The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Bomberman 

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
This is just my opinion, but they should decrease BBM's bomb count down to three and make there hit boxes smaller. I'd also suggest toning down the power of the power bomb. Next I'd probably make bombs work in a similar fashion to Duck Hunt's can in Smash 4. If BBM tosses a bomb out and then someone hits it, then BBM can no longer make it auto explode with down-spec. However, the bomb will explode a short period afterwards (like, 3 or 5 seconds).

Make the hit box on Bomber Man's down smash bigger. Give dash attack more knock back and less end lag, or just keep it as it currently is, but make it a kill move (or one that comes close to doing so). Also, make forward throw and back-throw not have insane knock back, and increase BBM's grab range (just slightly).

I want some of the drugs this guy is taking

Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:42 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
This is just my opinion, but they should decrease BBM's bomb count down to three and make there hit boxes smaller. I'd also suggest toning down the power of the power bomb. Next I'd probably make bombs work in a similar fashion to Duck Hunt's can in Smash 4. If BBM tosses a bomb out and then someone hits it, then BBM can no longer make it auto explode with down-spec. However, the bomb will explode a short period afterwards (like, 3 or 5 seconds).

Make the hit box on Bomber Man's down smash bigger. Give dash attack more knock back and less end lag, or just keep it as it currently is, but make it a kill move (or one that comes close to doing so). Also, make forward throw and back-throw not have insane knock back, and increase BBM's grab range (just slightly).

Eh. There's no need for you to use an inhaler unless you have asthma, so probably not.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
MaskofTruth wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:29 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

so take away the whole concept of BBM having stage control.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:59 am

doPe wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

I'd need you to explain further.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:43 pm

He means BBM's only reliable bomb option would be quick bombs during the fight or Pbombs when they are recovering slowly. If they die they can disable literally every bomb on almost any map while being invincible and then back away while the explosions went off(because by that time the invincibility would have worn off)
This will either make BBM more campy(almost useless now), bomb spammy(detonate after every bomb throw), or less bombs depending on the player's playstyle

Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
It's funny how people here always complain about :bomberman: 's bombs and how versatile they are but he's B tier (at least in all the tier lists I see, correct me if I'm wrong)

If he was given a decent horizontal recovery option imo he'd be insane, for example if his SideB would be as fast/air-stalling as Marth's

I can see why ppl like Joey main this guy. He has all this potential, great combo game/kill power. The only two things I find wrong with him are what makes him ironic: him getting comboed easily and his abusable recovery.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:24 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
doPe wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

I'd need you to explain further.

the reason bombs are good is because they allow BBM to cover certain areas of the stage. Good bomb placement allows you to restrict the enemy's movement and options, cover recovery options, etc. Bombs' mechanics is the reason why BBM's playstyle is unique and different. what youre suggesting completely takes all that away from BBM bcuz you can just hit the bombs back

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:29 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
I agree with above.

Why butcher a character's bombs, when BBM practically relies on stage control with them? If a fun game between the two players is the problem, BBM gets combo'd and edgeguarded hard.

And imo some of the suggestions Zero Suit User had, would make Bomberman more nerfed than buffed. Less knockback on f-throw/b-throw, then increase grab range? That's pretty much Sm4sh mentality there..

BBM's grab game is fine where it is to me. Chain-grabs, kill throws, tech chasing, you name it. There's no need for any trade-offs.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:59 pm

TheBeep41 wrote:
I agree with above.

Why butcher a character's bombs, when BBM practically relies on stage control with them? If a fun game between the two players is the problem, BBM gets combo'd and edgeguarded hard.

And imo some of the suggestions Zero Suit User had, would make Bomberman more nerfed than buffed. Less knockback on f-throw/b-throw, then increase grab range? That's pretty much Sm4sh mentality there..

BBM's grab game is fine where it is to me. Chain-grabs, kill throws, tech chasing, you name it. There's no need for any trade-offs.

Still, you can't say that his Fthrow is balanced.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:01 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Allowing everyone to interact with bombs might require some minor fine-tuning of Bomberman's other tools, but man, it would be so much fun. I don't think it necessary at all to allow players to deactivate the bombs; Bomberman should always be able to make them explode whenever. But real talk, if Bomberman comboed me to an area where he had layed a bomb before hand, hit myself and the bomb up with Usmash then popped the bomb for the kill, I would be pretty hype for him. That kind of play is miles more interesting than the one-dimensional "lol kek i gots boms ain't nutin' you can do 'bout it" method of stage control that he has presently.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:18 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I totally agree. Having random areas of the stage that are vulnerable is different than having something that can be interacted with, and I think it would add a lot to the gameplay.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Let me clarify. First off, me saying that his bombs should be like Duck Hunt's can was a mistake. I was misinformed about how Duck Hunt's can works. I'm not saying that opponents should be able to move them around.

My idea was that an opponent could hit the bomb, but it would remain in it's original position. However, hitting it would cause the bomb to go on a 3 second countdown, and then it will explode. Opponents can still be damaged by it, and presumably would have to use a lot of commitment to activate the bomb in the first place (ex: a smash attack, and not something like a jab). Not only that, but during this time Bomber Man can't blow up the activated bomb.

He'd still get tons of stage control, and opponents would still have to watch out for bombs. TBH? I find the amount of stage control that BBM can currently get to be a bit oppressive. He doesn't even have to have a bunch of p-bombs on stage. It can honestly just be a bunch of the smaller bombs, and it'd still be a difficult wall to get through. There is something called to much stage control.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:15 pm

If anything grabbing should be the only way BBM's opponent should be able to move bombs. Grab->throw. Making the bombs invincible, while still having a hurtbox would enable this feature.
Only real coding difference would be to disable BBM's ability to detonate the grabbed bomb while it is being held, or thrown for 30-60 frames.

This is only an argument for BBM's opponents moving his bombs, or destroying them- BBM moving bombs based on his attacks would be pretty damn sweet...

Or have BBM's smash attacks directly correlate to his bombs, meaning Usmash would pick up a nearby bomb and use it for the attack. And if Usmash is used with no available bombs it does a minimal damage of 5 with little to no KB or hitstun.
Fsmash throws a nearby bomb(directly on, or slightly in front of BBM) forward to deal damage(and explode on impact?) according to that of the bomb used. If no bombs available, fall over in endlag.
Dsmash picks up 2 nearby bombs on either side of him and uses those. If no available bombs, very weak KB with KB trajectory akin to Shine.

Hitboxes for non-bomb smash attacks apparent to the length of BBM's handballs, while bomb-infused smash attacks hitboxes identical to that of the bomb used(or bombs in the case of Dsmash).

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:23 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:

This is only an argument for BBM's opponents moving his bombs, or destroying them- BBM moving bombs based on his attacks would be pretty damn sweet...

Or have BBM's smash attacks directly correlate to his bombs, meaning Usmash would pick up a nearby bomb and use it for the attack. And if Usmash is used with no available bombs it does a minimal damage of 5 with little to no KB or hitstun.
Fsmash throws a nearby bomb(directly on, or slightly in front of BBM) forward to deal damage(and explode on impact?) according to that of the bomb used. If no bombs available, fall over in endlag.
Dsmash picks up 2 nearby bombs on either side of him and uses those. If no available bombs, very weak KB with KB trajectory akin to Shine.

Hitboxes for non-bomb smash attacks apparent to the length of BBM's handballs, while bomb-infused smash attacks hitboxes identical to that of the bomb used(or bombs in the case of Dsmash).

If he has this feature... That'd be fantastic. I'd be cool if they also buff the power a bit of the moves where he uses the bombs.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:31 pm
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next