The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm

[ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Luigi 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
My apologies for getting your name wrong.

Umm I do know what mobility is, sorry to tell you.

I missed what you said about down b, my bad and I use that.

"his run speed isn't even bad"
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Dash#Super_Smash_Bros._Melee_rankings

his air movement are most definitely not slow"
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Air_speed#Melee_air_speed_ranking

It does make you move further, but its also double edge sword when it comes to out of shield options.

"how can a character with that atrribute possibly have bad mobility."
It's spelled attribute if we are going to be correcting people here.

I don't know, why don't you ask 64 and Brawl Luigi how they do in the meta game for their respective games.

"This is why I don't visit the forums, its just random players spouting random nonsense that pops up into their minds at any given time, smh."

Wow I am sorry, I forgot you were god and that no one else should be looking at stuff in another light. We all need to praise you for your divine judgement.

doPe wrote:
oh my f*** gosh.

I am aware of his attributes. Yes, I know his regular mobility in the air and on the ground is bad. Really bad. HOWEVER, if you actually understood the point im trying to make, I'm trying to say that BECAUSE his wavedashes and low traction is really really really good (and aegis also stated luigi's down+b, also helping my point), it makes up for his other bad attributes in terms of mobility. Luigi has great movement because his low traction offers him great speed and many movement options, even if his other mobility attributes are poor. I am not ignoring his other attributes. If you actually read my posts you'd see that I even acknowledge it.

Lord doughnut wrote:
You guys just started talking about Melee and saying, oh Luigi has wave dashing, oh he has great ground mobility options in THAT GAME. I am not looking at just his wave dash like you guys are, I am like at his attributes as a whole which you are not getting. Luigi has to rely on his wavedash in Melee to be played at high level, I know that, I play him.

Taking it away is apart of my argument and reinforces it. I am focusing on ALL the games, not just MELEE like you and code are. Tell me, how is Luigi's movement options in Smash 64, Brawl and Smash 4? Are they great, are they amazing? I don't hear about that in those games. Also if you are done, bye.

??????????????? You replied to TCS' post about MELEE Luigi, not sm4sh luigi or brawl luigi or 64 luigi. So why would the other iterations of Luigi even be relevant in this conversation? TCS made a post referring to Melee Luigi, and I'm gonna assume if you have half a brain (which I dont even know if you do at this point) that your response was about Melee Luigi. So no s*** I'm gonna only focus on Melee Luigi in my responses.

I understood the point you were clearly trying get and I get the options he has.

I read your post, but I am not sure you are reading mine.

I replied to his post because he was talking about my post when I was referring to Luigi in general, he brought Melee into the conversation when it came to Luigi's ground mobility in that game.

Lord doughnut wrote:
doPe wrote:
TheBeep41 wrote:
he got everything.

he doesn't have shine.

shine sucks :P

@beep
Luigi is known for having poor movement due to always having poor mobility. He has fast attacks, but poor mobility.

Star killer is a technical player, so he is used to dash canceling to prevent the dashing stop animation from allowing the opponent to punish him, due to Luigi's low traction.

This was my original post referring to Luigi in general and TCS simply replied with talking about Melee Luigi.

Thanks dope for trying to do the intellect response, I am sure yours still has some active brain cells from the drugs you have been smoking.

I am done with this argument, if you want to argue more pm me so we don't flood this topic.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:41 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Dope. You're saying that Luigi has good mobility because of wavedashing. SSF2 doesn't have wavedashing.
Now why don't you read all of what he says before retorting. :yoshi:

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:56 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
MaskofTruth wrote:
Dope. You're saying that Luigi has good mobility because of wavedashing. SSF2 doesn't have wavedashing.
Now why don't you read all of what he says before retorting. :yoshi:

i really hope thats a joke

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

MGN Username: Rossuizan
MaskofTruth, you missed the entire point of this debate.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:16 pm

I skipped the s***.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:18 pm

MGN Username: Rossuizan
How about not adding to it then? Seriously that comment was pointless and only made you look wrong.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Rossuizan wrote:
How about not adding to it then? Seriously that comment was pointless and only made you look wrong.

Hello oldie-lockes. And welcome back to the forums.
The comment I made was strictly data retrieval from what was posted by them. I can not help it if I come off brusquely.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:30 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
MaskofTruth wrote:
strictly data retrieval

MaskofTruth wrote:
I skipped the s***.

<3

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:42 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Can we all just... stop trying to be the biggest drama queen? This isnt getting anywhere but pointless and ridiculous at this point.

The Cyclone to kill off the top definetly looks interesting (especially for people like me who spammed that move only in Brawl for a while), but I hope that it wont have the power to kill off a Nair at 40% or so, that would be a bit too much imo. Recovery also looks good distance wise, but I dont know yet how safe it actually is this time. Cant wait to try this guy out.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:45 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
Btw, did Luigi's misfire seem to go a bit too far? I feel like it could be suicide even if you are close the center of the stage facing in the closest blast zone direction

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:32 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
ByeOrDie wrote:
Btw, did Luigi's misfire seem to go a bit too far? I feel like it could be suicide even if you are close the center of the stage facing in the closest blast zone direction

They probably are using the distance from Melee, where Luigi would travel a great distance compared to the one in Brawl/Smash 4 where the distance is less and safer. Though with how Luigi's recovery looks better then it does in Melee, it shouldn't be a problem trying to recover again.

Edit:
After looking at the gameplay of Luigi mis firing from one ledge to the other on Yoshi's Story, I can agree it could lead to an SD if the Luigi aims at the blast zone if they're off stage or if they venture to far where they can't recover. However, seeing him come from the bottom of FD gives me hope that he could survive something like this.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:26 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Lord doughnut wrote:
ByeOrDie wrote:

They probably are using the distance from Melee, where Luigi would travel a great distance compared to the one in Brawl/Smash 4 where the distance is less and safer. Though with how Luigi's recovery looks better then it does in Melee, it shouldn't be a problem trying to recover again.

Edit:
After looking at the gameplay of Luigi mis firing from one ledge to the other on Yoshi's Story, I can agree it could lead to an SD if the Luigi aims at the blast zone if they're off stage or if they venture to far where they can't recover. However, seeing him come from the bottom of FD gives me hope that he could survive something like this.

Yeah just use it to recover or to hit someone and you won't kill yourself with it

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:29 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
-last 3 previous pages-

LET'S GET RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
INTO THE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

ok gnomestar jokes aside

Does Luigi still have his crawl? If so, how fast is it? It would be awesome as a mixup/movement option.
Also, does his sweetspotted Up-B still hurt like a truck?
What's the rate of misfiring?

I'm asking this because Luigi is not Luigi without em.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:19 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
His crawl was in the smashcon trailer wasn't it?

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
I like his Ice Mario costume :luigi:

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm
 [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next