The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:11 pm

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next
Captain Falcon 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
f*** around with CPUs offline actually has uses... Sour Knee seems to Jab Reset. Just wanted to throw that in, kinda curious to see who will bring that in a combo.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Well, Knee still has 7 frames of landlag, so depending on the opponent you can still land and grab them but not much else.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:02 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Completely useless info, but I will personally write you a poem if you can land this. Jab -> Falcon Punch works on Fox at around 320% if you can jump on a platform to do the punch and they don't DI it.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:33 pm

If not already found out, I found it you Turn on Turbo and Use Captain Falcon's Side O, Up O, Air Side O, and Down O in that order AND timed with air time and account the damage already on opponent, You can build up a massive combo and damage the opponent immensely. The best I could do when the opponent had 0% damage was around 50% Each time I succeeded in what I call, For Captain Falcon, a Rush Combo. Like I said someone might have posted this and figured it out, but if not, They now do. This helps greatly in competitive matches with your friends and others. A downside is that you must time it well, have a decent amount of experience with Captain Falcon and that it CAN be negated if the opponent quickly air dodges. I hope I helped you become better using Captain Falcon. Even slightly better is good enough. :captainfalcon: :captainfalcon: :captainfalcon:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:37 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
coolspy74 wrote:
Turn on Turbo

Quote:
competitive matches

Not commonly used for competitive matches.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:27 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
coolspy74 , bro I just tried that on a CPU and.....IT. GOT. OWNED. 8-)

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:58 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
On a more professional note;
http://gfycat.com/ClassicUnfinishedGar
if only I had full hopped :(

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:07 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Well, since people are posting beta changelists for their characters, allow me to share mine for Falcon. Hopefully these will happen, and we can get an even more fun and balanced character out of the speed demon.

Buffs:
-Increase KB on jab3, the Gentleman (still unsafe on shield)
-Add meteor smash on uptilt's later frames
-Give upsmash a hitbox that actually hits people
-Give fsmash strong shield damage, also more fire effects
-Increase the damage on Knee by one percent
-Reduce the hitlag Falcon goes through on soft knee to a couple frames rather than the same as if he had landed a hard Knee
-Increase the KB on the Tipman semi-spike on his uair at lower percents (the scaling can stay the same)
-Remove the weak hit from his bair, keep it strong throughout
-Let reverse Falcon Punch deal 3% more, and have more hitlag
-Grounded Falcon Kick should always send on a trajectory under 45 degrees
-Aerial Falcon Kick spikes on the first couple of frames
-Aerial Falcon Kick autocancels if you land before the hitbox comes out
-Aerial Raptor Boost hits people on the edge
-Grounded Raptor Boost becomes a kill move at 100% (on Puff)
-Falcon Dive always gives Falcon more height than from the point he hit his target
-Falcon Dive is covered in flames, causing Falcon to burn an opponent if they get too close (not unlike Fox's upB) dealing 1%. This won't interfere with the grab hitbox
-Add 2 more taunts
-Give bthrow better scaling to become a kill move.

Nerfs:
-Take away one active frame from his bair
-Add more endlag to aerial Falcon kick
-Falcon Punch comes out slower

More or Less Neutral Changes:
-Add HYESZ!!! sound effect to Knee, Nipple Spike, and Fsmash (on successful hit of course)
-Double the hitlag on sweetspot Knee
-Give Falcon a red, almost flame-like aura/glow around him

I think you'll find it hard to disagree with these changes, these are exactly the kind of changes Falcon needs to succeed in the betagame. I've tried to keep this list as fair as possible to the rest of the roster, after all, anyone can just set KBG and BKB to be obscenely high amounts. To prove I'm not unbiased, I even made sure to nerf Falcon as well.

I'm sure you will all agree, that these aren't just the changes Falcon deserves, but the changes he needs. If you disagree, I find your lack of faith disturbing. You may think that I was so wrapped up in whether or not I could, I forgot to ask whether or not I should. I assure you, this is not madness. With these changes, a skilled Falcon can beat any Fox.

Kappa

In truth, the only things I think should be changed about Falcon is the hitlag on soft knee being reduced, upB giving height on successful hit, and jab1 having less KB or having more KB but a lower trajectory, giving fthrow more KB but more endlag, and giving him a frame or two more of endlag on his d-spec midair version. The rest of him can stay the same lol

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:51 pm
BR Member

Really, I think Falcon will get balanced as the characters around him change. He has tools in this game, but the top tiers are too good, kinda like Mario. If MK and Lloyd aren't terrible MU's, he'll be fine.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Using Captain Falcon to spike is fun. :captainfalcon:

Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:43 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I'd give Jab-1 just 1-frame more of startup-lag and ending-lag. Less Jab-1 into itself, frame-traps into Smashes or SH Knee, and neutral wake-up Jab being a better option from knockdown than Get-up Attack. But Jab > Grab and full Jab-combo will still connect as they should.

Oh, and for Raptor-Boost to have ending-lag like other recovery Specials when the aerial version whiffs.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm

I don't know. I find Falcon to be really predictable. I faced so many that I know there patterns. I swear Falcon will always go for the same combos, but those combo actually require you to flow with them. A combo I often see is d-throw, to u-air, and then to f-air (usually near the edge of the stage). The thing is... I use to jump in an attempt to get back the stage. This would always result in me getting f-aired. Then I realized... Just be patient. This has resulted in me doing much better when playing against Falcon. It just seems like a lot of his combos require opponents to flow with them.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:59 pm
BR Member

Falcon is based in no small part off of reading your opponent. A good Falcon will either go for guaranteed damage (dthrow -> uair -> knee is sometimes inescapable if they DI out the dthrow) or reads (fthrow -> dair, dthrow -> tech-chase -> Knee). If they just let you avoid combos by not jumping, they're not very good.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:38 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Godot wrote:
Well, since people are posting beta changelists for their characters, allow me to share mine for Falcon. Hopefully these will happen, and we can get an even more fun and balanced character out of the speed demon.

Buffs:
-Increase KB on jab3, the Gentleman (still unsafe on shield)
-Add meteor smash on uptilt's later frames
-Give upsmash a hitbox that actually hits people
-Give fsmash strong shield damage, also more fire effects
-Increase the damage on Knee by one percent
-Reduce the hitlag Falcon goes through on soft knee to a couple frames rather than the same as if he had landed a hard Knee
-Increase the KB on the Tipman semi-spike on his uair at lower percents (the scaling can stay the same)
-Remove the weak hit from his bair, keep it strong throughout
-Let reverse Falcon Punch deal 3% more, and have more hitlag
-Grounded Falcon Kick should always send on a trajectory under 45 degrees
-Aerial Falcon Kick spikes on the first couple of frames
-Aerial Falcon Kick autocancels if you land before the hitbox comes out
-Aerial Raptor Boost hits people on the edge
-Grounded Raptor Boost becomes a kill move at 100% (on Puff)
-Falcon Dive always gives Falcon more height than from the point he hit his target
-Falcon Dive is covered in flames, causing Falcon to burn an opponent if they get too close (not unlike Fox's upB) dealing 1%. This won't interfere with the grab hitbox
-Add 2 more taunts
-Give bthrow better scaling to become a kill move.

Nerfs:
-Take away one active frame from his bair
-Add more endlag to aerial Falcon kick
-Falcon Punch comes out slower

More or Less Neutral Changes:
-Add HYESZ!!! sound effect to Knee, Nipple Spike, and Fsmash (on successful hit of course)
-Double the hitlag on sweetspot Knee
-Give Falcon a red, almost flame-like aura/glow around him

I think you'll find it hard to disagree with these changes, these are exactly the kind of changes Falcon needs to succeed in the betagame. I've tried to keep this list as fair as possible to the rest of the roster, after all, anyone can just set KBG and BKB to be obscenely high amounts. To prove I'm not unbiased, I even made sure to nerf Falcon as well.

I'm sure you will all agree, that these aren't just the changes Falcon deserves, but the changes he needs. If you disagree, I find your lack of faith disturbing. You may think that I was so wrapped up in whether or not I could, I forgot to ask whether or not I should. I assure you, this is not madness. With these changes, a skilled Falcon can beat any Fox.

Kappa

In truth, the only things I think should be changed about Falcon is the hitlag on soft knee being reduced, upB giving height on successful hit, and jab1 having less KB or having more KB but a lower trajectory, giving fthrow more KB but more endlag, and giving him a frame or two more of endlag on his d-spec midair version. The rest of him can stay the same lol

You put adding in two more taunts as a plus. I like your thinking

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:21 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Godot wrote:
Well, since people are posting beta changelists for their characters, allow me to share mine for Falcon.

I agreed with everything except taking the weak hit from bair. Then we'd just have another stupid Fox bair
the meteor on utilt seems a bit op as well

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:06 am
 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next