The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:57 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

While adorable, it seemed Phora wasn't wise to the limits of Tsubaki's powers or, instead of playing with the shield, she would have simply went around it. Once the little fairy kicked off the shield Tsubaki dismissed it. The healer would not be of any help sitting in one place when others were being hurt, so he would probably be on the move soon, which would have made the barrier pointless, anyways.

Tsubaki looked back at Gregory, as to see what he was planning. She would move with him as though still on the defensive, however if the fairy came at them again the shield she surely expected would not be the sigil Tsubaki planned on using.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi followed his split kick with a low sweep, targetting both his opponents. Having stepped back Li saw it coming and raised his foot away from the path of the attack as it came towards him. Recovering from the kick from earlier Logan saw the sweep coming for him next and stepped over the blow, a claymore in his hand as he swung it vertically from below, missing Adi but clipping Li, a move which earned him a fresh jab. Logan flinched backwards from the blow and Adi capitalised driving a foot at Logan's knee. Seeing this he swatted the blow aside with the flat of the blade and following up with a downward thrust timed with Li's kick to hit Adi as his foot arced towards Li's head. This was blocked by Li's reinforced forearm as he withdrew from the kick and threw another solid punch at Logan as Adi broke away from the blows he took. Logan took it squarely in his chest and he retaliated with a rising diagonal slash with Li seemingly predicted. However, he didn't predict that Logan would change weapons so fast, bring his shield to bear as he tackled the senior and sending him sprawling backwards. His victory was shortlived as Adi got up and delivered a kick to Logan's knee forcefully changing the junior's posture and making him crumple. Another kick landed on the back of his head and Logan nearly toppled forward, recovering only enough to lash out with a circular swing intending to take both the recovering Li and Adi. He got them both, interrupting Adi's follow up completely before ending up in a completely awkward posture. As he took his time to recover, Li traded kicks with Adi, both catching each other's foot and resulting in a stalemate. Given enough time, Logan came back to the fight swinging at Adi and the senior rolled with the blow, swinging wildly as his fell and nearly catching Li off guard. Li had stepped his raised foot down, blocking any attempt from Adi but left himself open as the junior caught him in the chest with a well placed shuffle side kick as Adi swept his legs.

Logan was still the only one standing, both seniors in lowered positions though Adi was simply in a low stance, his hands in a Silat guard whilst Li lay sprawled out between them. It was a brief exchange of blows but it had just been almost chaotic. Adi count reliably tell where the blows came from and Li had misjudged most of the moves whilst Logan just happened to be at the right place and at the right time. It also helped that he had a sword and shield and the seniors fought unarmed. Adi recalled that to triumph against a sword user, one had to possess thrice the skill. It was from a movie but still, it seemed that he had another point to improve. For a while the three were frozen like statues, barely breathing until Adi finally relaxed his guard.

"I think that was rather satisfactory for the day. How about we check on the others?" he asked in between pants of breath.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:25 pm
Site Admin

In time, Carter used his crystal to charge up the spear that Johnny had created earlier. It began to emanate heat and energy that Evelyn could sense both physically and with her spiritual sense as well. Opening the palms of her hands, she created two wisps which seemed fairly unstable as they seemed to flux their perimeter. Taking care to have the orbs not strike the spear she manipulated the wisps so they they orbited the source the spear.

"So" she stated questionably "I guess this is some sort of spiritual morning star or something..." she was slightly disappointed in their craft, but at least they were done with what Adi had told them to do.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan gave the spear a long hard look. The assignment had thrown him off a bit, catching him off guard. Also not knowing what to do, or how to do it had some effect, but they got it done. Honestly, he had thought it would take them longer to complete this. "Well, let's let Adi have a look at it." He scanned the area. It looked like most of the group was down here. Soon, he finds Adi and walks up to him.

"Here ya go, one suped up spear." He says, showing him said item.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi stood up properly as junior Rickheight approached, spear in hand. As far as he could tell the spear was made purely from his skill as a Notatorum, which he suspected would have little effect on any spiritual phenomena save those affected by iron. Adi formed up his weapon in mid air, holding in place with his mind. Stepping aside he gestured towards it.

"Have a swing junior Rickheight and if nothing special happens I'll let you try again against junior Douglas' armaments and Li's imbued objects."

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan glanced at Adi's weapon. He had to admit that was pretty cool. For a second, he imagined himself in Adi's shoes, slashing enemies without lifting a finger. He was pretty confident in this working, Carter's magic and Evelyn's wisps must of had some effect. He chuckled to himself; he was being so naive right now. Very uncharacteristic of him. "Okay, well, let's not waste any time." He got in a stance and took a slash at the weapon held in mid air.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus continued to sit there hoping for something to happen. She was bored and honestly wanted to fight something. She reverted to her normal addiction of twirling her hair in between her fingers and pondering why it was white.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Logan paused, breathing heavily as the three combatants finished. Being a two handed weapon, the claymore was quite cumbersome, and wielding it had left the junior all but drained of energy. Though he thought he had done quite well, any sense of pride was quickly extinguished by the fact that both of his opponents had been unarmed. Out of breath, he simply nodded in response to Adi, dissipating his sword and shield.
Before he could find a place to sit and take a breather, however, Jonathan approached Adi and presented what was apparently some kind of special spear.
"Have a swing, junior Rickheight, and if nothing special happens, I'll let you try again aginst junior Douglas's armaments and Li's imbued objects."
Logan almost audibly groaned. It wouldn't require much effort to just stand in one spot, but summoning up his weaponry was no easy task while exhausted. Still, he was curious to see what was so special about this spear.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The knight was dumbfounded by Dominic's strange mix of dancing and fighting. "What on Earth..." Was all he managed to say before having the wind knocked out of him from an air-powered kick to the chest. Still, he was in better shape then the student, who had just mashed his foot against the armored chest-plate extremely hard. Having caught his breath he looked at the trainee sympathetically and offered a hand. "Ouch. Let that be a lesson to you. It was a great kick, really, but don't try to walk on that foot. I doubt it's broken but you should take a seat over by Alice for now."

Damian's small stream of lightning, attracted to his opponents armor, arced all over the knight's body. The spirit howled in pain before vanishing.

"Well, you three are all do-" Alice began before August's shout interrupted.

“Yo, Alice! Ol’ Max here volunteers for the next exercise!” The troublesome student called out. Needless to say Maximilian didn't look happy at all, as he grumbled about being a poor fighter and yawned obnoxiously. If he didn't want to fight, being rude shouldn't be a priority, lest he inspire one of the senior's more devious training ideas.

"I guess that means you volunteer with him then? I've got just the thing for the two of you." Alice's smile seemed unsettlingly devilish, a warning sign that right now she didn't really have their best interests at heart. "This pretty young woman is Lotus. Look at how bored she is! Surely a pair of fine gentlemen like yourselves won't mind a mere sparring match to pass the time? I'll even take into account your whelpish physiques and let you work together."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 am
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
“Whelpish?”, replied August, melodramatically. “Careful, Alice, lest you wound my fragile sense of self-esteem!”

The c*** youth glanced in Lotus’ direction, burst out laughing. It was the same girl that he had been asked to babysit earlier, the one with freakishly white hair. She was attractive in a fragile, oblivious blonde kind of way, sitting there staring into space and twirling her hair. Certainly, she posed no threat as an opponent. If August hoped to get any s**** out of the exercise, he would have to let Maximilian do most of the work. Else it would be over before it began. He looked at Alice with mock inquisitiveness. “A sparring match, against that dainty thing?”, he chuckled. “You must be joking.”

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian stood and saw the knight vanished, utterly electrocuted. He was pleased he had won but slightly dissapointed the knight was gone. Seeing how he was finished, he proceeded to sit.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Lotus looked at Alice when she heard her name. two against one how was that fair? The one boy's cooment slightly offended her. She stood up walked over to alice and said "I wanna battle him," She pointed at August "one on one." She glared at him before emmiting a low-pitched growl. "And I'm not joking." she said staring at August wanting to knock his block off.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Logan was quite the opponent for Li, and having Adi fighting as well didn't help. Still, it was an enjoyable experience. Normally they wouldn't do three way spars at the martial arts club, so this was something still new for Li. The other group of students had finished their assignment, bring a spear forward with some wisps orbiting around them. It looked quite interesting, and Li was curious if it would be effective.

The kick had a nice impact on the knights armor but also on Dom's leg. He never actually used a moved like this as an attack, so he wasn't ready for the kind of impact it would make, especially with the added power from the wind. His leg deflected off the chest piece, sending them off to the side, making Dom lose balance. He was used to falling over from moves when learning new ones, but this time around, his leg was in quite some pain. Falling perfectly fine, he laid there for a few moments trying to take in what just happened. Having finally found the opportunity to learn how to control his powers, Dom was in a good mood, forgetting about the pain in his leg for a minute. When he finally felt it, he grabbed the knight's hand and got up.

"Thanks," he said to the knight, with a small smirk on his face. He limped over towards Alice and laid back down almost immediately upon reaching her side. The aggression coming from the white haired girl and another guy whom Dom didn't notice at first, but figured out he's been here before, caught his attention. He brought his upper body upwards, sitting there attentively to see how this would go down.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Lotus was starting to become Alice's favorite student.
"Well, what are you waiting for?" She said. "Don't mind me, go for it."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:53 pm
YIM WWW

As those words came out of Alice's mouth Lotus swung at August's face with all her might trying to catch him off guard.Growling the whole time.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:01 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 98  Next