The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 am

[ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Your SSF2 Mode Ideas (Read the OP before posting) 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
I've seen threads like this on other forums for the official smash games and thought it might be fun.

Post your original ideas for modes to be added to SSF2. This might include anything from a special mode to a new stadium event to something entirely new. Use your imagination!

Please note that this is for original ideas only. Do not post things that are in the official Smash Bros. games in this topic.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon
>in b4 Final Form recommendations.

When SSF2 v.9b is released

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:16 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
DJC Mode: Every character gets Yoshi's double jump.

FC Mode: Every character gets Peach's float.

Hitbox Mode: On hit, show the hitboxes of the characters involved during hitlag. Effects can be toned down to compensate.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 pm

MGN Username: Airra
Two ideas from this unimportant peasant:

Smash Golf (Terrible name, indeed):
A Stadium mode with a several specialized stages not unlike Target Smash. The mode will have a starting platform similar to Homerun Contest and a goal platform/box/mysterious-highlighted-region.

The goal of the mode is to knock Sandbag from the starting platform to the goal area. Unlike Homerun Contest, the player isn't limited to a single solid hit, followed by watching Sandbag fly off into the distance. Instead, the player actively chases Sandbag to knock him through the course.

The easy mode stage would probably be something simple with limited obstacles, with subsequent difficulties offering more complex mazes that encourage the player to really make use of their Smash physics to launch and bounce Sandbag all over.

In a sense, it's something of a mix between Homerun Contest and Race to the Finish. Show off how much of your life you spent Smashing by sending everyone the replay of that time you went and cleared the most intense difficulty in just under 24.6 seconds.

My second idea is for an added special mode option: Fall speed modifier.

All characters in the game either get increased fall speed at about Fox's fall speed, or all become super floaty slow fallers like Jigglypuff. (Not to be confused with the Gravity setting, which affects jump height and knockback.)

Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:12 am

Currently Playing: SSF2
Superarmour Mode

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Custom Target Test: A mode that allows you to create your own Target Test Levels, with the following features:
-Music: Being able to choose your own music from the game itself or from your own computer.
-The mode would work similarly to Brawl's Stage Builder, just that this version would feature different types of Blocks and Backgrounds so you can create your own stage themes (like Donkey Kong or Super Mario Bros styled blocks)
Another mode idea:
Rumble Mode:
Allows you to fight a full army of characters a-lá All-Star Mode.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Special Mode

Sponsorship: Same effects as the one in sanic ball. More for the laughs.

Wingman: A copy of yourself by your side (Ice Climber thing)

Stadium Stages

Olympics: A full set of all Stadium gamemode to compete who is the best. Playablility online would make this mode certainly fun. After all stadium mode are finished, your results are shown, and a grade or a score is given based on your results.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Roulette mode : Upon death, activate a roulette to give your opponent a random handicap.

Flight mode: Everyone has infinite jumps. >.>

Pose mode: A point mode where you must be taunting when your opponent dies for the kill to count.

King of the Hill: Be the last one to score a kill before time runs out to win.

Degen Mode: Everyone's % gradually increases as the fight continues.

Lock mode: As a fight progresses, a random attack gets locked (upb does not get locked I suppose). Only one lock is placed at a time. Locks do not pile.

Lock Mode 2: Once you hit with an attack that attack cannot be used again twice in a row.

Coin Mode (needs a name): Same thing as the vs level in Super Mario Bros 3 with the pipe in the middle where the coins fly out. Cellect the coins and avoid Fireballs (and other players). Should the fireballs ohko though?

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:28 am

MGN Username: Sachamel
With your first two ideas you made me remember stuff I always wanted in smash haha:

-"Crew Mode" (or whatever it's called) they have on P:M. Basically after every stock you start as a new character.

-Endless falling, where all you can do is aerial attacks and specials, could compliment well with the aforementioned Flight mode.

Btw, is a mode like the first one I said even possible to do?

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:39 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Up to them for sure. They just said Ideas though So I'm just throwing stuff out there. What I really want them to add is a point system like from Melee.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:54 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Starkiller2 wrote:

Omg, hyesz. That is my dream right there.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:10 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Zalozis wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:

Omg, hyesz. That is my dream right there.

The juggles are real in DJC mode, and can't forget FC knees :D
I wonder if Fox could waveshine in FC mode? Shine->float out forward->land->shine, it seems possible if he gets decent horizontal float speed. Although I guess this would be called "float shining" lol

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:30 am
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
All-Star Versus Mode: Most commonly seen mode here. The one where each stock represent different characters, but I propose the up the ante of this mode. Throw in health bars/stamina mode, parry system, and amplified specials by using specific inputs (right, down, right, special = stronger up special). Just call it Ultimate Hyper Smash Mode Alpha 3 HD Remix (Yes,the name is suppose to be over the top).

All joking aside here are some interesting ones:

Melee/Brawl Mode: This makes the gameplay feel more like Melee or Brawl. In Melee mode, the air dodge is revert back into Melee's. This means that characters can now wavedash. Characters can't grab the ledge with their backs facing it and have a faster falling speed and gravity. In Brawl Mode characters will be more floaty and the game will be the same as Brawl. Dash dancing will be extremely difficult to pull off, but footstool will exist in this mode.

(Dumb) Luck Mode: All the character's attacks will deal 1% with little to no knockback, but randomly one attack will deal 30% with high knockback and KO potential. The whole point of the mode is to constantly attack your opponent in hopes to get the killing move off before they do.

Unknown-Star Mode: The opposite of All-Star Versus Mode. Every time your character dies you respawn as a random character.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:01 am

Survival Mode : Like All Stars Mode However There Are No The End And No Health Recover Items The Things That You
Will Fight Will Be Random Character Random Bosses Some Break The Target And Board The Platform Stage Some Multi Man
Some Level From Adventure Mode
Bring Back Board The Platform And Race To The Finish
Team Battle : Only Availaible In Tournament Mode You Have 2 Team Start With 8 Character For Each Team

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:48 am
SSF2 Developer

Smash64 Combo Mode: Hitstun and Shieldstun increase to levels not seen since 1999.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 pm
 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next