The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

[ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 54  Next
Sonic 

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
One thing to help ppl out. I'd like to see dash to air dspecial have it's air momentum decreased. I don't like seeing people on one side of the map, dash to air dspecial, and overshoot so far that they throw themselves off the stage. I wouldn't say a huge drop in momentum. just a little would seem fair.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
^I can agree with that. I dunno why its momentum spikes so high all of a sudden now.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:10 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
RemPrower wrote:
One thing to help ppl out. I'd like to see dash to air dspecial have it's air momentum decreased. I don't like seeing people on one side of the map, dash to air dspecial, and overshoot so far that they throw themselves off the stage. I wouldn't say a huge drop in momentum. just a little would seem fair.

It's Melee physics with Brawl's running speeds. In this case, Sonic actually does this here and PM too; thing is, the stages are small enough to launch yourself to Yoshi's Island and back. So yeah, I totally support a momentum loss from ground-to-air.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:42 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
The only other solution to it would be to allow sonic to cancel his air dspecial, but if you do such a thing, you'd need to nerf its meteor power to compensate for its new utility

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:58 am

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
I think I've changed my stance on Sonic's recovery. Homing Attack is the best it's ever been and is a great asset to recovering with Sonic. In conjunction with Light Speed Dash or Spring Jump, Sonic tends to get back on stage more than most of the cast does. I still would like a small buff to Spring Jump's or LSD's distance, but Sonic is fine in terms of that.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Currently Playing: Project M
Sonics Fair needs to be changed, it aint good for combos or damage, it should be replaced by the axe kick. His recovery needs more distance and momentum so it can be eaiser to grab on ledges or get back to the battlefield. I dont like how his down smash is, its really slow and sometimes it stays in place, it should be changed as well. Sonics side special should have a bit more distance and no helpless state. DAir needs a spike,more falling speed and no start up lag. He also needs a higher jump with less falling speed, i feel like im playing ganondorf in brawl. And i dont really like what the SSF2 did to his FS in 0.9. Plus, he needs some voice clips from any game hes in, i dont want a voiceless weak character what i need is a actual character. He needs a buff as well. I main him in SSF2 but i dont like what the SSF2 team did to his strentgh and stuff.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:54 pm
BR Member

So basically, break Sonic the Hedgehog.

How about you give some reasoning behind your changes.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Break sonic the hedgehog? Why would anybody do that (9xsonic7 would -_-)? He needs a more feel to his moveset. And i do want that spin dash, BAir and Usmash nerfed, theyre OP as crap.
First of all, i already gave a reason why his FAir should be replaced. Now the recovery needs a buff, not a huge nerf. Its the distance of a jump and half, so it should better. Down smash was nerfed by speed, range and lag, but buffed by knuckback. Another reason why that should be replaced as well. His Side Special, was already given the reason. What i meant by DAir with no start up lag is how you wait a second for sonic to do DAir. In SSB4, it has a spike and more falling speed, in PM, it starts quick so what im saying is mix those up for his DAir. I take back bout the jumps. FS is like weaker now and isnt really good as it was before. Yes, the voice clip complaint was by 9xsonic7 but i agree with him on that but mixing up voice clips would be dumb. I also feel that sonic needs a buff. Another thing, about the sprites, it doesnt fit the SSF2 style. He looks like hes bigger than anyone and he has the Sonic advance style which is overused. Same with tails.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
I agree with the bair nerf to an extent, (huge hitbox) but everything else is just a dumb idea or unnecessary.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:56 pm
BR Member

ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Break sonic the hedgehog? Why would anybody do that (9xsonic7 would -_-)? If you are sharing an account with another person, I suggest you stop right now
He needs a more feel to his moveset. Please tell me what you mean by that
And i do want that spin dash, BAir and Usmash nerfed, theyre OP as crap. What about these moves makes them OP?
First of all, i already gave a reason why his FAir should be replaced. Fair is by no means a bad move, what withs its priority and pressure potential. His PM fair is simply not a good idea, he already has one really good meteor as it is, along with spring, and he really doesnt need anymore gimping tools.
Now the recovery needs a buff, not a huge nerf. Its the distance of a jump and half, so it should better. Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
Down smash was nerfed by speed, range and lag, but buffed by knuckback. Another reason why that should be replaced as well. Why are the changes to the move bad? When I use Sonic this move proves useful for a sort of evade and kill, I think its fine as it is as long as you have your spacing right.
His Side Special, was already given the reason. You did not give a reason for this, you just said what you wanted changed about it. WHY does this move, which is already really good at sweetspotting with it's multiple angles, and is a very strong kill move, be buffed?
What i meant by DAir with no start up lag is how you wait a second for sonic to do DAir. In SSB4, it has a spike and more falling speed, in PM, it starts quick so what im saying is mix those up for his DAir.He already has a falling meteor in his aerial Down B, and applying the changes you suggested would both make Dair too abusable as a gimping/combo tool ON TOP OF making both Down B and itself redundant
FS is like weaker now and isnt really good as it was before. The Final Smash is still really strong, competitive balance not withstanding, a Final Smash thats basically an auto win really is no fun for the other side
I also feel that sonic needs a buff. A buff to what exactly?
Another thing, about the sprites, it doesnt fit the SSF2 style. He looks like hes bigger than anyone and he has the Sonic advance style which is overused. Same with tails. This is a pretty common complaint actually, and I do kinda agree that the two characters should probably have redrawn sprites

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:00 pm
SSF2 Developer

Have you tried to use Neutral-B as Recovery? If you charge it, it can go quite some distance.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 pm

WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Break sonic the hedgehog? Why would anybody do that (9xsonic7 would -_-)? If you are sharing an account with another person, I suggest you stop right nowIm not sharing accounts with that spoiled brat.
He needs a more feel to his moveset. Please tell me what you mean by thatMuch better moveset. Please understand.
And i do want that spin dash, BAir and Usmash nerfed, theyre OP as crap. What about these moves makes them OP?That spin dash is a di** to people, it has way too much knockback, able to spam and easy to use.
First of all, i already gave a reason why his FAir should be replaced. Fair is by no means a bad move, what withs its priority and pressure potential. His PM fair is simply not a good idea, he already has one really good meteor as it is, along with spring, and he really doesnt need anymore gimping tools.:roll:
Now the recovery needs a buff, not a huge nerf. Its the distance of a jump and half, so it should better. Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf? Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it and i feel that the recovery isnt high enough and it has that stupid hitbox glitch
Down smash was nerfed by speed, range and lag, but buffed by knuckback. Another reason why that should be replaced as well. Why are the changes to the move bad? When I use Sonic this move proves useful for a sort of evade and kill, I think its fine as it is as long as you have your spacing right. Only for kill is good.
His Side Special, was already given the reason. You did not give a reason for this, you just said what you wanted changed about it. WHY does this move, which is already really good at sweetspotting with it's multiple angles, and is a very strong kill move, be buffed?RANGE AND HELPLESS.
What i meant by DAir with no start up lag is how you wait a second for sonic to do DAir. In SSB4, it has a spike and more falling speed, in PM, it starts quick so what im saying is mix those up for his DAir.He already has a falling meteor in his aerial Down B, and applying the changes you suggested would both make Dair too abusable as a gimping/combo tool ON TOP OF making both Down B and itself redundant Its better if that down b air was removed, its annoying as f***
FS is like weaker now and isnt really good as it was before. The Final Smash is still really strong, competitive balance not withstanding, a Final Smash thats basically an auto win really is no fun for the other side
I also feel that sonic needs a buff. A buff to what exactly?His attacks, duh.
Another thing, about the sprites, it doesnt fit the SSF2 style. He looks like hes bigger than anyone and he has the Sonic advance style which is overused. Same with tails. This is a pretty common complaint actually, and I do kinda agree that the two characters should probably have redrawn sprites

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Now the recovery needs a buff, not a huge nerf. Its the distance of a jump and half, so it should better. Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf? Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it and i feel that the recovery isnt high enough and it has that stupid hitbox glitch lol wat

I agree with a momentum change in his up-spec cause as it stands right now it feels a little... off. Like he starts out with a nice amount of momentum, in which ever direction the player makes him go in, and then it... it just stops when he reaches the max height.

IDK, I just what the move to be smoother.

And I think he's talking about d-spec>*jump* D-air combo

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:26 pm

$3Assassin wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Now the recovery needs a buff, not a huge nerf. Its the distance of a jump and half, so it should better. Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf? Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it and i feel that the recovery isnt high enough and it has that stupid hitbox glitch lol wat

I agree with a momentum change in his up-spec cause as it stands right now it feels a little... off. Like he starts out with a nice amount of momentum, in which ever direction the player makes him go in, and then it... it just stops when he reaches the max height.

IDK, I just what the move to be smoother.

And I think he's talking about d-spec>*jump* D-air combo

THANK YOU! And about the combo thing, you cant cancel out of DspecAir, and you can keep spamming with it which is why it should be removed. I tested that on every character and guess what? I win without losing a stock cuz of the move.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:30 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Dspec cancels on the edge and pops up when landing, so it's perfectly viable for combos. What they're probably talking about is grounded down-special to aerial down-special to dair, which sometimes works.

In general, I'm assuming you didn't play against anyone very good or a CPU. CPU's are stupid: don't trust them to model actual players. If I can beat a level 9 CPU with just Falcon Punch, does that make the move viable in neutral?

Please in the future try to make what you say clearer. I don't care if you write like Steinbeck on the fora, but it helps when replying if it's clearer what you actually mean.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:53 am
 [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 54  Next