The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:02 pm

[ 12 posts ] 
Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game 

the first multiplayer platformer fighting game for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

I started this project in March 2013, and have since really made some improvements. It has a long way to go, but in the same time, it's a point where it is ready for it's first release. The main discussion happens on smashboards at smashboards.com/threads/smash-clash-the-mobile-multiplayer-platformer-fighting-game.334956/

Gameplay
It uses touch screen controls. There is a joystick, two attack buttons and a jump button. The gameplay is similar to Smash Bros, but has many differences as it needed to be simplified for mobile.

Programming Language
LUA using Corona SDK

Design Docs
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put here. My workflow for programming the app is using Sublime and Corona SDK...I hope that's what I'm supposed to mention.

Website
http://www.smashclashapp.com

Team Members (Credits)
Usernames are from smashboards.com

Programming
Joe Hinkle

Stage Art
Felipe Diaz
Brian Hinkle
Christian Hinkle
Luke Johnson

Item Art
Alis
Brian Hinkle
Tyler Bidell (UltimateXsniper)

Character Art
Brian Hinkle
Aniforlife
Ricardo Peña (Karakato Dzo)
Anthony Capodieci (SheldonRandoms)
InnerMobius

Music by
jaysummers759885
K-Pone
Felipe Diaz
Justin West
NikeThe Sword

Video Editing
Carter Hinkle
Christian Hinkle

Website Development
Jake Whittaker

Sound Effect
http://www.freesfx.co.uk

Project Status
RELEASING AUGUST 3RD

Trailer
YouTube Video:

Download
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... shclashapp (link will be broken until it's published in the next few hours)
Apple App Store (iOS still under development)
Windows App Store (WP8 still under development)

RELEASE DATE IS AUGUST 3RD

Last edited by joe7 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:14 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
This looks quite intriguing, any possibility of a PC port? With Microsoft attempting to unify Windows development, moving it from WP to PC shouldn't be hard.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Revan wrote:
This looks quite intriguing, any possibility of a PC port? With Microsoft attempting to unify Windows development, moving it from WP to PC shouldn't be hard.

I hope so. That would be awesome. I'm still waiting for Corona SDK to support WP8, once it does we can move from there.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
joe7 wrote:
Revan wrote:

I hope so. That would be awesome. I'm still waiting for Corona SDK to support WP8, once it does we can move from there.

Nice to hear!

That being said, you might want to remove the word "Super" from your name or something. It's close enough - and it appears you're selling this - that a C&D might be possible.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:08 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
I beta tested this, it's pretty legit! Excited that it's gonna be released now :)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 am

Revan wrote:
joe7 wrote:
Revan wrote:

Nice to hear!

That being said, you might want to remove the word "Super" from your name or something. It's close enough - and it appears you're selling this - that a C&D might be possible.

I think the worst thing that would happen would be that I get a warning from Nintendo, and then I'd change some stuff.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:40 am

Super Smash Clash will be live in the next few hour at this link! It will appear broken until it's publish so come back later this afternoon and try it. Download it and rate it 5 stars so that we can have a chance at the top charts!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.impactgamesstudio.games.supersmashclashapp

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:41 am

MGN Username: TheRealHeroOfWinds
I remember seeing this on Smash boards. This could use a lot of work and become a great game. But Iwonder, why use Crusade's Battlefield?

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 am

TheRealHeroOfWinds wrote:
I remember seeing this on Smash boards. This could use a lot of work and become a great game. But Iwonder, why use Crusade's Battlefield?

We started about a year ago so it's got some ways to go. One of our artists used to work on Crusade.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
It looks like you're trying to trick people into buying it by making it look a lot like Smash Bros while it isn't. The characters, stages don't look very interesting to me and the visuals are below avarage, so I'm not gonna give this a shot, but congrats on finishing a smash clone for phones, I heard it was quite difficult.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Steven wrote:
It looks like you're trying to trick people into buying it by making it look a lot like Smash Bros while it isn't. The characters, stages don't look very interesting to me and the visuals are below avarage, so I'm not gonna give this a shot, but congrats on finishing a smash clone for phones, I heard it was quite difficult.

Does it look like it's tricking people? I don't want to do that. I'm trying to show people that it's the only viable mobile brawler out there.

Tell me how you like it :)

Btw I'm working on a iOS port which should be out soon, and I'm working on online multiplayer.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 pm

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
So... Do I "Press Start" or just "Touch the Screen"?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:34 pm
 [ 12 posts ]