The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 am

[ 13 posts ] 
Can anyone give me a tier list? 

MGN Username: FalconPawnch643ds
I need to know what characters are viable or not, so can someone give me a tier list of the current version of SSF2.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:04 pm

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42323
kinda out dated but here

Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:33 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Something that's important to know when interpreting SSF2 tier lists is that, unlike most other Smash games, every character is viable: if you really like a character, even a low-tier, just go with it!

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=43253

best tier list tbh

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:15 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Something that's important to know when interpreting SSF2 tier lists is that, unlike most other Smash games, every character is viable: if you really like a character, even a low-tier, just go with it!

.... besides this f*** :kirby:

Click to expand thumbnail
Main: Jigs, Bowser
Secondaries: The rest of the cast.
I Really Want To Play But Hes Really Bad: Kirby
~Yay! I love being the only solomain!~

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:20 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
FalconPawnchSSF2 wrote:
I need to know what characters are viable or not, so can someone give me a tier list of the current version of SSF2.

SS: :zelda:
S: :fox:
:marth:
:donkeykong:
:metaknight:
A: :sheik:
:zerosuitsamus:
:blackmage:
:kirby:
:pikachu:
B: :bomberman:
:captainfalcon:
:samus:
:ichigo:
:peach:
:goku:
C: :naruto:
:jigglypuff:
:tails:
:mario:
:megaman:
:link:
:ness:
D: :sonic:
:yoshi:
:sora:
:chibirobo:
:wario:

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
FalconPawnchSSF2 wrote:

SS: :zelda: / S: :fox: :marth: :donkeykong: :metaknight: / A: :sheik: :zerosuitsamus: :blackmage: :kirby: :pikachu: / B: :bomberman: :captainfalcon: :samus: :ichigo: :peach: :goku: / C: :naruto: :jigglypuff: :tails: :mario: :megaman: :link: :ness: / D: :sonic: :yoshi: :sora: :chibirobo: :wario:

• You forgot Lloyd entirely.
  • Zelda is not better than the swordfighters.
  • Naruto last among the anime characters? Ichigo first among the anime characters?
  • DK is good, but not supreme. He only seems that way online because of his relatively low learning curve.
  • Yoshi at the bottom?

I could go on, but I don't think there's a need to. This isn't supposed to be a detailed refutation, I'm just pointing out that you might wanna think it over in general again.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:16 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Harr Turnpike wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
FalconPawnchSSF2 wrote:

SS: :zelda: / S: :fox: :marth: :donkeykong: :metaknight: / A: :sheik: :zerosuitsamus: :blackmage: :kirby: :pikachu: / B: :bomberman: :captainfalcon: :samus: :ichigo: :peach: :goku: / C: :naruto: :jigglypuff: :tails: :mario: :megaman: :link: :ness: / D: :sonic: :yoshi: :sora: :chibirobo: :wario:

• You forgot Lloyd entirely.
  • Zelda is not better than the swordfighters.
  • Naruto last among the anime characters? Ichigo first among the anime characters?
  • DK is good, but not supreme. He only seems that way online because of his relatively low learning curve.
  • Yoshi at the bottom?

I could go on, but I don't think there's a need to.

SS:
:zelda: Her hitboxes are unreasonably large, she has little to now hitlag, and her knockback is insane. She also has a tool to force the opponent to approach.
:lloyd: You're right. I did forget him, surprisingly enough. Lloyd can do absolutely anything out of up b, which makes his combo game completely unrivaled. On top of that, his range is indomitable.
S:
:fox: I mean, it's got the power and combos of melee fox without the wavedash or l-cancel. On top of that, he can combo shine into anything and nair into shine.
:marth: His range is (suprisingly enough) too short. Because of this, it's much easier to land tippers. The best example of this is Fsmash.
:donkeykong: His range is stupidly large, his moves come out way too quickly, they all have a large amount of damage and knockback, and his up b not only has a hitbox that deals enough knockback to guarantee a failed edgeguard attempt, but it also has armor and is impossible to hit unless you attack his head or his feet.
:metaknight: He has great combo game, great speed, multiple jumps, and his moved come out quickly with little endlag. The thing that makes him stand out, however, is his priority. His priority allows him to beat out other characters' moves with ease.
A:
:sheik: Great mobility, great recovery, decent kill power, and goof combo game.
:zerosuitsamus: Good mobility, great recovery in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, and great range and knockback on enough moves to make a difference.
:blackmage: He has stage control, good combo game, and extremely safe recovery.
:kirby: Although his mobility is laughable at best, his combo game in the hands of someone competent is astounding. His aerials all serve their own purpose, and they all have deceptively good range. He has several reliable kill setups with bair, and his recovery is the best in the game due to the number of options he has.
:pikachu: Great mobility, good combo game, good kill options, and great recovery in the hands of someone competent.
B:
:bomberman: He has the best stage control in the game. Unfortunately, he has bad mobility and bad combo game, holding him back from being better.
:captainfalcon: Great mobility, good combo game, and great kill options and setups. The thing holding him back is hid terrible recovery. It's unsafe and easily gimpable.
:samus: Best projectiles in the game, great combo game, and great stage control. She makes best use of the chargestack. Unfortunately, she does not have very much good representation, so I don't think we've seen her full potential.
:ichigo: Despite his speed being bad, he has a pseudo-wavedash, good stage control, great range, one of the safest recoveries in the game, and great knockback.
:peach: She has good stage control, great air game, and good neutral. Despite this, she has little notable representation and because of this, I don't think we've seen her full potential.
:goku: He has the Kaio ken and a float, but once again, like with peach and Samus, there isn't enough notable representation.
C:
:naruto: Despite Naruto mains seeming like monsters at the game to newer players, his moves can actually be really easy to punish if you know what you're doing and play defensively. His side special can be easily powershielded, and if you hit Naruto with his own projectile in this way, it can easily throw him off. You can then easily take advantage of this with most characters and follow up with either a combo, kill setup, or kill move. There are countless other ways to read and/or punish a Naruto main, but I just went with the most common complaint and spammed move.
:jigglypuff: Bad mobility, bad combo game, and an easily gimpable and bad vertical recovery. We have definitely seen her potential as a high-tier due to Chaunch's endeavors, but the fact still stands that she's not a good character.
:tails: Once again, he doesn't have proper representation. I suspect that his Tailsdash technique could easily make him an A-tier character, but there are few tails mains who use this optimally. I see this as a case of Sm4sh Yoshi: great tools, but not enough representation to show whether or not these tools make him a great character.
:mario: Despite his great tools, he doesn't have enough range or priority to beat other characters, and he doesn't have a good enough combo game to take advantage of getting one hit in.
:megaman: Despite his more easily spammable moves (rocks and fire sword), he's combo food and his recovery is the most easily gimpable in the game.
:link: Despite him having good mobility, safe recovery, good knockback, and a truly broken kill move, his best representation is currently IchigoRamen. We haven't seen his full potential, and from what I've seen, he's only this good.
:ness: He has a pseudo-wavedash, good projectiles, a way to HEAL HIMSELF, and good aerial game, his recovery and tendency to stay in the air puts him in this spot.
D:
:sonic: Despite the Slow Spindash, he still hasn't had representation to show off how good he can be. Because of this, I'm placing him at the top of D tier.
:yoshi: His recovery, despite being safer than Ness's, is worse. He's also combo food and easily punishable.
:sora: Despite him having a good amount of great representation and great tools, his priority and bad recovery keeps him this low. Even the people who main him, despite being as good (or spammy, take your pick) as they are, they still agree that Sora is trash.
:chibirobo: Despite Skailler showing that Chibi can be a great character, his priority makes him one of the worst in the game. His fsmash can be beat out by a jab. It's seriously that bad.
:wario: He has great tools and good mobility, but all characters have options that can deal with his. This makes him a seemingly bad character compared to the other characters.

Keep in mind that all characters are still viable, regardless of their ranking on any tier list. If you like the way a character feels, just main them. Push the character to their limits. Expand, no, revolutionize the metagame. Just keep on pushing and you can change something.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
I get PTSD attacks every time people place Goku so low...

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:00 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41540 I'm triggered that you guys didn't put this legendary tier list. Nothing gets better than this.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:43 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
^Ah Yes, A Good Old Throwback To The Golden Days When The King Was Still Around. I Do Kinda Miss That Guy, Hope He Comes Back And Livens Things Up Around Here.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:35 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I Knew I Chose The Right Main When Mario Was In Top 4

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:32 pm

SS
1. :metaknight:
2. :fox:

S+:
3. :lloyd:
4. :marth:

S-
5.:pikachu: