The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:14 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
That is probably the most bizarre post I've ever read

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Yes, but after confessing my odd ways to play, I'm feeling really fine now that I let them out.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:46 pm

I know this isnt the Mario Kart thread but i didnt feel like digging it up, this was still on the first page. But anyways, my friend showed me this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=284

It appears the Koopalings will be playable characters in Mario Kart 8. So awesome. Also the retro tracks look pretty crazy with their updates. The new tracks look awesome too.

Oh hey p2k

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 am

MGN Username: CSGD
Currently Playing: Geometry Dash,SSF2
Waifu: Hamakaze
I know and played the series about 8 years ago(first time,it's very cool)

go and hate me on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5ZMno3vgK9qmnwtQ6peMQ

discord account you can hack everytime: Kappaya#8461

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 am
Site Moderator

Remember when everybody was kinda sad that Nintendo had forgotten the Koopa Kids? Do you prefer this?

Personally I can't even begin to care about the characters, but as long as we have Waluigi I'm pleased. I do hope we end up getting Fawful, though. I might actually play him sometimes, when I'm not playing Waluigi.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
As long as i can play as ludwig von koopa i am happy about this

I AM APPLE

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Trailer from the direct, in case anyone missed it
YouTube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631c1fz87I8

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:02 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
The Koopalings are a unique addition, as long as we still have a few cool newcomers then they're welcomed.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 am
YIM WWW

I know no one cares, but I just recently got 3d World (about a week ago), so here's my thoughts.

It's just a really fun game to play. pure fun. For what it is, it's perfect. The controls are great, and each character is unique. I've found myself switching characters based on who would be best for whatever stage i'm playing. But my go to character was Peach, until I unlocked Rosalina. It's nice that once you beat the story mode theres a bunch of extra worlds, and an extra character. Lots of cool references to other Mario games, and that one really cool Zelda reference. Usually the references are more subtle, but we got an entire screen taken up by Links 8 bit sprite, and Zelda music. There's probably other references I haven't seen yet, too. I love the soundtrack too. (Athletic 2 ftw) And the multiplayer is great fun, but it's so much easier if you're trying to collect everything to do it on your own. I was pleasantly surprised by how challenging some of the stages were. Most of them were much more difficult because I always try to collect everything, but still. Some stages took me much longer then they should have lmao. I haven't beaten it yet, just unlocked the mushroom world.

Also I'm happy to see that Rosalina is basically part of the core Mario group now. She's been playable in a bunch of games, and now with her in this and Smash Bros., she's here to stay. I actually didn't like her that much when I first played Galaxy because I thought she looked too similar to Peach (ik, stupid reasoning)

Short version: Super Mario 3D World is really good.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 pm
YIM WWW

:cry: I still got to solve a problem with the Wii U, as of now, Super Mario 3D World remains the only Mario platformer I haven't even played yet, god I haven't even seen raw material that isn't a video. Talk about something sad and if I continue this way, I will probably miss Mario Kart 8 too and even worse, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I get my hopes high this issue gets solved by April though.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:18 am

Byllant wrote:
:cry: I still got to solve a problem with the Wii U, as of now, Super Mario 3D World remains the only Mario platformer I haven't even played yet, god I haven't even seen raw material that isn't a video. Talk about something sad and if I continue this way, I will probably miss Mario Kart 8 too and even worse, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I get my hopes high this issue gets solved by April though.

You even played all the New Super Mario Bros. titles??

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 am
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:
Byllant wrote:

I got to play New Super Mario Bros. U, but then this issue presented, and I got no chance to finish it.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Byllant wrote:
[NU] wrote:
Byllant wrote:

I got to play New Super Mario Bros. U, but then this issue presented, and I got no chance to finish it.

I meant the other ones. The only one I played was the wii one. I got pissed every time they announced another one.

Meanwhile, I just spent the past couple hours trying to beat the final level in 3D world. (crown-crown). Holy s*** it took me so long.

Now to get 4 hours of sleep and go to class in the morning.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:20 am
YIM WWW

The thing about NSMB is

The first game was both a great game and genuinely "new" - first original sidescrolling platformer Mario game since Land 2 and first "main" Mario game since Sunshine. 14 and 4 year gap respectively. It kinda needed to be made

Then we get NSMBWii which is pretty samey but multiplayer is a big addition that makes up for it

And then we get the other two games and no f*** you this is the same s***

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:36 am
Site Moderator

Kyuubit Level Three wrote:
And then we get the other two games and no f*** you this is the same s***

I've said it before, but it would've been so easy to rebrand NSMB2 as New Super Wario Bros. s***, it's about coin collecting to begin with. Just model swap Mario/Luigi with Wario and Waluigi and I legitimately might've picked up the game. Just seems like a huge wasted opportunity to me

That said I realize NSMB is their huge cash cow so they wouldn't risk alienating the super casual market like that

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:33 am
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 165  Next