The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 am

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Ask for help about software/hardware issues 

Currently Playing: LOL
Bow&Strings wrote:
Those didn't work, I'm reformatting, and installing Vista again, my comp HATES XP, even though I have all of the drivers so... :lock: please, my comp freazes when trying to lock...for some reason.

I suggest you to keep XP, or to instal some older version of windows.... Vista is a real pain in the a**, and it's pretty useless.

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Also posted on the first post

Some users post in here requesting for other people to solver their computer problems...
usually, people do not have solutions for those problems, but you are free to post about them here...

Have in mind that most of recomendations will be to download a program, or to re-format your computer, in case it's almos dead.

Also, remember that you are not likely to recieve any good feedback here, at all.
We're just a bounch of people who have interest in coding, but we are not pro's.
It's always advisabel to go with a technician instand.

Image chóu

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:29 pm
Legendary Ghost

Nac wrote:

Some users post in here requesting for other people to solver their computer problems...
usually, people do not have solutions for those problems, but you are free to post about them here...

Have in mind that most of recomendations will be to download a program, or to re-format your computer, in case it's almos dead.

Also, remember that you are not likely to recieve any good feedback here, at all.
We're just a bounch of people who have interest in coding, but we are not pro's.

Actually I work tech support for my campus, so I should be able to help with most problems.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Deep Thought 42 wrote:
Nac wrote:

We're just a bounch of people who have interest in coding, but we are not pro's. except for DT, he is a genious pro.

Actually I work tech support for my campus, so I should be able to help with most problems.

Would you prefear it that way? :sweat:

Image chóu

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Not exactly an issue.
But. I wish to transfer a large file to my other computer. I don't have a USB big enough and I heard it was possible with Network connection or something like that. So how do I do it?

Children - Geno

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:37 am
Site Admin

CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
Not exactly an issue.
But. I wish to transfer a large file to my other computer. I don't have a USB big enough and I heard it was possible with Network connection or something like that. So how do I do it?

How big is the file ?

There are sites like Box.net, mediafire, and megaupload that will save your folders for download

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:41 am

Currently Playing: The Game
CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
Not exactly an issue.

From computer to computer?

Easy.

1. Make sure both of your computers are connected to the same Local Area Network. They can even be connected to each other, if so this may be a little complicated and I will cover this in another step.
    2. Assuming that your computers are connected to the same Local Area Network which also connects the computer to the internet, open the Network Setup Wizard from Network Connections.
    3. Follow the instructions. When it asks for the name of the Workgroup make sure they are EXACTLY the same.
    4. It should prompt you to restart, do so.
    5. Now once its done, go to My Network Places. If you don't see the Shared Documents folder of the computer you want to transfer your files, click View Workgroup Computers. The name of the computer that you want to send files to should appear. Double click and you should be able to know where to go from there.

Now if you directly connect two computers together and both are not connected to the internet, this will be a bit tricky. Follow all the steps except for 5 (since you may not see the folders so yeah). For both your computers, go to the Properties of your Local Area Connection. In the General tab, double click on Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) to adjust its properties. Now instead of Obtain an IP Address automatically, check the bubble that says, Use the following IP Address. Fill in a easily remembered IP address, I use 192.0.0.1, the Subnet Mask you be filled in automatically. For the Default Gateway fill in another IP adress, I use 192.0.0.2. Repeat these steps with the second computer except switch the IP address and Default Gateway so for example, the second machine I use would have a IP of 192.0.0.2 and a default gateway of 192.0.0.1. You should be able to proceed to step 5 afterwards.

I hope this was helpful. If you want, I'll include some pictures for you too.

NOTE: Be sure you space when you transfer files okay? I once lost the full install of C&C3 because I moved it in to my C drive which did not have enough space.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:48 am

Thaiberium wrote:
CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
Not exactly an issue.

From computer to computer?

Easy.

1. Make sure both of your computers are connected to the same Local Area Network. They can even be connected to each other, if so this may be a little complicated and I will cover this in another step.
    2. Assuming that your computers are connected to the same Local Area Network which also connects the computer to the internet, open the Network Setup Wizard from Network Connections.
    3. Follow the instructions. When it asks for the name of the Workgroup make sure they are EXACTLY the same.
    4. It should prompt you to restart, do so.
    5. Now once its done, go to My Network Places. If you don't see the Shared Documents folder of the computer you want to transfer your files, click View Workgroup Computers. The name of the computer that you want to send files to should appear. Double click and you should be able to know where to go from there.

Now if you directly connect two computers together and both are not connected to the internet, this will be a bit tricky. Follow all the steps except for 5 (since you may not see the folders so yeah). For both your computers, go to the Properties of your Local Area Connection. In the General tab, double click on Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) to adjust its properties. Now instead of Obtain an IP Address automatically, check the bubble that says, Use the following IP Address. Fill in a easily remembered IP address, I use 192.0.0.1, the Subnet Mask you be filled in automatically. For the Default Gateway fill in another IP adress, I use 192.0.0.2. Repeat these steps with the second computer except switch the IP address and Default Gateway so for example, the second machine I use would have a IP of 192.0.0.2 and a default gateway of 192.0.0.1. You should be able to proceed to step 5 afterwards.

I hope this was helpful. If you want, I'll include some pictures for you too.

NOTE: Be sure you space when you transfer files okay? I once lost the full install of C&C3 because I moved it in to my C drive which did not have enough space.

Ahh thanks. Very helpful! I can't thank you enough.

Children - Geno

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Whenever i try to watch vids on my computer it doesn't work and has a symbol in the top left corner of the screen. i thought it was javascript but it is enabled. HELP!

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Kingdomhearts358/2 wrote:
Whenever i try to watch vids on my computer it doesn't work and has a symbol in the top left corner of the screen. i thought it was javascript but it is enabled. HELP!

More info.
Eg: online or offline.

Children - Geno

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:28 pm

CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
Kingdomhearts358/2 wrote:

More info.
Eg: online or offline.

and for some reason it works on youtube??? i think...

EDIT: It does work on youtube

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Its a Java error? If so, go to the Java homepage to get the latest version.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:56 am

Currently Playing: Sitting down and playing video games is for chumps.
I have an issue with RPG Maker XP.
I tried to start it up, and:
"Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles server."

I actually did some research, and all of the fixes were for when Vista has the problem.
But I run Windows 7!!!
I've tried everything except "Run as administarator" because of my dad...

Any tips?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 pm

ferailo9 wrote:
I have an issue with RPG Maker XP.
I tried to start it up, and:
"Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles server."

I actually did some research, and all of the fixes were for when Vista has the problem.
But I run Windows 7!!!
I've tried everything except "Run as administarator" because of my dad...

Any tips?

Run on that XP mode thing that 7 has?

Children - Geno

Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:23 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Ok, reviving the thread for a bit.

I'm writing a program in vb.net console edition (2008 if it matters), and I need it so that words that don't fit on a line automatically go onto the next one. How do I do that?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3