. SideB > DTilt spam seems to be really frickin' effective with Ichigo though.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:47 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Light Dash was as close to broken as a move can get: basically unpunishable even if whiffed completely, low startup and endlag, and that **** LD -> nair shenanigans that could basically stall a match forever. Ichigo's Sspec is a good move, but certainly punishable. Offline makes it easier: if they whiff, just go to them and use a move: it has enough endlag to be punishable if you are quick-thinking.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Light Dash was as close to broken as a move can get: basically unpunishable even if whiffed completely, low startup and endlag, and that **** LD -> nair shenanigans that could basically stall a match forever. Ichigo's Sspec is a good move, but certainly punishable. Offline makes it easier: if they whiff, just go to them and use a move: it has enough endlag to be punishable if you are quick-thinking.

It needs either more endlag or the traveling hitbox needs to be removed completely.

I also agree with the person above who said this but it shouldn't be invisible when traveling. His teleporting stuff makes even me confused.

Like can I hit him while he's jumping? Or down tilting? He's not hard, he's just annoying.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 pm
YIM

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
well the whole invisibility/tangibility thing is not awful imo, I mean simply learning the meta can get people over it ...well offline atleast.
However,
Zalozis wrote:

Definite nerfs are:
- The wind hitbox on ground Up-Special. It pulls opponents off platforms; he can't be approached from the air it levitates opponents. Pretty safe in every regard. The only reliable way to punish is with a decent priority projectile. This moves doesn't need to be able to hit standing opponents or short characters easily. Just make the moves hit trap better.

- The teleport hit-box on Side-Special should be removed. Only the reappearing slash should hit. That will keep the move fast, but .

These I do see as necessary ...UpB is almost unpunishable or atleast way too f*** safe for it's nature, and side B having that hitbox is unnecessary

GM

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:06 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Zalozis wrote:
Zelda+Lag > Strawberry Reaper.

I would say Ichigo is still top-tier offline as well. He's pretty much v0.8a Ichigo. Although, in-exchange for outrageously fast air-normals, he's got a very strong and safe ground game with slightly better recovery options. And Gazan landing glitch from before is now a consistent tech.

Definite nerfs are:
- Remove the teleport slide on Down-tilts 'cause the range is ridiculous for how fast the move is and how large his zanpakutō already is.
- The teleport hit-box on Side-Special should be removed. Only the reappearing slash should hit. That will keep the move fast, but Ichigo has to distance himself or he'll miss and can be punished. But if he gets the hit, he can get follow-up.
- And shorten Dash-Attack's travel length; it's pretty much just another variate of Side-Special with push-back.

Everything else about him feels pretty okay. He's not broken as a whole; it's just a few moves that make him overbearing.

And though Flash-Step is a stable move in Bleach, it was implementation was taken overboard into Ichigo this demo. And the teleport sound-effect is overly loud and obnoxious.

I can agree on this, this is basically everything I was thinking in a nutshell.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 pm
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next