The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:14 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
well like, it was an alright game but i certainly wouldn't put it on par with skyward sword

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 am

Currently Playing: None, grounded.
Honestly, Spirit Tracks must have the most mixed reviews of any Zelda game ever.

Do these three things, and you will not be fed to the sharks.

Boom.

PSN Name: UltimateBrawl
Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:58 am

Currently Playing: Zelda: Skyward Sword
Has anybody noticed that Skyward Sword is almost exactly the same as the beta Zelda 64?

History has it here:

"The first version of Zelda 64 was originally conceived as a title developed specifically to make full use of the innovative features of the 64dd, like the internal clock, rewritable disks with a double capacity of a normal cartridge, internet connection, and image editing. Zelda 64 was presented by Nintendo as a really complex title, hardly possible to be made on a simple Nintendo 64. Miyamoto and his team would have liked to make Hyrule a persistent world,entirely adaptable at player’s will; any changes that Link would perform on it would be saved: any cut tree, any breaked container, any foot-marks on the sand, and any other changes made to the environment would stay here for the entire adventure. All this thanks to the innovative features of the 64DD. But the add-on was not received well by the developers, in part because of the past commercial failures of other expansions, and the 64DD was postponed so often that even Nintendo lost faith on the ambitious project. At this point the big N had to make a choice, and announced that Zelda would be redeveloped for a release on cartridge, hoping at the same time that the game would renew the attention of the videogame market on Nintendo 64. But, as we will see, the removal of the interesting features of the 64DD would have a huge impact on many sections of the story and of the game."

All is copyright of Nintendo and Unseen64.net :-_-: We all wish we had THIS game too.

Reply what you think and be POSITIVE!!! :mrgreen:

And also on addition, Majora's Mask History!

"When it was already clear that the first Zelda for the Nintendo 64 was being converted on cartridge, Nintendo began to develop a new Zelda game. The title, formerly known under the codename Zelda Gaiden, it would have full exploited the add-on features, especially the internal clock. Gaiden it would have featured Link trapped for a week into a strange world already on the verge of destruction. At the end of the seventh day, a natural disaster it would have occured and the only meaning of survival for Link it would have been to travel back in time, trying again to find a solution. All the environmental and time changes were going to be saved in the rewritable section of the special 64DD disks, thus influencing the events of the seven days, like the original Zelda 64 project.Another interesting feature it would have been a new version of the great fishing mini-game already seen on Ocarina of Time, this time called Jabu Jabu fishing. Obviously, with the 64DD failure, Gaiden was cut and quickly redeveloped for a release on the Nintendo 64, which was then already being forgotten because of the next-gen consoles."

All is copyright of Nintendo and Unseen64.net We all also wish we had THIS game too. 8-)

And last of all, The Original Story of Zelda 64!!

"Link is preparing for his coming-of-age ceremony, in which he will receive his guardian spirit. In the tradition of his people, children receive a fairy from the Fairy Tree when they reach adulthood. This fairy becomes a person’s lifelong familiar. The fairy accompanies the youthful adventurer seeking his or her fortune in the maze-like forest or in the lands beyond. Link’s ceremony, however, is not destined to be a happy one. The Fairy Tree, source of guardian spirits, is captured by a strange creature from the depths of the forest. Link is able to locate his guardian spirit, Navie, and with her help, slay the creature. However, in the process, the Fairy Tree is grievously damaged. As its life force ebbs, the Fairy Tree speaks the words that will shape Link’s destiny.
“Do not allow the thief, Gannondorf, to claim the Triforce … ” the Tree mystically communicates. “Oh brave one, you must take this sacred stone to a wise man….”
Gannondorf was infamous throughout the land for his evil practices as the king of thieves. He lusted for the power of the Triforce and searched throughout Hyrule for its resting place, most recently plunging into the forest of Link’s people. Link knew he was in grave danger should Gannondorf find him. He took the sacred stone from the Fairy Tree and set out for Hyrule Castle, the capital of the Hyrulian people. Upon entering the castle, Link is welcomed by the young Princess Zelda, a woman of the Hyrulian royal family about the same age as he. She is well aware of the crisis facing the land of Hyrule. Zelda relates further details about the Triforce’s hiding place, telling Link that he needs to find the three sacred stones that fit into a magical Ocarina, which serves as the key to hidden realm. Link’s race with the evil Gannondorf to find the sacred stones and the hiding place of the Triforce is on!"

Okay, that's it, reply when you want to! :snack:

Drew nothing, just eating Multi-Grain Pringles :snack:

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
There's a topic to discuss Zelda.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:13 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
merged topics

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Byllant wrote:

This is the topic, right?

Anyway, MORE HISTORY!! :D

Zelda URA

During the early stages of development, two significantly different Ocarina of Time expansions were planned for the 64DD. One, titled Ura Zelda, would include alternate and more difficult dungeons (such as the Unicorn Fountain) and new enemies, while the other, Zelda Gaiden, would include a different overworld and an entirely new adventure. While Zelda Gaiden would eventually evolve into The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Ura Zelda was never released on the Nintendo 64 as a standalone game.

Ura Zelda was actually a patch for Ocarina of Time. The 64DD version was designed so that the original Ocarina of Time cartridge could be plugged into the main Nintendo 64 console while the Ura Zelda expansion disk would be plugged into the 64DD that sat underneath the console. Upon the insertion of the Ura Zelda expansion disk, the Ocarina of Time title screen would change slightly, adding a "DISK" icon to the right of the logo. The size of this patch was supposedly about 32-64 megabytes, and due to the smaller maximum size of Nintendo 64 cartridges, the game could not otherwise be released on a cartridge.

Also, some thing about how it wasn't released....

Ura Zelda (literally, "Another Zelda") was the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive expansion disk designed for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. However, due to the failure of the 64DD as a platform, the game was never released on that platform.

All is copyright of Nintendo and Zeldapedia and Unseen64.net

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim
has anyone seen the official timeline that was revealed yesterday?

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Linkre20 wrote:
Byllant wrote:

This is the topic, right?

Anyway, MORE HISTORY!! :D

Zelda URA

During the early stages of development, two significantly different Ocarina of Time expansions were planned for the 64DD. One, titled Ura Zelda, would include alternate and more difficult dungeons (such as the Unicorn Fountain) and new enemies, while the other, Zelda Gaiden, would include a different overworld and an entirely new adventure. While Zelda Gaiden would eventually evolve into The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Ura Zelda was never released on the Nintendo 64 as a standalone game.

Ura Zelda was actually a patch for Ocarina of Time. The 64DD version was designed so that the original Ocarina of Time cartridge could be plugged into the main Nintendo 64 console while the Ura Zelda expansion disk would be plugged into the 64DD that sat underneath the console. Upon the insertion of the Ura Zelda expansion disk, the Ocarina of Time title screen would change slightly, adding a "DISK" icon to the right of the logo. The size of this patch was supposedly about 32-64 megabytes, and due to the smaller maximum size of Nintendo 64 cartridges, the game could not otherwise be released on a cartridge.

Also, some thing about how it wasn't released....

Ura Zelda (literally, "Another Zelda") was the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive expansion disk designed for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. However, due to the failure of the 64DD as a platform, the game was never released on that platform.

All is copyright of Nintendo and Zeldapedia and Unseen64.net
Why would I want to see your copy-paste crap with stupid comments when I can just look it up WITHOUT the stupid comments?

Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Waifu: You!
woah that timeline woah

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim
I honestly did not expect a third split in the timeline

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Currently Playing: None
I'm not really into the story,but damn the timelines makes me want to play all the zeldas games.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:08 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Got Skyward Sword guys! the problem is that my mom got a battered box and that game is so special to have it with a battered box, gotta wait if I can change it.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:34 am

Currently Playing: None
Byllant wrote:
Got Skyward Sword guys! the problem is that my mom got a battered box and that game is so special to have it with a battered box, gotta wait if I can change it.

Go and have fun then,but be careful there's a glitch late in the game.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 pm

[NU] wrote:
Squid Combat wrote:
and don't give the s#%$& excuse of "it lets more people play the game!!!" because majora's mask is on the virtual console

Implying everyone who owns a 3ds owns a wii.

I got a Wii, not a 3DS....

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Currently Playing: None, grounded.
THe timeline's not that bad if you look closely. Honest!

Do these three things, and you will not be fed to the sharks.

Boom.

PSN Name: UltimateBrawl
Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 am
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 95  Next