The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm

[ 1400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
MG Mafia XVI: Breaking Bad Mafia (Game Over) 

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Well, when I get Lynched we better hope Pachino doesn't get lynched or we are screwed.
So, maybe we should protect Pachino tonight and see what's up, because we lose a town today (me), and that leaves Pachino, so we should make sure he can't get killed.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
You advise protecting Pachino, huh?

So your scum buddy will have a free pick of the other users?

If you're town, defend yourself god damn it.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Cactus, do you realize than a good defense will take you out of the lynch pool and hopefully narrow the targets to actual scum?

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Dr.Geno wrote:

I've already elected myself for this, simply because my town abilities are not helping in the slightest, if we are narrowing it down to scum then why don't we do something different, like, imagine Pachino isn't a conf. town, where does that lead us? I simply do not trust any of you because we all seem to be against each other, but at the same time we all want the same thing (or we say we do) so I simply don't know what to do, if this helps us, which it most likely won't, then we at least know two different town (me + Pachino(assuming at this point we all agree on this, 'cause all my reads on him have pointed on this, but at the same time they are completely inaccurate most of the time because my investigations get muddled with by your abilities.)). So I really just want this game to end so we can start another one 'cause I really am just, so, very lost.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:40 am
Site Admin

Cactush wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:

I've already elected myself for this, simply because my town abilities are not helping in the slightest, if we are narrowing it down to scum then why don't we do something different, like, imagine Pachino isn't a conf. town, where does that lead us? I simply do not trust any of you because we all seem to be against each other, but at the same time we all want the same thing (or we say we do) so I simply don't know what to do, if this helps us, which it most likely won't, then we at least know two different town (me + Pachino(assuming at this point we all agree on this, 'cause all my reads on him have pointed on this, but at the same time they are completely inaccurate most of the time because my investigations get muddled with by your abilities.)). So I really just want this game to end so we can start another one 'cause I really am just, so, very lost.

The question isn't "who is scum" anymore. It's who is town.

-DEFEND YOURSELF IF YOU ARE TOWN-

Going out valiantly and saying "well i'm town so lynching me will just narrow the pool good luck guys" doesn't help AT ALL.

Alternatively, explain why you are town, what sort of town like contributions you have made, and who you think would be a better choice for a lynch. If you are town. If you don't care about the game and just want to see it end, and you're mafia, just admit it then. It'd make everyone's lives easier, including your potential scum buddy. This type of play kills me.

Also I don't quite remember the situation exactly, but I think we've covered that Pachino is town. I'm going to personally go back and look over the justification, but I remember that being relatively set it stone.

So, if you are town, defend why you shouldn't be lynched and give a good alternative. If you are scum, admit it so you'll be closer to the next game.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 am

Cactush wrote:
You better not go back on your word Geno.

I am Steven Gomez. Hank Schrader's fellow DEA agent and best friend.
I am Town-Aligned, and both of my skills involve watching a player of my choice, and who they visit or who visited them.
My skills are:
Stakeout: Every Night, you can send me the name of a player. You will keep an eye on that player's house, and will receive the names of everyone who visits that player that Night. You cannot use this the same Night you use Tail 'em.

Tail 'em: Every Night, you can send me the name of a player. You will tail that player around throughout the night, and will receive the name of whoever they visited that Night, if any. You cannot use this the same Night you use Stakeout.

Since I came late game, I don't know about what my predecessors did before me action wise, but I was told "Kyuubit tracked 135 last night and got "Target visited no one last night"

I don't know how accurate this is but I guess it's irrelevant now.
But as it stands, Last Night I tracked Auraka/Red, and I was told they visited no-one, probably because they died that night.
The Night before that I tracked Axel and he visited Pachino, and Axel was lynched confirmed Mafia.
My first action that I did since I replaced was Stakeout, once again, on Axel, but I was told no-one visited him.
I have been meaning to track a certain order of people, but that has dwindled down to two people, the others were lynched before I could, or they were Scum.

Is there anything I missed that counts as 'Important'?

this was my claim, as it is my role, I don'y have much to defend myself with since I joined after halfway as a replacement and I have little knowledge of my predecessor's usage, but I do know that I am innocent, but I know that is not much to go by, the only useful thing I can say is that I got scum reads on Axel the day he got lynched.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:15 am
Site Admin

Get mad! Get upset, show some emotion! Stress to everybody that you are town and defend yourself. Show that you are annoyed with the wrong decision, SOMETHING. We know that you posted that as your role, but nothing you've said has been particularly helpful or pro town. Defend yourself, please.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Blasted ninjas. Posting anyway.

General notice: Anyone offering to ''sacrifice themselves for the town'' either hasn't thought this through or is scum attempting the use of reverse psychology tactics. I would like to remind everyone that we are very likely at MyLo, or Mislynch and Lose. This means that if we lynch town or third party today, the mafia need only one more kill to win. Sure, if I guess right at night and the mafia don't have a strongman kill up their sleeve I could prevent the death, and assuming 194 is town, so could he. However, relying on that as a safety net is as foolhardy as relying on Sheik's Up B to take stocks. Sure, it can happen, but if that's your main strategy you're going to have a bad time. (We all understand Smash analogies here, right?)

Either we pull together and lynch correctly today, or we give up and content ourselves with a happily ever after. There is no safe in between.

That said, I have a question for 194.

194, it could be argued that over the course of the game, your professed actions as bus driver have hindered the town more than they have helped. In fact, half of them have served only to render our investigator useless. Could you please explain your reasoning for each one of the decisions you took regarding the use of your night action? Thanks.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Let's review my actions for Brik then.

-Night 1: Didn't use my action. I've always believed Bus Drivers should not use their abilities on Night 1 by the mere fact they don't have any clue about what they could be redirecting. It is better for a bus driver to have a grasp on the abilities before taking the decision of who to bus away and who to bus into.

-Night 2: Redirected from 135 to myself. 135 had just claimed cop, and, as such, it made sense to try to protect him from potential kills. However, I can agree that it was my mistake to not anticipate him as being framed by the Mafia as a viable lynch target, and as such, the objective of potential investigations.

-Night 3: Redirected from Brik to Geno. After 135's lynch revealing him as a town cop, I considered the chances of Axel/Geno scumlink. Then, in an attempt for driving the Mafia Kill into one of them, I drived one of the possible kill picks into Geno, which I considered scum. About why I didn't decide to redirect towards Axel? Because I supposed he was going to be jailkept after the incidents on Day 3. And because stating a case against him in Day 4 was easier than stating a case against Geno.

-Night 4: Redirected from Geno to myself. Geno managed to get a better read off me and I considered him town. As such, my ability was used just to protect him.

-Night 5: Redirected from Cactus to myself. Same as above, and also fulfilling my part of the "plan" we had set up on Day 5. Except I actually didn't, as I was waiting for the Mafia to go a step ahead and kill someone who wouldn't be my stated protection target, as well as killing a tracker which would have been vital for the plan to work (see: MG Mafia 11, where a similar plan failed when the Mafia managed to kill the tracker)

-Night 6: Didn't use my ability. After many complaints about me messing with the investigations results, this looked reasonable.

I'll admit my ability usage has been mediocre at best, which I can blame on not having much experience on this role. However, I think it's clear (after this explanation) that I've had town intentions on them all.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:59 am

MGN Username: Pach
Dr.Geno wrote:
Also I don't quite remember the situation exactly, but I think we've covered that Pachino is town. I'm going to personally go back and look over the justification, but I remember that being relatively set it stone.

My confirmed town status is because Lucina claimed mason on day 2 with me as her partner and I of course confirmed this (which I wouldn't do if I were mafia obviously) then she ended up dying the next night and flipped town.

I find Cactus not defending himself to be rather odd. That's generally a scum move to try and fit in with the town. Give us a reason you're not mafia.

Vote: Cactus

No one else vote for Cactus. I don't want him to accidentally be lynched yet

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
It's like Axel all over again.

Oh well. School just started. I will be semi-active.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Pachino wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:

My confirmed town status is because Lucina claimed mason on day 2 with me as her partner and I of course confirmed this (which I wouldn't do if I were mafia obviously) then she ended up dying the next night and flipped town.

I find Cactus not defending himself to be rather odd. That's generally a scum move to try and fit in with the town. Give us a reason you're not mafia.

Vote: Cactus

No one else vote for Cactus. I don't want him to accidentally be lynched yet

Well, I wish I had a reason, my inactivity and sloppy use of my abilities doesn't give me any clear reasons for me to be Town, all I have is my own word and my claim, both of which can't be used for a solid reason. But for me personally, all I can say is that maybe we should try and find another reason, because we are all claiming town here, but it bugs me that we all trust each other as well, I think some scum-buddying is going around but I don't know where exactly, Brik is still a shade of suspicious to me, but that's not much to go by, same with Apple, there's isn't a lot of evidence for or against them right now.

I'm not saying there's an Apple/Brik thing going on here, but I'm just a little concerned about how everyone seems to trust someone here, to me it feels like we're all buddying up here.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:39 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Votecount 12
194:
Dr. Geno:
Brikawaiidesunoweabo: 194 (L-3)
Apple Engi:
Pachino:
Cactush: Dr.Geno, Pachino (L-2)

Voting No-Lynch: No one

Not voting: Brikawaiidesunoweabo, Apple Engi, Cactush

Deadline is: Sunday, September 8

With 6 Alive it takes 4 votes to lynch
No spoilers:
YouTube Video:

AMA

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:20 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
ok

AMA

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm
Site Admin

are you guys serious

lets just lynch someone

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:50 pm
 [ 1400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next