The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:57 pm

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Grand Smash 

The Caretaker stood in the middle of a colourful room, a complete contrast to the white suit he wore, but matching what one might call his 'skin'; a sky blue, with several clouds 'inside' of it, and the sun where his right eye would be. However, if one paid attention, you might notice the sun gradually fade, and a crecent moon appear on his left eye, the clouds being replaced with the stars of the night. This might be the only way of telling time in the Playroom, as all of the clocks of all colours on the walls would do all sorts of strange things; from going backwards to going forwards to not doing anything at all, nobody could tell which one was right.

Eight children were playing games of their own imagination in this room, each of them vastly different, and the Caretaker watched over them all. One particular child walked towards him, before asking "...Caretaker?" Said Grand Master smiled before answering, "Yes, what is it?" The child, who we will now refer to as a Gentleman, looked nervous, but responded anyway; "Well... I was just wondering... could we have one of those? Everyone else has one!" The Caretaker gave a knowing look at the boy, before realizing that all the other children had surrounded him with cries of "Please?" "Yeah!" and "It would be so fun!"

The Caretaker sighed slightly, before announcing "Okay, okay. I get the point. If you all really want to, I suppose we could have a Grand Battle."

Grand Smash

Alright guys, here's a basic explanation for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about (read: almost everyone).

A Grand Battle is where eight people face off against eachother (no not the children, I'll get to those next) in a fight to the death. It's a free-for-all, and each time someone dies the map changes. There are seven rounds because yeah eight epople one will win and all that jazz. But here's the thing; the person that dies isn't the least overpowered, or whoever's unlucky enough to encounter the guy who's most overpowered. No, the person to die each round is always going to the worst writer. So, essentially, it's a writing competition; get your paragraphs ready, folks!

Now, paragraphs and grammar aren't EVERYTHING here (though they definitely help). For example, Lutherion Maw, in the first Grand Battle (http://www.MSPAforums.com/showthread.php?25588) had what was obviously the worst grammar in the group, though it improved through the course of the game, yet he was the fourth to die. This was because of one factor; his character was simply enjoyable, fun to play as (explanations later), and creative. He may have even lasted longer had it not been for the fact that he resigned due to business. That just goes to show that good (NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN OVERPOWERED) charactes can get you a long way.

So I should probably give you your character sheet.

Username: Take a wild guess! Any guess at all!
Name: What is your character's name?
Race: Species. Human, cyborg, elf, anything else you can come up with at all just about. (No, this does not mean I suggest humans, cyborgs or elves. You could be an undead washing machine, for all I care.)
Colour: You're going to be posting your story sections in a specific colour so your posts are more easily identifiable. #BFBFFF is not available.
Weapon: Does your character fight with something? Mention it here.
Abilities: What makes your character so special that they were chosen for this?
Description: Physical and personal. What do they look like and how do they act? Draw a picture to help show what they look like, if you want.
Biography: Finally, their backstory. Character depth and all that.

Yeah.

Anyway, another thing I should mention is that all of you have been chosen by a 'Gentlemen', which, in this case, are little kids. The Gentlemen are extremely powerful and all that, by the way, but it is most likely that they'll never fight anyway because GUESS WHAT THEY ARE NOT CONTESTANTS. Basically their names are spinoffs of your usernames so feel free to name them (example: Andrew Warpus). Another note I should make is that, unlike most Roleplays, you can control other people's characters as long as it feels like something they would do and stuff. Another note is that using this to make your character win every fight ever is frowned upon and will likely get you killed.

Prehaps I should also mention that being inactive will do this to you as well. Just look at Dorukomets! HE WAS THE FIRST TO DIE! MWEHEHEHE!

Feel free to ask questions and sign up here. Okayyyyy?

Player List:

Slot One: Blob (Green Mage)
Slot Two: Dirion (Blitz)
Slot Three: Kei Tarr (Kittenpuncher)
Slot Four: Auughan Diffjis (Whimmy)
Slot Five: Markus Quincy (Nate)
Slot Six: Miasme (Keerutaja)
Slot Seven: Aaelaiyah (Brikmaethor)
Slot Eight: Gentlemen Kuma (DH_Ninja)

Last edited by War P. Anda on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 am
Site Moderator

Username: Green
Name: Blob
Race: Slime
Colour: #FFFFFF
Weapon: Itself, as a wrapping, can digest objects inside itself or excret it as a kind of acid, and can grip most objects.
Abilities: It's techically invincible to physical attacks and can ooze itself into any opening. It can also multiply.
Description: It looks like a giant blue-ish blob, the only sounds it ever makes is either something melting, or the faint noise of it moving. It really just wants to wander around and digest stuff.
Biography: Just a basic slime that had its home in a dungeon that adventurers often went in. It eventually decided to go out after eating some poor sap, and wanted more.

there

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Okay fine

But the rest of you had better be more creative

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm
BR Member

Username: DensetsuNoKaboom
Name: Keith Arahan
Race: Good ol' human
Colour: #FF0000
Weapon: It looks like a sword, except instead of having a long blade, it has some sort of large triangle blade thing...I should probably draw it. He has two.
Abilities: ...Could you give an example of what I'm supposed to put here? Explain in further detail?
Description: He's intelligent, though that doesn't mean he can't be a complete idiot at times; somewhat c ocky; a bit of a coward; and hyperactive. Very hyperactive. If he's running away from some deathmachine of super-doom, and sees a butterfly, he'll keep running; but I can guarantee he will be thinking about the butterfly all the way.

I will draw him later.
Biography: I hate making these.

Well, Keith lived a generally normal life up to this point. He had nice parents, he did well in school, all that jazz. Unfortunately for him, however, his father and mother died, and Keith was the prime suspect HAHA LOLNO JUST KIDDING!!! No, what actually happened was his father died, and his mother was the prime suspect. Then, his mother died, and his best friend was held responsible. Then his best friend died, and the first guy roaming the streets of Keith's hometown to be found by the police was held as a suspect. But Keith knows the truth: All of these deaths were accidents. Complete freak accidents!! COMPLETE FREAK ACCIDENTS DANGIT So then the town got thrown into chaos. Keith decided to slip away, for two reasons: First, he didn't want to be caught in all the confusion. Second, he saw a butterfly flying outside the town boundaries, and he can't resist them. He went off, traveling the world, with his weird sword things, generally looking for adventure, excitement, and chocolate-chip cookies.

Note that this is not fully complete, I still need to draw a picture and know what we're supposed to put in the Abilities spot.

Oh, and name one of those gentlemany guys K. A. Boom for me, please.

Last edited by Densetsu on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 am

First off, note that you don't HAVE to draw him. Second, abilities would basically be whatever the heck makes him different from anyone else. Some people that I've seen have been really unique; for example, someone who can conjure up whatever anyone ELSE is thinking of who is now a werewolf because an incedent involving this ability.

Also he should probably have a reason for having these strange triangle swords in the first place

And... why should I name someone K. A. Boom...?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:39 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
War P. Anda wrote:

War P. Anda wrote:

Anyway, another thing I should mention is that all of you have been chosen by a 'Gentlemen', which, in this case, are little kids. The Gentlemen are extremely powerful and all that, by the way, but it is most likely that they'll never fight anyway because GUESS WHAT THEY ARE NOT CONTESTANTS. Basically their names are spinoffs of your usernames so feel free to name them (example: Andrew Warpus).

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:01 am

Username: Key
Name: Kei Tarr
Race: Shadow Demon
Colour: #800000
Weapon: Poison in his claws, when someone is clawed by him the clawed is poisoned, which makes them ill.
Abilities: Shape-shifting, Flying, Manipulate objects, Blending with objects.
Description: He is a winged demon, pitch black, blood red eyes. Long, sharp claws rather than hands. He is a very depressing person, either regretting his deal with the devil, or just part of his manipulation.
Biography: Kei Tarr was a Chinese man working in his cubicle, number 563, every day. Including weekends. He had a 'loving' wife, three 'darling' kids, and one 'cuddly' dog. The only part of his day that he enjoyed, was at 3 AM, when he robbed the 24/7 stores. He never actually had a gun, but a water pistol. It was 3 AM, though. He finally used the money he had 'earned' to buy a gun. That night he shot himself. When arriving to hell, the devil gave him two options. Go on to hell to be tortured for life, or compete in 'Grand Smash', and be the next heir to the devil himself. But only if he wins.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:10 am

Kebin wrote:
War P. Anda wrote:

War P. Anda wrote:

Anyway, another thing I should mention is that all of you have been chosen by a 'Gentlemen', which, in this case, are little kids. The Gentlemen are extremely powerful and all that, by the way, but it is most likely that they'll never fight anyway because GUESS WHAT THEY ARE NOT CONTESTANTS. Basically their names are spinoffs of your usernames so feel free to name them (example: Andrew Warpus).

...Oh, that. Silly me. But Densetsu COULD'VE been a little more specific...

Anyway, accepting Key's submission now~

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Oh, cool thanks. This is gonna be fun.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Key wrote:
Oh, cool thanks. This is gonna be fun.

Assuming, of course, that enough people join. If it takes very long, I'll probably lower it to six people.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Man I already have the ending of my dude's death planned out.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Sounds cool

THAT IS OF COURSE ASSUMING THIS THING STARTS

AND YOU'RE NOT THE BEST PLAYER

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Well his death will be essentially the same as his winning thing. Not giving more info.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
If I could go Auughan Diffjis on this I would totally join.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Whimzer wrote:
If I could go Auughan Diffjis on this I would totally join.

....Ehhhhhh

I mean, it wouldn't really matter because in this thing you can't really godmod, and if you do anything like that you'll obviously be the first to go, but...

What I'm asking here is if you'll actually be able to give him some... personality. He's a joke character and such things, I know, but so was Eximo Pulvis; an undead vacuum cleaner who was written so well that they won the first Grand Battle. Would you be able to write him in such a way that he doesn't seem like so much of a joke character? If you think you can, then by all means go ahead, but I'm warning you; Lutherion Maw's character design got him farther than he would've otherwise, but... well, that also means worse ones could also make you die sooner than later.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:32 am
 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next