The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:15 am

[ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
SSF2 Suggestions 

In Brawl and 3DS/Wii U, the smaller or "cutesy" characters got a different sound effect when charging up a smash attack. Would you be able to replace the current sound attack with that one for the following characters: Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Bandana Dee, Ness, Bomberman, Chibi-Robo, and Tails?

This is what it sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE0_aI3TRKY (At 6:16)

Last edited by koj1123 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:17 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
tbh that sounds easy to implement and a cool feature

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I just thought of something. Online inherently has mandatory input delay even with perfect connections, right? Maybe we should add a training option to account for that, given that most of our tournaments are online.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:23 am

Harr Turnpike wrote:
I just thought of something. Online inherently has mandatory input delay even with perfect connections, right? Maybe we should add a training option to account for that, given that most of our tournaments are online.

You deserve a prize.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
You know, I think I'm not the only one that is... confused about why the devs chose the Master Balll to function like it does in Beta (trapping an opponent inside the ball) instead of any other ball.
For starters... it's impossible to escape from the Master Ball, it has a 255 catch rate so it never lets the Pokémon escape when it's thrown... which is confusing because in Beta is used to trap opponents (who have the oportunity to escape) instead of summoning Legendaries (and Goldeen/Zoroark) like it does in Smash 4 (and most players save it to use it on Legendary PKMN anyways).
My solution is: reskin the item to use another Ball. In my opinion the best replacement would be the Ultra Ball: has a high catch rate and is usually hard for the Pokémon to escape from.
And given we don't want to waste sprites, use the sprite for the Master Ball for another item, pretty much make it work like it does in Smas Wii U/3DS.
Honestly, I don't think this would be too hard to code, just replacing the Master Ball sprite with the Ultra Ball and making a copy of the Pokéball item except it only uses Legendaries (and ubers like Magikarp or Wobbuffet).

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:38 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Trust me we debated it for like 3 months lol. We understand that there will be people that may not like it but overall the reception on our master ball was positive so I don't think we'll reskin.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Last edited by Steven on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:55 am

There's only one thing I want visually:

If you are in the magnifying glass there's some indication as to how far deep you are in.

Measured in percentage from the blast line to where the beginning of the edge of the screen counts that there is some indicator how close you are to the blast line.

Why? You try grabbing someone in the magnifying glass in bomb factory or any stage with walk off ledges.

Something to see when you are literally pixels away from the blast line.

I was thinking it could be the grey area in the bubble going from white to black black meaning closer to the blast line. That way you can still tell which player it is by the outline on the bubble.

Anything I do is because of boredom.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Steven wrote:
Trust me we debated it for like 3 months lol. We understand that there will be people that may not like it but overall the reception on our master ball was positive so I don't think we'll reskin.

I'm pretty sure the feedback went more on the way the item works (which is genius) rather than the actual ball.
Though, if there's one thing I've learned on my 5 years in this forum is that no matter how much I suggest something it's never gonna be taken so I better shut up I guess.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Kirb-Star wrote:
Though, if there's one thing I've learned on my 5 years in this forum is that no matter how much I suggest something it's never gonna be taken so I better shut up I guess.

-looks at the Alt. Costumes you made and have since been accepted-
:chibirobo:

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Welp, I haven't received any confirmation that they've accepted.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:49 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Kirb-Star wrote:
Steven wrote:

I'm pretty sure the feedback went more on the way the item works (which is genius) rather than the actual ball.

When it comes to suggestions we're usually only willing to look into change if it's feedback/suggestions on a large scale. It's really difficult to make such big decisions due to only 1 suggestions (people suggest so uch stuff it's literally impossible to keep track). Especially if it concerns content already confirmed, because it's quite a bother to re-introduce things, even more so when we feel it's not super neccesary.

This means that you should keep expressing your opinion but should also not expect dire changes to happen with just one suggestion. Like what if people constantly gave different moveset suggestions for a character and each time we'd be like "yeah okay'.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:12 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Some people have suggested an option to set the C-stick to perform tilts.

How about C-stick + Dash button universally, without having to toggle anything?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
even better, do what the official games do and let you set c stick to whatever

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:52 pm

We need a (legal) option so we can upload songs to the game.
I really want to hear Palmtree Panic (JP/EU) in Green Hill Zone without replacing anything :chibirobo:

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:24 pm

MGN Username: EaglePie
Currently Playing: Melee/PM, SSF2, FEH
Waifu: ...idc
My thoughts on improvements
I think that you should do a Ness, Yoshi and Kirby resprite. (also so much more)
REASONS:
Ness's sprite is amazingly well done, and same for Fox. But Fox's was better and if you compare Ness to Pit or something you'll see a major difference. The face is weird and the idle is really smooth but he is too... featureless. He has almost no detail even though he's a simple character.
Yoshi's sprite is wayyy too obvious to pick out: it's basically the Yoshi's Island sprite. It pretty much is. The idle, crouch, jump, double jump, ground pound, and egg toss/egg lay sprites are all from the game. The rest are sort of original but it's still noticeable. I feel like it doesn't look... well... it looks... not "Smash-y". It doesn't look like Smash, it looks wrong. A resprite would make him look amazing, like Peach did
Kirby, same with Yoshi. It's obvious the sprites came from the GBA and DS Kirby games. Yet again, it doesn't look "Smash-y". It looks sloppy (no offense you guys work really hard on this game) and the sprites are all copied, GET IT. Hammer, Final Cutter, stone, inhale, and pretty much all of his moves, but I see that there was some reworking in some of the moves like neutral air. Side smash is also obvious: one of the Fighter copy ability's moves (forgot which one), which is literally practically the same. Also the character's costumes for the characters are... unsettling to say the least. It's just too stale at this point and same with the Yoshi and they are overused and a new sprite would freshen things up.
Marth needs a new front facing sprite
in fact all of them do
And the firefox is weird. It stays still. Maybe more like Melee, or even Smash 4 at this point, it just feels wrong. There could be more than 8 angles so that there are good mixups and better offstage survivability. I don't know if this IS possible, but if you can, that would be sweet (the firefox beginning, I think the angles are doable)
You have all the time you need, you could maybe add new sprites so that it looks cleaner and some sprites won't have to be overused as much (I'm looking at you Lloyd's up air/up-tilt/jab/up-throw). Animations shouldn't be carelessly recycled as much, though I understand the reason for doing so. Also hurt animations should be done instead of the spin animation being done a lot.
The aerial combo game is insane. The spin is overused and makes it frustrating and yet the aerial drift is so hard to control and do combos/escape combos. It's insane.
Spend all the time you need on what you think you should do, because after Beta you should work on making this game practically a pixelated Smash game. Don't release a release date or else you might not get to it and kids people will butthurt and angry. I know you work hard on this everyday, I understand, keep being awesome devs for this community! You really do listen to us! (but probably not my long piece of crap)
inb4 it gets rekt and utterly criticized by others rip my 2 hours working on this

Bedoop wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:

-looks at the Alt. Costumes you made and have since been accepted-
:chibirobo:

Bedoop why did you change the "Final Fanta Sea?" thing? It was so funny and awesome :(
Also Kirb-Star I see you everywhere, same with Bedoop
But really Kirb-Star you're pretty cool. Your sprites are probably wayy better than mine, nope definitely

Brawl: Sheik, Meta Knight
Project M: Falco, Roy, Mewtwo
Smash Flash 2: Falco, Captain Falcon, Marth, Fox, Pichu
Smash 4: Roy, Dr. Mario
Ultimate: Lucina

Currently working on my own Smash Java project as a hobby

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:11 pm
 [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next