The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Game of Thrones 

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Where are all the Game of Thrones fans? Am pumped for tomorrows episode, the battle last time was f*** nuts.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:40 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
The last episode was probably my favorite episode of the entire series. Next episode is the big 9 but I feel like it can't possibly top Hardhome. I will like it significantly less if they actually kill off Jorah. Dude just can't catch a f*** break.

AMA

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:55 pm

is that book spoilers?

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:05 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

No, just seemingly a popular opinion on the internet about what might happen

AMA

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:52 pm

TOWK wrote:
No, just seemingly a popular opinion on the internet about what might happen

Oh alright, I didn't look at it just in case. I did just start reading A Game of Thrones (the first book, fun fact for those who don't know, the book series is called A Song of Ice and Fire, only the first book is titled "A Game of Thrones".)

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:27 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: TheSilentHero
Currently Playing: Pokémon Omega Ruby; Pokémon Shuffle
Hardhome was a nice episode, but I feel like this season (so far) is less exciting than the others. Maybe the final two episodes can change that...

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:40 pm

ehhhh I kinda agree. It hasn't been bad by any means though.

But last episode was undoubtedly exciting.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:12 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

I think this season has definitely been the most inconsistent. Certain plots, Jon's in particular, have been really great. Everything happening in Dorne has been absolutely awful. Jamie's reasoning for going there at all makes absolutely no sense and the sand snakes are terribly done. Ellaria went from "we don't kill little girls in Dorne" last season to "I'll send her Myrcella in pieces" this season.

AMA

Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:23 pm

TOWK wrote:
I think this season has definitely been the most inconsistent. Certain plots, Jon's in particular, have been really great. Everything happening in Dorne has been absolutely awful. Jamie's reasoning for going there at all makes absolutely no sense and the sand snakes are terribly done. Ellaria went from "we don't kill little girls in Dorne" last season to "I'll send her Myrcella in pieces" this season.

I guess you could say her anger at the Lannisters and sadness of Oberyn's death are clouding her judgement? But I do see your point. The stuff going on in King's Landing is interesting, although really irritating. like I knew Tommen was a pussy, but what the f***. I figured that when he found out that his mom was imprisoned, he would gather his men and rescue her and Margaery. (But maybe he is thinking of what Cersei said about the first casualty being the prisoners). Arya's plot right now is kind of cool, but mostly boring compared to everything she's done up to now. Well tonight is episode 9 right? I'm nervous lol.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:41 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Anyone one find Stannis' decision this episode extremely out of character?

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Dephius wrote:
Anyone one find Stannis' decision this episode extremely out of character?

ehh not really, he killed his brother for the same reason. He's been listening to Melisandre the entire series. But it did come as a shock, since it seemed he had finally drawn the line at his daughter, but evidently not. I was more surprised to see that his wife was the one to try to stop it, and not him. It was so f*** up though, i'm kinda pissed, poor girl.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:26 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Yeah Stannis being the one to make the decision to burn Shireen is pretty bad. Her burning has been for shadowed since he was introduced, but after he drew the line and told Mel to f*** off I figured Selyse would tell Mel to burn her behind his back. Stannis held Storm's End for over a year, he and his people starving eating rats. I guess show Stannis is different from book Stannis but this is still a total flip flop of his character in such a short time for shock value.

What's worse is that instead of him dealing with the decision to sacrifice his daughter, I'll bet Brienne kills him next week because it's the finale and someone major has to die, so says the rules of TV.

That said, I thought the pit scenes were cool as f***. Super glad Jorah didn't die. Hizdar being so randomly and suddenly killed off was f*** hilarious though. Like after all the forshadowing of him leading the SOTH he was really just trying to be a good, helpful guy this whole time.

AMA

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:35 am

I agree I also find this season a bit less exciting than the others, its still pretty good though especially 8 which I find one of the best episodes of the entire series

and towk can you indicate if you're noting book spoilers or not, it seems like you're not posting any but I don't want anything major spoilered

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:42 am
Site Moderator

Yeah I would say if I was spoiling anything from the books. If I just say "x is probably going to die" it's just me speculating.

AMA

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:20 am

MGN Username: TheSilentHero
Currently Playing: Pokémon Omega Ruby; Pokémon Shuffle
TOWK wrote:
Yeah Stannis being the one to make the decision to burn Shireen is pretty bad. Her burning has been for shadowed since he was introduced, but after he drew the line and told Mel to f*** off I figured Selyse would tell Mel to burn her behind his back. Stannis held Storm's End for over a year, he and his people starving eating rats. I guess show Stannis is different from book Stannis but this is still a total flip flop of his character in such a short time for shock value.

What's worse is that instead of him dealing with the decision to sacrifice his daughter, I'll bet Brienne kills him next week because it's the finale and someone major has to die, so says the rules of TV.

That said, I thought the pit scenes were cool as f***. Super glad Jorah didn't die. Hizdar being so randomly and suddenly killed off was f*** hilarious though. Like after all the forshadowing of him leading the SOTH he was really just trying to be a good, helpful guy this whole time.

Usually someone major dies in episode 9, though, and I guess it was Shireen this season. I don't think Brienne will kill Stannis, but rather join him to free Sansa and kill the Boltons.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:44 pm
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next