The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:28 pm

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
July 19th, 2014 News (Upcoming McLeodGaming Direct) 

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Dr.Geno wrote:
Byllant wrote:
With exception of Kotaku, those article are highly inaccurate, one could not even spell McLeoGaming correctly and the spanish one thinks SSF2 is a one-man project (poor devs, Cleod is stealing their credit) or even worse, that SSF2 might actually ended up withdrawn from the web due to copyright.

Who cares? It's still cool to see articles on the internet about the game.

So you don't care people is uninformed? or even worse, that expect your hard work to be eventually removed? yes, it's nice people is aware of SSF2 and dedicate a time to redact an article, but not in such harsh manner. That attitude in Spanish is what we called a "valemadrista". Good thing it was only one article, hope the rest is not so "mindless".

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:37 pm

whine at the people who wrote the f*** thing if you care that much

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:42 pm

The wikia is s*** anyways (most, not all, even though it was intended better), so why are you complaining about something that doesn't matter. If you know it's not true then don't waste your time getting upset over it.

I thought you'd blast them with sand from your staff and then call for your camel and ride into the sunset

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 pm

BluePikmin11R wrote:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/22/5927927/smash-bros-super-smash-flash-mario-zelda-chibi

http://kotaku.com/the-smash-bros-where- ... 1609457769

Looks like you guys are getting the attention you deserve!

(Including me)
http://www.antena3.com/defconplay/notic ... 0035.html#

i saw this and came here to lol

so: lol

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

reggie fils-anime wrote:
whine at the people who wrote the f#%$& thing if you care that much

I was doing that... just not directly to them. I mean, the comment sections sometime require to login and I'm not willing to do that.

Hey Cole, if you think you can do something better, then come at the wiki and edit it. Those articles are out of my jurisdiction, that's why I can't do anything but express my opinion; a wiki article, however, can be edited by anyone, so don't brag about things that are not in my control.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Chill out I'm not trying to offend you or whatever.
s*** that's not what I meant. Wiki articles, not the wiki itself. My bad.

We should get back on topic.

I thought you'd blast them with sand from your staff and then call for your camel and ride into the sunset

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Idk, I think the wiki is a lost cause and that we don't really need one because it hosts bacteria, beta elements and things that we cut from the game intentionally.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:55 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Dr.Geno wrote:
Idk, I think the wiki is a lost cause and that we don't really need one because it hosts bacteria, beta elements and things that we cut from the game intentionally.

I don't know, I personally find beta and cut elements to be an interesting look into the game's history.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Saikyoshi wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:

I don't know, I personally find beta and cut elements to be an interesting look into the game's history.

Agreed, I enjoy looking through some of the stuff from time to time.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:11 pm

We already handled that beta, is already gone, only the one worthy stayed so it is no longer a point there.

BTW, I don't know if my fellow hispanic users in the internet are stupid or just ignorant but I have found the most inaccurate article dedicated to SSF2, I will not post it because it is in Spanish (I doubt who knows Spanish here), but to get the idea: first, the headline reads "Goku and Naruto star in Super Smash Flash 2 Trailer (VIDEO)" that trailer IS the McLeodGaming Direct, defintely Goku and Naruto weren't the focus in the direct as you all know, they do appear but they don't take the spotlight of the trailer (the author seemingly corrects himself saying you can play as Goku and Naruto); second, it states Super Smash Flash 2 is "back" after 8 years (kinda sounds the game has been on hiatus for 8 years), and while this statement is wrong, it is true SSF2 have been in development for 8 years; the third and worse of all, it claims Shadow and Ryu are a playable characters (well, Shadow is actually implied).

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2
Byllant wrote:
We already handled that beta, is already gone, only the one worthy stayed so it is no longer a point there.

BTW, I don't know if my fellow hispanic users in the internet are stupid or just ignorant but I have found the most inaccurate article dedicated to SSF2, I will not post it because it is in Spanish (I doubt who knows Spanish here), but to get the idea: first, the headline reads "Goku and Naruto star in Super Smash Flash 2 Trailer (VIDEO)" that trailer IS the McLeodGaming Direct, defintely Goku and Naruto weren't the focus in the direct as you all know, they do appear but they don't take the spotlight of the trailer (the author seemingly corrects himself saying you can play as Goku and Naruto); second, it states Super Smash Flash 2 is "back" after 8 years (kinda sounds the game has been on hiatus for 8 years), and while this statement is wrong, it is true SSF2 have been in development for 8 years; the third and worse of all, it claims Shadow and Ryu are a playable characters (well, Shadow is actually implied).

I think he just looked at my roster and tried to claim they were playable. :xd:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 pm

I personally think the wiki should be burned to the ground and built up from scratch. Most of the articles are incomplete, bad, or outdated. The stuff and beta elements are cool and all but a couple sentences an article or a crapload of random pictures in the gallery that have nothing to do with anything shouldn't be acceptable.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Believe me, it is more easy to say it that do it. I always wanted to make the wiki independant, change the Wikia engine to MediaWiki, which I find more efficient, but I just don't know how to do that, in such case, I would need to contact MarioWiki's founder Purplemontage.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am

Currently Playing: Tales of Graces(Wii)/Twinkle Queen(Wii)
Byllant wrote:

Jajaja que jodida de historia. Quizás estaban un pouco endrogados....

On serious note... It such ridicilous thing! Possible to private send site of video?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Mind giving me the links to some of those inaccurate articles, regardless of language? I'm editing the SSF2 Trivia Page on TVTropes (Specifically, adding examples to "Cowboy Bebop At His Computer").

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 am
 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next