The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Final Fantasy 

Currently Playing: UNIST
i don't know what i think of FFX. it has a lot of really bad game design choices but really good ones too, but the bad ones stick out to me:

box of complaints: show
overkill essentially makes being overleveled give you extra EXP.

the monster capturing s*** is so dumb. 10 of each, really? why make this happen near the end of the game?

a lot of the game's content is past a lot of caps and it's incredibly awkward. it's like they made a postgame boss, decided it wasn't strong enough, made another one, and kept on thinking it wasn't strong enough so they just made more. it's a super weird-looking power creep. the game's stats feel like they end way earlier than the game itself.

kimahri gets the short end of the stick so much. every character has a type of enemy they specialize in killing except him, and Auron is a way better party member than he is. sure, you can put him into other trees, but 90% of the time characters that own their tree do their job better than he does.

physical is sooooo much better than magic and it's pretty ridiculous

i don't mind linear games very much, but FFX is on a whole new level of linear

expert sphere grid is pretty meh too. you can put anyone down any tree you want? yeah, cool, but aside from small switches like Yuna/Lulu, why would i want to?

seriously f*** blitzball

Mon May 16, 2016 5:33 pm
YIM

Kuro Kagami wrote:
a lot of the game's content is past a lot of caps and it's incredibly awkward. it's like they made a postgame boss, decided it wasn't strong enough, made another one, and kept on thinking it wasn't strong enough so they just made more. it's a super weird-looking power creep. the game's stats feel like they end way earlier than the game itself.

expert sphere grid is pretty meh too. you can put anyone down any tree you want? yeah, cool, but aside from small switches like Yuna/Lulu, why would i want to?

these complaints are because you're playing the HD remaster or whatever, the extra bosses and expert sphere grid weren't in the original version, they were added in the Japanese International/standard European/HD remaster version of the game
Kuro Kagami wrote:
the monster capturing s*** is so dumb. 10 of each, really? why make this happen near the end of the game?

wow, a JRPG has padding. this has never happened before. have you considered trying a different genre of game?
Kuro Kagami wrote:
seriously f*** blitzball

Mon May 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
the RNG just absolutely hates me for some weird reason in Blitzball and i am not sure why

i very consistently get less than my stats when i do an action and the AI very consistently gets really good rolls

my roommate was wondering what my problem was with the game until i tried it and he watched, he was laughing his a** off when he saw my awful luck with the RNG

i know a lot of RPGs have padding but holy s*** it's a new level of padding

now that i think about it the bosses i have issues with are generally HD remaster bosses so that makes sense

i know the expert sphere grid is also an extra feature but it wasn't really thought through imo

Mon May 16, 2016 6:20 pm
YIM

MGN Username: metateen
Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV
FF7 is decent

Like gosh wowwy!

ezlybored wrote:
let the man be

Wed May 18, 2016 11:15 am

metateen wrote:
FF7 is decent

Ok

Wed May 18, 2016 11:59 am

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/final-fantas ... ounced-ps4

FFXII International getting a PS4 remaster next year

I would have been more excited about this if it was like four years ago, but it's neat either way

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:39 am
 [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36