The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm

[ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
Wario 

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
I wish Side-Spec isn't so easily stopped by shielding. Side-spec should at least push the opponent away when they shield, unless they time it perfectly.

Does Wario have any moves with armor?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:31 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
That would make Wario broken and poorly designed because S-spec approach would the only thing he needs to do (because grab ranges in this game are rather short).

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Zapperrix wrote:
That would make Wario broken and poorly designed because S-spec approach would the only thing he needs to do (because grab ranges in this game are rather short).

Oh, okay. Thanks for the insight.

I guess Side-Spec is mainly used for punish and tech chase anyway.

Is it okay for Wario to be able to chain Chomp (haha) over and over again to throw the enemy across and off the stage? It's like an aerial chain grab that works even at high %, and it's very easy to pull off. It's grab range is practically Wario's body excluding the back of his head. Plus, you can do an instant Dash Attack after a Chomp if thrown forward, and Wario's Dash Attack is one of his best killer moves.

Get caught in Chomp once, and you could literally be thrown (if lag isn't an issue for the Wario) across Smashville.

Last edited by Doof on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 pm
BR Member

Chomp is atleast in the top 10 list of most annoying moves.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:27 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Chomp is atleast in the top 10 list of most annoying moves.

Chomp would be a lot more respectable if you had to time it. The fact that you can just hold it on the edge and destroy characters with standard recoveries is a little cheap.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Does anyone else use Wario's D-Smash effectively? I only use it to get an instant knockdown and predict what the opponent will do. Any other uses for it?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:15 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Not really, its pretty much only used for reads. However, it you get a read with it and they miss the tech, you can do whatever you want.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Zapperrix wrote:
Not really, its pretty much only used for reads. However, it you get a read with it and they miss the tech, you can do whatever you want.

Alright, cool. I played around with the move for a little bit, and I think I figured out some option-selects for this move.

- You can follow up a D-Smash with another one or more and repeat the process if they're close enough when they miss the tech. Beware though, sometimes a D-Smash won't knock down your opponent at low %. I'm still trying to figure out why, maybe it's with certain characters.

- Dash Attack seems to be the simplest option to go for. And it's effective.

- Air Chomp is an option that pays off well if you catch your opponent. You could start a Chain Chomp if you can pull it off.

- Any air attack excluding D-Air and U-Air is okay.

- Side-Spec is an option, but not a good one. If it whiffs, you could be punished heavily. Dash-Attack is a much better and safer option if you want to chase opponents without using Air Chomp.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:00 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Ganondoof wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:

Alright, cool. I played around with the move for a little bit, and I think I figured out some option-selects for this move.

- You can follow up a D-Smash with another one or more and repeat the process if they're close enough when they miss the tech. Beware though, sometimes a D-Smash won't knock down your opponent at low %. I'm still trying to figure out why, maybe it's with certain characters.

- Dash Attack seems to be the simplest option to go for. And it's effective.

- Air Chomp is an option that pays off well if you catch your opponent. You could start a Chain Chomp if you can pull it off.

- Any air attack excluding D-Air and U-Air is okay.

- Side-Spec is an option, but not a good one. If it whiffs, you could be punished heavily. Dash-Attack is a much better and safer option if you want to chase opponents without using Air Chomp.

I can explain why dsmash doesn't knock down at low percents.
Most moves deal some sort of knockback, and how much knockback they deal is based on the move's dmg, base KB, KB growth, opponent's weight, and opponent's percent (after the hit). An easy thing to draw from KB is that lighter characters take more KB (we all know this). When the amount of KB a character receives is high enough, they enter what is called "tumble hitstun", meaning they take on a different animation and they can hit walls/floors and tech.

So basically, at low percents dsmash won't deal enough KB to put the opponent into tumble. If you do this move to a lighter character you won't need to build as much percent to accomplish this. An interesting note on this is since hitstun is based on KB, lighter characters technically take more hitstun and are thus more susceptible to combos!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Thank you, Phoenix!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Adding to my D-Smash OS's...

- Using D-Smash when your opponent isn't tech rolling will actually make them stand up if they're not at high %, so be aware of that.

- Wario Waft at full charge actually is an option, but the timing is a little tricky. Wafting too early will whiff if they try to tech roll away, and wafting too late could be avoided if the opponent shields/rolls away after they get up. Instant tech allows the opponent to shield/roll away from Waft no matter the timing.

- Dash-Cancelled F-Smash is an option as well, but it's a little hard to pull off.

- Dashing and using Grab is a neat option. Use either godlike D-Throw or regular B-Throw if you grab your opponent.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 pm

I was bored, so I decided to play around with Wario's N-Spec: Chomp.

Chomp is fun because it can be used to catch rushdown moves if you bait them out. It can also be used to discourage an opponent from using rushdown moves as well. However, there are some rushdown moves that can beat Chomp.

I've come up with two lists. The first list contains rushdown moves that will get caught by Chomp from the front. The second list contains rushdown moves that will hit Wario out of Chomp from the front.

(NOTE: Some moves may be in both lists, and will be marked with a "*" along with a quick explanation why a move is in each list.)

If I missed anything or if something is incorrect, please say so. Either I messed up, or I was too lazy and didn't test a move enough.

Caught by Chomp:

- Peach's Side-Spec * (If used at short-long range)

- Sora's Side-Spec

- Fox's Side-Spec

- Fox's Up-Spec

- Captain Falcon's Side-Spec

- Sonic's Side-Spec

- Sonic's Down-Spec

- Tails' Down-Spec

- Tails' Side-Spec

- Ichigo's Side-Spec * (If used at close-long range)

- Bomberman's Dash Attack * (If used at close-long range)

- Pikachu's Side-Spec

- Pikachu's Up-Spec

- Jigglypuff's Neutral-Spec

- Wario's Side-Spec * (If used at close range)

- Zelda's Up-Spec

Beats Chomp:

- Peach's Side-Spec * (If used at max range)

- Captain Falcon's Down-Spec

- Wario's Side-Spec * (If used at mid-max range)

- Ichigo's Side-Spec * (if used at max range)

- Yoshi's Side-Spec

- Bomberman's Dash Attack * (If used at max range)

- Meta Knight's Side-Spec

Wario could attempt a read with Side-Spec for moves that beat Chomp, with the exception of Ichigo's Side-Spec at max range and Meta Knight's Side-Spec. Wario's Side-Spec will either win or clank, depending on the move colliding with it. Side-Spec is very risky, though.

Last edited by Doof on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:19 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Ganondoof wrote:
Beats Chomp:
- Tails' Side-Spec

no it does not.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Just found out that you can sort of Wario-cide with Chomp. If you catch the opponent offstage (or Chain Chomp them all the way offstage), you can hold him in Chomp long enough for them to lose a stock or be too low to recover even if they break free (of course this depends on the character Chomped). It is a guaranteed KO if you catch the opponent when they've used all of their jumps or you sacrifice your stock. You can recover back if you haven't used your second jump and are close enough to the edge.

Another thing you can do with Chomp is stage spike if you happen to catch them in the air offstage and throw them under the stage floor.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:17 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Why does Wario's throw peace fast fallers in the 60% range?

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 pm
 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next