The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Restricted 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Before I go on, I'd like to note a few ideas were taken mostly from Breath of Fire; if you're the right kind of nerd, I'm sure you can figure out where most of the plot comes from.

~
Outline

This large, nameless world is just desert all across, save for specks of forests and mountains, with a large population of about 4 million, considering its size. Of course, dangers are present if one strays off from the roads, ending up being some monster's lunch; the seas themselves seem to have an attitude towards its sailors, never once letting a ship have a smooth sailing. The population causes itself trouble, thieves take advantage of the vulnerable traders along their routes, they even form their own guilds, some grow notorious, and some get taken out by the government.

The mysteries of life in this "world" were always taken for granted, even the deposits of curious hi-tech objects washing ashore around the Known World (The Shores of Technology), their origin is completely unknown; among these are complex machines and even robots, most of these becoming a common part of life due to their abundance, as well as the fact that it seems to actually be growing in number. The Divine Boundary prevented any traveling beyond the Known World, being there since the beginning of recorded history; the only way out into the Void World is the Idol's Blindspot--rumored to be the only part of the world that God cannot see. However, the Being had no need to worry, as it is conveniently just north of the Unholy Sea, a body of water to practically impossible pass through due to its unstable weather and frightening carnivorous fish resembling dragons in common folklore; anyone fool enough to venture ended up as food, the ones who made it out were never seen again. Will there ever be ones to see the mysterious truth and come back to tell the tale?
~
Terms

Known World- Area within the Divine Boundary
Void World- Unknown area outside of the Divine Boundary, can only be accessed by the Idol's Blindspot
Shores of Technology- Beaches and shores where deposits of technology are commonly found
Divine Boundary- Diamond-shaped invisible forcefield around the Known World, commonly believed to be set up by God
Unholy Sea- Mortally dangerous sea near the top of the Divine Boundary, leads to the Idol's Blindspot
Idol's Blindspot- "Tiny" hole in the Divine Boundary which leads to the Void World (Or the other way around)
Technology- Advanced objects that have become part of life since centuries ago (Ex: Laser guns, lights, even water boilers)
Robots/Cyborgs- Uncommon mechanical "people" occasionally found in the deposits, known to help with heavy construction
Androids- Very rare kind of robots with unique personalities, intelligence and high humanoid appearance, found around every few years (Can be a race for your character)
Monsters- Dangerous creatures encountered outside of common roads and routes, usually resemble large versions of animals or insects
Dragons- "Extinct" god-like monsters which once ruled the land, believed to have the ability to reason when they once lived
God- A common belief amongst the whole population, depictions show God in various forms across different cities, but most do not show gender or facial features.
~
Map

The majority of the continent is desert, otherwise either mountains or forests. The bottom right fraction of an island is colored differently, it is an area of badlands. "Batches" of mountain or forest icons represent a stretch, or area of them. Tiny islands along the ocean and seas can be made up. Mapped cities and towns are only the major ones. There may be small villages as well (Providing an excuse for unique origins in profiles). Note that they aren't named, we either make them up as we go along or it gets suggested here. The map represents a flat world, the ends of the world will be described if we get to it.
~

Anything, as long as the information is sufficient. But obviously, the minimum is a name and a biography.
~
Players

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING
~
Important people/groups (Includes players)

Black Renegades- Usually hidden, this band of thieves is known for its small group of master archers notorious for attacking during solar eclipses and dark days. They never seem to attack innocents, as they only go for corrupt political figures or government officials. Cities had taken caution to them many years ago; but while their appearance has become very rare, they always show up during an eclipse.

Nightingale- Mysterious woman seen to have long, black hair and a deep, depressing stare. Famous for taking care of traders, soldiers and even small animals strayed from the road who were hurt, which was usually a result of thieves. The men who came back to tell of her never seem to recall where she took them. (Pretty easy to tell where I got this person from, if you're the right kind of nerd)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by {420}sMoKeWeEd{420} on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Resisting urge.. to troll.. a troll..

<3

No but for srs, it looks way nice.

Tue May 12, 2009 10:35 pm
Site Moderator

I totally sent in my bio for Jefferson "Grim" Rickshaw. He'll make it in, I just know it. He may have been turned down in one instance, but I've got a good feeling, this time!

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Tue May 12, 2009 10:53 pm

bluemage77 wrote:
I totally sent in my bio for Jefferson "Grim" Rickshaw. He'll make it in, I just know it. He may have been turned down in one instance, but I've got a good feeling, this time!

Tempting.. but I suuure hope you have some other character.. that's a humanoid..
I'll totally let the hat in if you got another srs char.

Wed May 13, 2009 2:16 pm
Site Moderator

Not Sayonara wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

Tempting.. but I suuure hope you have some other character.. that's a humanoid..

What!! How come everyone discriminates against the hat!? You all racist?! What, hats don't got no rights at all?! HUH?!

FINE. I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE A GUY THAT WEARS HIM. Happy? His name's Jared. He hardly talks. He just wears Jefferson.

Jin wrote:

Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 pm

bluemage77 wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

What!! How come everyone discriminates against the hat!? You all racist?! What, hats don't got no rights at all?! HUH?!

FINE. I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE A GUY THAT WEARS HIM. Happy? His name's Jared. He hardly talks. He just wears Jefferson.

BOO FREAKING HOO! ACCEPT CONCEITED HUMAN NATURE!

I suppose you think some mute person would work as an excuse for the hat?! Huh?! Well it would!

Wed May 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
You totally need to cough up the bio for that epic hat blue.

Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 pm
Site Moderator

Not Sayonara wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

BOO FREAKING HOO! ACCEPT CONCEITED HUMAN NATURE!

I suppose you think some mute person would work as an excuse for the hat?! Huh?! Well it would!

Well, great! I'm glad to be a part of your RP, you f*** good Samaritan! Thank you for this Goddamn nice opportunity!! I look forward to working together with you and the other accepted individuals!!!

Here's the damn bio for Jefferson "Grim" Rickshaw!!!

Smarmy Flannigan wrote:
Name:
    Jefferson "Grim" Rickshaw (Aaawwweeesssooommmeee.)

Race:
    Hat

Appearance:
    Here's a picture. Grim is sewn from a high quality straw material. The band that raps around the base is made of silver beads, locked together with wooden blocks. The beads are set in a specific pattern that cannot be moved around or messed with, lest Grim wishes to disappear forever. The straw is a light tan-yellow and can never get dirty. When Grim gets angry, he glows a luminescent red.

Personality:
    Grim has lived for quite a long time and has seen his fair share of trouble. Despite that, he still sees life as a joke. When faced with a horrible decision, he'll laugh it off and say "Screw it, I'm gonna go find somethin' more fun to do." He basically won't accept the harsh reality of things without a fight. When he does realize danger, he usually finds help or someone else to take care of the problem.

Being made of straw has given him the totally far out fear of fire. If he so much as sees a spark, he'll begin to sweat. (Metaphorically speaking... a hat sweating, why that's just silly!) Other than that, he can deal with cuts and scrapes on his lining. The silver band around his hold is unbreakable, so he doesn't worry too much about injury. A quick sew would fix him up.

Biography:
    Jefferson "Grim" Rickshaw is a hat. A cowboy hat, to be exact. But he wasn't always one! He used to be a manly man's man! Here's his story.

Grim was born and raised on a farm. At the age of 50, however, when aliens joined the neighborhood committee, things took a turn for the worst. They destroyed the crops and blew up the town hall, forcing him to seek refuge elsewhere.

Leaving all that he had known behind, he began trekking under the hot sun through the desert. There, he met an injun wise man. The Indian told him that if he wanted to survive, he would have to relinquish his immortal soul and stow it inside of his most prized possession. Not having anything but a shirt, pants, and a family heirloom priceless gold medallion, he did what any self-respecting cowboy would do: Use his hat. The man imbued Grim's soul in the hat and made sure it stayed locked inside with a magical bead ring. Grim gained the ability to levitate and speak. His voice was disembodied, but obviously came from the direction of the inside of the hat. His height limitations knew no bounds, but he was too afraid to fly into space.

Using his new... hat abilities, Grim began adventuring on his own. He no longer needed to eat, sleep, breath, or rest! This allowed him to do almost anything he desired, go where no man had gone before! He sailed the seven seas with pirates, battled robot armies, fought the undead, and rented a luxury apartment in Florida, complete with a personal sauna, massage parlor, Jared, and on-call room service. It was purely cosmetic, I assure you.

He explored and explored and watched as civilization carried itself to a certain point. That's when he visited a small port town in search of something interesting to do...

Current Item(s)/Weapon(s):
    Nothing but the skin of his straw and his mind. And Jared, who wears him.

Skills:
    Grim can levitate, glow red, and be generally punny. He is also able to operate small items like knives and guns by channeling his energy into them. The effect becomes weaker the farther he is from the object he wishes to manipulate.

Class:
    Wise Man/a**

Profession:
    Living Encyclopedia

Jin wrote:

Wed May 13, 2009 3:27 pm

For one thing, I liked the originality. The circumstances around his transformation in to headgear put me off for a bit but that's the only thing that bothers me.

Wed May 13, 2009 3:30 pm
Site Moderator

Well, his 50 year old body had dried out so much from the desert that he just had to put his soul somewhere better. Stupid injun didn't wanna share a lot of water...

Jin wrote:

Wed May 13, 2009 3:49 pm

I sure hope no one follows Blue's example..

Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm
Site Moderator

Not Sayonara wrote:

What? Of being original? Ya, I hope we get a couple ninjas with troubled pasts. And while we're at it, let's get some cat guys with samurai swords that are completely badass. Sounds like a completely original time.

Jin wrote:

Wed May 13, 2009 9:58 pm
Site Moderator

bluemage77 wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

What? Of being original? Ya, I hope we get a couple ninjas with troubled pasts. And while we're at it, let's get some cat guys with samurai swords that are completely badass. Sounds like a completely original time.

Name: Aidan

Race: Part-Cat

Class: Ninja

Profession: Potentially crazy wanderer

Equipment/Items: Chokutō, a katana, and a foldable staff.

Abilities/Traits: He learned stealth , substitution with a log (though you have chop it yourself), and throwing anything, even people if needed to be. His part-cat blood helps in jumping, surviving long falls, and having acute senses with his ears and tail (However it's very annoying to cut holes in pants for the tail, and children keep grabbing his flinching ears). He has a abnormal hate for fire, falling objects, and bards, to the point of going berserk until the sight of it is gone.

Appearance: About 5'8 in height, he has black hair, yellow cat eyes, and for whatever reason, four scratches on the left side of his face. He wears a Shinobi shōzoku, and under that, a simple undershirt, and black shorts.

Personality: Keeping to himself, he probably looks like the jerk who wouldn't help you unless you help him or bring him into your troubles, which is true. However, he does have a soft side, and with
repeating asking/pestering, he'll give in (or make a hole in your gut, or both).

Note that his hated of fire, falling objects, and bards go in three levels. First, he backs away slowly. Secondly, he starts to growl. Lastly, he goes completely berserk and destroys anything in his path to the target. The only records of this third level are possible the murder of his master, and a small town, the latter involving a match, a stool, the guards of the town, and a pebble. All of the few survivors are traumatized, with a fear of pebbles.

Biography: He was most likely just another apprentice shopkeeper or something. By “most likely”, we mean that the town he was in was burnt to a crisp, with him collapsed somewhere, by one huge wooden beam.

He was shortly found by a travelling merchant, who took him for dropping him off somewhere safe. Eventually, Aidan woke up in a nice blanket outdoors, and found that the caravan the merchant was using was on fire (and the merchant too). Scrounging for anything, he went to a nearby forest to die, but as fate would have it, someone saved him, and took him to his place, with the reason of training this young boy (oh, and to have someone else to talk to who isn't a tree).

He was trained in many things, to keep his steps from making noise, the techniques of the blade and staff, and so on. This couldn't happen for long however, and he killed his sensei in a duel and never said why (though a nearby forge might explain it, and the resulting burnt place). Taking a few things ( like his sensei's wallet), he travelled, to find a living, his past, and maybe find who's responsible for burning and killing his loved ones (though the last one was his fault).

Hahaha...eugh. I should never write anything on a caffeine rush.

Last edited by Green Mage on Thu May 14, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 am
Site Moderator

Green Mage wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

Name: Aidan

Race: Part-Cat

Class: Ninja

Profession: Potentially crazy wanderer

Equipment/Items: Chokutō, a katana, and a foldable staff.

Abilities/Traits: He learned stealth , substitution with a log (though you have chop it yourself), and throwing anything, even people if needed to be. His part-cat blood helps in jumping, serving long falls, and having acute senses with his ears and tail (However it's very annoying to cut holes in pants for the tail, and children keep grabbing his flinching ears). He has a abnormal hate for fire, falling objects, and bards, to the point of going berserk until the sight of it is gone.

Appearance: About 5'8 in height, he has black hair, yellow cat eyes, and for whatever reason, four scratches on the left side of his face. He wears a Shinobi shōzoku, and under that, a simple undershirt, and black shorts.

Personality: Keeping to himself, he probably looks like the jerk who wouldn't help you unless you help him or bring him into your troubles, which is true. However, he does have a soft side, and with
repeating asking/pestering, he'll give in (or make a hole in your gut, or both).

Note that his hated of fire, falling objects, and bards go in three levels. First, he backs away slowly. Secondly, he starts to growl. Lastly, he goes completely berserk and destroys anything in his path to the target. The only records of this third level are possible the murder of his master, and a small town, the latter involving a match, a stool, the guards of the town, and a pebble. All of the few survivors are traumatized, with a fear of pebbles.

Biography: He was most likely just another apprentice shopkeeper or something. By “most likely”, we mean that the town he was in was burnt to a crisp, with him collapsed somewhere, by one huge wooden beam.

He was shortly found by a travelling merchant, who took him for dropping him off somewhere safe. Eventually, Aidan woke up in a nice blanket outdoors, and found that the caravan the merchant was using was on fire (and the merchant too). Scrounging for anything, he went to a nearby forest to die, but as fate would have it, someone saved him, and took him to his place, with the reason of training this young boy (oh, and to have someone else to talk to who isn't a tree).

He was trained in many things, to keep his steps from making noise, the techniques of the blade and staff, and so on. This couldn't happen for long however, and he killed his sensei in a duel and never said why (though a nearby forge might explain it, and the resulting burnt place). Taking a few things ( like his sensei's wallet), he travelled, to find a living, his past, and maybe find who's responsible for burning and killing his loved ones (though the last one was his fault).
Hahaha...eugh. I should never write anything on a caffeine rush.

Oh, you sonuva b****.

Jin wrote:

Thu May 14, 2009 2:26 am

bluemage77 wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

[/sarcasm]
Damn it I didn't append the sarcasm tag in time!

Thu May 14, 2009 8:47 am
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next