The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
Forum RPG Board Game 
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Hello, everyone! You may remember me as the guy who hosted Kung-Pow! Mafia, McleodGaming TableTop Battle, McleodGaming Survival!, and Forum Mario Party. But if you don't, I'm a guy who likes to make up random games and put them up on random forums for people to play.

Anyway, it's been like, 5 years since my last game on here, so I've decided to take a little project of mine that I've been planning out since then and finally putting it to paper, so to speak. Now unlike my previous games, where I would post this massive wall of text explaining all of the rules, I've decided to do something different this time. I'm just going to give you guys a few basic things just to tell you what's up.

• This game is essentially an RPG in board game form.
  • You run around a board, fighting monsters and leveling up, just like any other RPG.
  • A Major Objective will appear at some arbitrarily chosen point in the game.
  • Whoever completes this objective first will win the game.
  • The game will split players into 4-6 groups, each one representing one of the game's heroes. These groups will be chosen in a manner that I deem fit.
  • Each member of a group will communicate with each other to decide on which action to use for the turn, based on a list of possible actions I give for that turn.
  • I suggest the players get a team lead of some kind to give the teams' chosen answer, rather than resorting to whoever speaks the loudest.
  • Unlike previous games, there is no player cutoff. If a game is currently in progress, each player who signs up will be automatically assigned to one of the current teams.
  • There are many other rules to the game, but these will come up over the course of the game, as the actions relevant to them are taken. I want to reveal everything at a slow enough rate that no one feels overwhelmed.

Anyway, with that out of the way, signups are now open. Feel free to ask any questions about the rules stated above, in case you need more clarification.

Signups:
1. Kittenpuncher

Last edited by Dark Ermac on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:45 pm
BR Member

Second post reserved for the more expansive ruleset. This will be updated every time I make an update to the rules.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Waifu: I'm married
i'll play

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:26 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

Okay then. I should probably mention that I'll need at least 4 players before we begin.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:48 pm
 [ 4 posts ]