The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:15 pm

[ 14 posts ] 
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS: I HAVE NO TITLE FOR THIS (OH SUP DOODS) 

Worked on this s*** for the last four months (A LOT of debate and deliberation went on, plus I had school to tend to, and to add to that mess, I had little time during the week), enjoy or whatever. I don't care too much for RPing anymore as I'm busy with more important things in my life, and I'm part of the f*** Writer's Guild at my school, so I'm writing and studying the masters, which is more fun than writing this crap. Has no f*** title because I don't get paid at all to do this s***, and I don't feel like exerting much effort anymore.
knight, he showed no courage, and he pitied himself. He turned back towards the stone city,
and in horror he watched it spiral into dust.
Ostia, the last of the stronghold cities had fallen, and this was due to the beast that
was man.
The sound of approaching warriors began to ring in his ears. An arrow zipped through his
chest, and Guntas fell to his knees and wept.
Nothing could stop Redher now.

The battle at Ostia was a complete massacre. Though the Coalition of Dulhur brought forth
noble attempts to halt Redher's southern campaign, they were all slaughtered like sheep.
With the southern section of the continent now under the control of Redher, the nation now
held more than half the continent under its control. However, most was razed land,
unsuitable for living whatsoever, it being a barren wasteland due to the war.
The Coalition, now packed into a meager tract of the continent, had little time to prepare
its backup forces, and was ill prepared for another campaign after the loss of most of their
seasoned veterans. One of these minuscule backup forces was being amassed in a small village.
Perhaps these are the soldiers who will save Dulhur...

Important (and some unimportant) characters

"Grutte" Pier Donia
A powerful warrior who is a 7 foot tall brute. He wields a zweihaender 7 feet tall that weighs 14
pounds as a weapon. He is the son of a goddess and is almost invincible, his weak point being his
soft heart. He died at the battle of Ostigar, but his mother, favoring him dearly, revived him
shortly after his death, but he no longer resembles a living human. (pale skin, gaping wounds, and
red eyes. His armor is partial due to damage from the battle, but his helm holding red & yellow
striped and bluish green feathers remains as a symbol of who he is.)
His current location is unknown, but word was sent to the Coalition that he was heading their way.

Herr Redher
The supreme and total leader of Redher who lead the southern campaign himself. He is proven to
be one of the strongest soldiers in Dulhur, surpassing even Donia's level by far. His past is
a complete mystery even to those who know him well, as he did not release any information about
himself to prevent dirty tactics. Even though he is a rather cruel man, he has a soft spot for
honor, and would never fight an unfair battle. Holds an unknown grudge against Donia.

Ignatius Ridley
A scholar from the Coalition sent to a remote village to recruit new soldiers. He holds no
fighting skills and cannot protect himself when faced against enemies. Of course, this makes
him nearly useless to the coalition, and he has been paranoid about the possibility that he
might be a target of an assassination plot.

Athanaric
Bastard despot that was usurped from his role by Redher near the beginning of the southern campaign.
He lost both his feet, is plagued with breathing problems, and lives every day and night on horseback, his
stumps strapped to the horse's underbelly. Despite his losses, he is still a ruthless being and his techniques
of war are quite effective in a duel, due to the superior speed of the horse. Has some odd connection with
both Redher and Donia.

Sabine Gades
The wife of a coalition soldier of high position. She carries a dulled training sword of her husband, which she
can utilize to tap her abilities. As a member of the coalition, she and Ignatius were sent to recruit soldiers,
but unlike Ridley, she does not fear for her life. She has no clue her husband died at Ostia.

Pantheon of high gods
While there are many deities residing in Dulhur, few actually have anything to do with the
state of the world today. Many of the high and low gods have given up their abilities,
angered that the humans no longer worship them as they used to. Those who remained were
immediately classified as high gods, no matter their affiliation.

Yagthurth'Dffrl
The high god symbolizing death. It is a misshapen being that wanders dimensional vortexes
in search of lost souls to add to his collection. His deformed body is a host to all breeds
of parasites, interior and exterior. He wears the collected souls about his body, forming what
seems to be a thin lavender veil. Favors Redher and Donia for their "charitable" gifts of human
souls.

Fiammetta
The high goddess symbolizing both fire and lust. Her body is that of the perfect woman, and the sight
of her by a mortal man can cause an uncontrollable urge for her. She wears a golden, jeweled brassier
and a flirty red skirt. She has the all seeing eye tattooed on her lower back. The mother of
several superhuman warriors, but favors Pier Donia the most.

Kronex
The high god symbolizing time. He is an elder from the birth of Dulhur who ascended into goddom through
his amazing survival through time. Primary documents placed him at 876 years old when he ascended, and he
was in peak physical condition. Possesses the only clock found in the world, and is the only being able
to reference the time, leaving it for priests to converse with him to know the dates of events. He wears
a white robe with time markings that constantly move, synchronized with the clock. Does not favor mortals,
only time.

So, what exactly do the gods have to do with this? They watch over the events that take place, and if necessary,
they intervene. Additionally, players can grow to be in the favor and not of each god, depending on what they do
and how biased the god is towards that action.

Class system

I've been itching to try something different, so I'm allowing the player to construct his
own class from scratch. This includes all abilities, type of weapon able to be wielded
(more on this later), any spells (if the player is a mage type), how the class works, and
all of its weaknesses.

Though, before such even takes place, there are rules for this, because I can't let you
run rampant with a class that makes you a complete god.
The rules are:
- ALL CLASSES MUST HAVE WEAKNESSES
- ABILITIES & SPELLS MUST HAVE A DOWNSIDE OR HAVE COOLDOWN TIME, NOTHING RIDICULOUS LIKE
"OVER 9000 MAJICK BLAST, COSTS NO MP, INSTANT REFRESH RATE" ALLOWED
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CLASS MIXING ALLOWED (i.e. warriors that use majick, mages that
make use of warrior skills), BUT EACH CLASS CAN WIELD A WEAPON THAT IS NOT NATIVE TO THEIR
BASE CLASS

Now, here is the class sheet, with explanations of each section to help you make a clear and
well developed class for your character.

Class name: (can be anything you wish. "JYSTYF"? Go ahead, the only person you're embarassing
is yourself)
Type of class: (Melee, ranged, or majick (majick classes can use ENCHANTED melee weapons that
create MAJICKAL EFFECTS! Basically, you cannot use a broadsword as a melee weapon and act like
a melee fighter. If you want to be a melee fighter, pick melee) By the way, you cannot be two
types)
Native weapon: (This is the weapon your character will mainly use during the RP. The catch? It
is also the ONLY weapon you receive class bonuses with. So if you want that "unaffected by poison"
skill, you need to have a complete class set, which includes the weapon and armor. Fists count as
a weapon, for all those who wish to create a martial arts class)
Type of armor: (The type of armor worn. Can be anything from Rune engraved plate steel to a simple
leather vest. Note that this goes hand in hand with character appearance. clothing = armor)
Majick/skills: (Depending on if you are majick or melee/range. Majick use spells only, melee/ranged
uses skills only. Please, don't be a majick with "unaffected by poison" as a standby skill, make it
a spell. Skills and spells are of limited use during battle, and can be used maybe once or twice
(I'll make note of when you should stop using it for the time being). Outside of battle, buff yourself
as much as you want, skills and spells like "unaffected by poison" may come in handy during decisive
events.
Weaknesses: (This is the most important part. I cannot stress this enough, but YOU CANNOT HAVE A GODMOD
CLASS! Maybe if you are a tank-style class, you have brief amounts of cooldown time between attacks, or
if you are a ranged class you may be weak against other types of projectiles. The weaknesses should fit
your class' details and style)
Class description: (Describe the class, how it works, what style it is, etc. It's all creativity)

I won't go into much detail about the battle system, as I'll basically be using the same Double Dice system
from "What are we to fight for?". If you need info about it, check here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16254

Example for the class sheet, I'm going to use Sabine (who is one of those half NPC-half player characters up there)

Class name: Host
Type of class: Majick
Native weapon: A special sword, but wielded in a reverse fashion, so that the hilt is not only held, but is also
used as a conductor for the aura of the Host
Type of armor: A gown usually associated with mages, but Sabine's is white with gold trim
Spells: None, the Host projects his/her aura into a condensed form through the hilt, creating a burst that strikes
the target's body harshly
Weaknesses:
- Fatigue: controlling a condensed aura is a rigorous experience upon the body, and depending on the build
of the person, fatigue may come faster than it does for other warriors
- Aura Cooldown: Once the Aura hits, it takes time to recollect in the Host's body. If part of the Aura fails to
regroup, fatigue comes at a quicker rate.
Class description: The Host is a class that cannot be chosen, but it grows inside the body over time and activates
through random events. It makes use of the Host's Aura, which is tapped through the hilt of a special, dulled sword
that can project the user's aura to their will to a certain extent. The ability grows in those of weak nature as a
dominant trait, though many do not realize it is apart of them.

There, that's just about it. There was going to be extra lore, but I wasn't in the mood during the last three months to
even write it, so yeah.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:18 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Post it in the RP Bio section right?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:28 am
BR Member

Sure I'll play this. I want to be class "JYSTYF".

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:49 am

Hmm, well, other than rolling for attack and defence, this doesn't seem to stat based, i'll think about it.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 am

We pick characters and then make a class for them, or something?
STOP BEING SO VAGUE

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 pm

|~DVDV~| wrote:

If you want
:'( wrote:
STOP BEING SO VAGUE

How is that vague? You make the class sheet along with the character sheet

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Mr. Karate wrote:
|~DVDV~| wrote:

If you want
STOP BEING SO VAGUE

Oh, you confused the f*** out of me when you said half-npc half-player.
Besides, you never told us to make a character. You said it goes along with your character, so, you know, it was the more sensible assumption.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Mr. Karate wrote:
|~DVDV~| wrote:

If you want
STOP BEING SO VAGUE

Oh, you confused the f*** out of me when you said half-npc half-player.
Besides, you never told us to make a character. You said it goes along with your character, so, you know, it was the more sensible assumption.

I expect you guys to be smart enough to make an assumption that you're going to need to make a character.

Also, before anyone has the time to ask, make it a basic character sheet, but omit affiliation and race.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
I'll join this

I'm trying to come up with a slow, heavy character that wouldn't be easy to beat in an RP.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 am

http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21076

Just ignore the stuff about limited resources, and divine boundry... As well as labcoat costume. In his backstory, he's a potion maker for both jobs, so yearp. Also, Race: Human. Affiliation: ...Himself?

Class: "Immortal" Alchemist.
Class Type: Ranged.
Native Weapon: ...Well, potions, I suppose...
Type of Armor: Look at the "magician" section of the bio. Minus the glasses, those probably haven't been invented yet...
Skills: Unaffected by poison (Although this should probably be put in the pros and cons section...): As the whole "Immortal explosion" thing boosted his immune system greatly, disease and poison are completely nullified against him. Recovery: Again, with the whole "Immortal Explosion" thing greatly boosting his healing properties, he heals faster than normal. Although, not as fast as his arm healed, as that only happened extremely quickly due to the fact that at first "dose" the potion is much more efficient. Alchemy: Creates a potion, but he can only do so with proper ingredients. These potions act like items, and can/will be used in battle. (I know this is short, but perdy much all attacks revolve around potions, which he makes with his alchemy skill.)
Weaknesses: They are prone to insanity, and will sometimes "accidentally" attack an ally in battle, or worst case scenario, switch sides completely. Likewise, he may accidentally use the wrong potion, sometimes giving a healing potion to the enemy, or asploding his allies.
Class description: An alchemist who has either accidentally, or maybe not, given himself "immortality", and at the same time, insanity. This class uses their alchemy skill to create potions, generally not caring what they come up with. Under that insane shell, they're usually exeptionally smart, seeing as how they managed to make themselves "immortal". The class has an unspeakably great immune system, flushing out disease and poison before it can even take affect (although this unfortunately also means they can't buff themselves), and they also have unusually fast healing properties. However, as they ARE insane, they're a bit of a gamble to take with you on your conquest, as they may "accidentally" bring you and your teammates to harm.

Last edited by War P. Anda on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:58 pm

WarPandaXI wrote:
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21076

Just ignore the stuff about limited resources, and divine boundry... As well as labcoat costume. In his backstory, he's a potion maker for both jobs, so yearp. Also, Race: Human. Affiliation: ...Himself?

Class: "Immortal" Alchemist.
Class Type: ...Um, not really sure, is support an option...?
Native Weapon: ...Well, potions, I suppose...
Type of Armor: Look at the "magician" section of the bio. Minus the glasses, those probably haven't been invented yet...
Skills: Unaffected by poison (Although this should probably be put in the pros and cons section...): As the whole "Immortal explosion" thing boosted his immune system greatly, disease and poison are completely nullified against him. Recovery: Again, with the whole "Immortal Explosion" thing greatly boosting his healing properties, he heals faster than normal. Although, not as fast as his arm healed, as that only happened extremely quickly due to the fact that at first "dose" the potion is much more efficient. Alchemy: Creates a potion, but he can only do so with proper ingredients. These potions act like items, and can/will be used in battle. (I know this is short, but perdy much all attacks revolve around potions, which he makes with his alchemy skill.)
Weaknesses: The immune system will destroy anything that even LOOKS like a virus, including potion affects, so he cannot use potions on himself. They are also prone to insanity, and will sometimes "accidentally" attack an ally in battle, or worst case scenario, switch sides completely. Likewise, he may accidentally use the wrong potion, sometimes giving a healing potion to the enemy, or asploding his allies.
Class description: An alchemist who has either accidentally, or maybe not, given himself "immortality", and at the same time, insanity. This class uses their alchemy skill to create potions, generally not caring what they come up with. Under that insane shell, they're usually exeptionally smart, seeing as how they managed to make themselves "immortal". The class has an unspeakably great immune system, flushing out disease and poison before it can even take affect (although this unfortunately also means they can't buff themselves), and they also have unusually fast healing properties. However, as they ARE insane, they're a bit of a gamble to take with you on your conquest, as they may "accidentally" bring you and your teammates to harm.

Oh god, this Immortal Alchemist perfection plus insanity thing really reminds me of my essay on Hawthorne's "The Birth-Mark".

I presume he would be a ranged type then?
Weaknesses aren't exactly done correctly, as I don't see human error as a weakness unless it is ALL caused by his insanity.

Lastly, to omit means to leave out, just thought I would point it out to spare further incidents.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

So does that mean I should edit a few things, then see if you accept it, or is it unacceptable?

Or... Does that mean it's accepted?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:18 pm

WarPandaXI wrote:
So does that mean I should edit a few things, then see if you accept it, or is it unacceptable?

Or... Does that mean it's accepted?

Edit the sections I noted, otherwise it's fine.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:46 am

Well, I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but I edited it.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am
 [ 14 posts ]