The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:09 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
issue with Mayflash adapter (?) 

hello, I'm trying to play with a GC Mayflash adapter, and once I've set up the controls and get ingame, my shield buttons are reversed. The shield won't go away unless I press the shoulder buttons, which I'm using for shield. So I'm pretty much stuck in shield and this makes 0 sense. This doesn't happen with keyboard. Anyone has the same problem? How do I fix this?

Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 am

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
because triggers are analog you get two different inputs when you light press and full press the triggers. when you go to configure you controller in the settings make sure you full press when setting shield to L/R
should look like this

Tue May 30, 2017 10:39 am

obi_nation00 wrote:
because triggers are analog you get two different inputs when you light press and full press the triggers. when you go to configure you controller in the settings make sure you full press when setting shield to L/R
[ Image ]
should look like this

this doesn't fix the issue at all. the game is buggy and still gives me this weird bug even if I put the same stuff as you told me to do.

Tue May 30, 2017 12:48 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Try this: Press the trigger down almost all of the way, then press the shield button in SSF2, then when it tells you to press a button push the trigger down the rest of the way. It should pop up as BN5 or BN6 (depending on which trigger you pressed). Do the same for the other trigger.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue May 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Just chipping in to say I have this same issue, and by circumventing native controller support entirely by using pinnacle game profiler I've ruled out the possibility that it's a game bug.

Plugging out the controller from the adapter and then re-inserting it fixed it for me temporarily, though I'm still using pinnacle at the moment so I don't know if the solution will work for you.

The devs are onto something though. It's definitely the analog part of the shoulder buttons that are causing this, and their proposed solution should do the trick if you're using the native controller support.

Good luck :)

Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 pm

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
Starkiller wrote:
Try this: Press the trigger down almost all of the way, then press the shield button in SSF2, then when it tells you to press a button push the trigger down the rest of the way. It should pop up as BN5 or BN6 (depending on which trigger you pressed). Do the same for the other trigger.

Thanks this helped me

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Wed May 31, 2017 10:14 am
 [ 6 posts ]