The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
SSF2 Suggestions Thread v2 

MGN Username: Rollaboy
Currently Playing: SSF2, Terraria, Spelunky and whatever else Cthulhu brings me.
Waifu: Shoggoth. Tekeli-li.
I feel like :sandbag: would be better off with a firework instead of a bomb for his recovery. Being a two part where he straps the rocket on his back. This would make the move more reliable in my opinion, with less chance (but still a chance) of going sour. RNG to dictate in which rocket he ends up mounted to once they split.
Perhaps even give him a little helmet? :colonthree:

Main:Image Secondary: Image

Image The satisfaction of making your own art is something truly remarkable. :colonthree:

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:19 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
I think the Home-Run Bat needs to spawn a bit further from the edge of the stadium in HRC.

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
Make Final Destination's orange colored variant an alternate form for the stage.

out of ideas here '-'

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:34 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Get some changes!

Make Pichu's Final Smash has an Recoil Damage.

Have :kirby: swings left/right with his Final Cutter like Project M did.

Give :goku: a True Colors.

Have :luigi: a new running look.

Make :pacman: Power Pellet don't throw him to helpless.

Make Mother Brain no longer traps smashers.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:21 pm

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
RDash75 wrote:
Make Pichu's Final Smash has an Recoil Damage.

Make :pacman: Power Pellet don't throw him to helpless.

1: Pichu's final smash already deals 15% total recoil damage
2: You can jump out of Pac-Man's SideB (I assume that's what you mean by power pellet), but if you already used your air jump beforehand, then it leaves you helpless

I don't have any suggestions in particular, as i can't really think of any

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 am

What Do You Guys Think Waluigi, Ryu, :krystal: , :sora: , and :simon: final Smashs Should Be?

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:14 am

MGN Username: Rollaboy
Currently Playing: SSF2, Terraria, Spelunky and whatever else Cthulhu brings me.
Waifu: Shoggoth. Tekeli-li.
So, I've read on the wiki that :wario: 's 10th palette swap (the pink and grey one that changes his teeth) is based off of the game Clarence's Big Chance. And if I recall correctly the main character wears wooden shoes (he even gets the nickname of "Cloggers"in it). I think it'd be a nice touch to change Wario's walking sfx to a wood-like one.
Although all of this information might be wrong. It's been a few years since I've played that game.

Main:Image Secondary: Image

Image The satisfaction of making your own art is something truly remarkable. :colonthree:

Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Y'know how in Brawl, if Snake dies and he had planted a down smash landmine beforehand, that landmine explodes immediately?
Maybe that function can apply to Bomberman's bombs?
If he dies, all of his bombs on stage explodes immediately.

just a thought.

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 pm
YIM WWW

1. Make attacks beat grabs. The only way to beat something like Bag Side-B is to have super good reading and timing, and it's really annoying. Landing a disjointed move should always win even if your hurtbox touches the grab hitbox.

2. Give clanking endlag instead of just being turbo mode.

3. Speaking of turbo mode, fix that if possible. Sometimes it causes moves to no longer exist unless you SD.

4. Maybe controversial, but I think they should make dashing like Ultimate (you can cancel the dash cooldown into anything, like another dash, a move, shield etc.). I know you can cancel it by crouching but that's an unnecessary button press, like L-cancelling in Melee. Plus it'll be easier for controllers as well as for people like me who get used to Ultimate (a lot of people).

Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Battle_Cats_Gamer wrote:
3. Speaking of turbo mode, fix that if possible. Sometimes it causes moves to no longer exist unless you SD.

Turbo mode, despite its "zero endlag" thing, will still prevent the player from using the same move several times in a row to force them to go for combos rather than just spamming the same attack over and over again (though you can still infinite with certain combos, so..... yeah...), you have to land a different attack to be able to use the one that got "disabled"

And again, i can't really think of a suggestion to make up for this post, sorry.

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Here’s my suggestions for improving the controls.
For reference, I play with a DualShock 4 using the d-pad for movement, with tap jump disabled.

1) Fix diagonal up-airs.
In the official Smash games, I can hold up+left/up+right and press Attack to use up-airs while moving horizontally through the air, which allows characters to preserve their momentum and microadjust where their uairs land (especially useful with characters like Fox or Link). In SSF2, holding up+left/up+right and pressing Attack causes back-airs or forward-airs to come out, which honestly doesn’t serve any practical purpose. When I’m forced to stop moving before inputting uairs, it slows the character’s aerial momentum and makes uairs more imprecise to land, which limits aerial combos to an unnecessary degree. If you’re already moving and/or inputting fairs/bairs, there’s no reason to hold up during these actions, because up already controls other actions that don’t overlap with horizontal movement that much. It’s a really arbitrary design choice that conflicts with otherwise sensible choices for input range elsewhere. For example:

Upward diagonal+special performs up-b,
Downward diagonal+special performs down-b,
Upward diagonal+ground attack performs up-tilt,
Downward diagonal+ground attack performs down-tilt, then forward-tilt (Weird, but whatever),
Downward diagonal+aerial attack performs down-air.

So why does upward diagonal+aerial attack perform back-air/forward-air? It makes no sense and makes the controls feel awkward. If this can’t be brought on as a permanent fix, at least give us an optional control setting that widens the detection range for uairs.

And yes, I know that I can use the c-stick for aerials, but that doesn’t address the core issue.

2) Fix tilts from partial analog presses.
A huge problem with performing tilts on an analog stick is that it’s too easy to accidentally input a smash attack. This is because the timing window for smash attacks doesn’t make any exceptions for partial analog presses as opposed to the main Smash games, so if a partial tilt press is executed too quickly, a smash will come out instead. This makes tilts really finicky with a stick, so I propose the solution of making smashes also dependent on how far the stick is pressed. That way, tilts and smashes never overlap.

3) There should be 4 individual taunt bindings. The taunt modifier key is not enough, especially because it overlaps with character movement, forcing unnecessary actions like dashing from side taunts.

4) Independent crouch/drop/fastfall binding.

5) Independent jab/nair binding.

6) Chargeable C-Stick smashes.

7) Angled smash attacks/tilts.
Having the ability to angle forward-smashes/tilts would fix certain range issues like Luigi and Sora’s fsmash being unable to hit the ledge or knocked-down characters, and Peach would benefit from Smash Ultimate’s solution to her fsmash weapon selection. It would just be all-around useful overall.

8) Allow aerials/specials immediately out of jumpsquats, just don’t have an arbitrary delay between jumping and using aerials/specials.

9) Enable ledgegrabs from down+left/down+right inputs like in the other Smash games, it would prevent accidental self-destructs from trying to fastfall recovery specials toward the sweetspot, like with Mario and Luigi’s up-b. Holding down by itself would still ignore the ledge, obviously.

Also, it would be pretty awesome to have SSBU’s universal dash cancelling mechanics applied to SSF2.

Last edited by MuigiLario on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm

How about a Training Mode option where you can toggle move staleness? (and toggling it off then back on would "reset" the freshness)
It took me way too long to realize moves don't stale in Training mode, and there were a few times i had to instead go to Group Smash and control a player 2 with Energy Tank item enabled just so i could test how much can stale-move negation affect certain attacks

Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
Make events not suck a**

Please

Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:29 am

MGN Username: MegucoRepi
Don't waste time modifying events, that's my suggestion.

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:09 am

Since personalized victory quotes is possible now, add more personalized quotes to a few more characters.

Fox to Falco: "Better luck next time, Falco"
Falco to Fox: "You're off your game, Fox"
Krystal to Fox: idk maybe a line from assault?
Sora to G&W: idk a line about heartless?

Mario to Sonic: "SEGA does what Nintendon't: goes third-party!"
i swear if some toxic sonic fan took the above quote seriously....

Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:37 am
YIM WWW
 [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next