The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
Problems with joystick analog 

hi all! i don't know if it's a problem for everyone or just a feature of the game for now, but when i tap left or right with the analog stick (directly fast at the max radius) i will run even if i use double tap run control. if i use autorun, if i quick tap max left or right i will walk. there's some option for ever walk and run only with double tap?

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
This is how movement works in the official Super Smash Bros. games. You slowly tilt to walk, and sharply tap to run. Most people prefer it that way.
If you prefer double-tapping to run, then analog controls may not be right for you, and I'd suggest using a controller with a prominent D-pad instead, such as a PlayStation controller, and set that to movement.

If you insist on analog control, though, there is a workaround to achieve what you're asking for, by keeping the game set to keyboard controls and using an external program such as Joy2Key or Xpadder to map controller inputs to keyboard keys. This is what we did to use controllers before the game began natively supporting controllers.

When we used that, people who preferred tapping to dash set up a fairly complex configuration to make the analog stick work as it does natively now. But, if you don't do that and simply map keys to the directions of the stick like any other button, it won't matter how fast or hard you tap it, it will always give the same input. Because of that, you'll be able to single-tap the analog stick to walk and double-tap the analog stick to run like you want.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:18 pm

thanks, but i not understood the last phrase.
"But, if you don't do that and simply map keys to the directions of the stick like any other button, it won't matter how fast or hard you tap it, it will always give the same input. Because of that, you'll be able to single-tap the analog stick to walk and double-tap the analog stick to run like you want."
except xpadder and other programs there's a way to use analog stick double tapping for run only? (without tap fast for instant run) i don't know how to map the analog input for be a simple directions if is it possible without other program. sorry for my english but i understood all message except the last part (or i think i need to use forcefully a 3rd part program now, because with gamecube controller on normal smash games work fine but on this game version i run too much time when i don't want it)

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:06 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
ValentDs22 wrote:
thanks, but i not understood the last phrase.
"But, if you don't do that and simply map keys to the directions of the stick like any other button, it won't matter how fast or hard you tap it, it will always give the same input. Because of that, you'll be able to single-tap the analog stick to walk and double-tap the analog stick to run like you want."
except xpadder and other programs there's a way to use analog stick double tapping for run only? (without tap fast for instant run) i don't know how to map the analog input for be a simple directions if is it possible without other program. sorry for my english but i understood all message except the last part (or i think i need to use forcefully a 3rd part program now, because with gamecube controller on normal smash games work fine but on this game version i run too much time when i don't want it)

Sorry, I guess I did get a little too technical.

It's not possible without an external program.

This is what you want your setup for the stick on Joy2Key to look like. (I'm using JoyKkey as an example because it's free and easy to use.)
If you do this, a direction on the analog stick will be exactly like a direction on the keys.

But you do have to use Joy2Key or Xpadder to do it.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:07 pm

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) is right it's like that in the official games. Also you will get use to it over time the more you play, I know this by personal experience. At one point your be able to Walk and Run on command. If you want you can change the dead zoon if you feel like your not getting use to it.

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:13 pm

sorry for not understand last time. i used an external program but the xbox trigger not work and arrows (xbox analog used like arrows) aren't good as the analog inputs. on the smash console games was better (obviously) now i try to use this commands. i already tried to change the dead zone and the other thing, but never reach the 100%, at 75% of analog input start to run, if only autorun activate later... thanks for the help

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 pm
 [ 6 posts ]