The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:29 pm

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Champions of Estaria 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
"This is not nonsense, but then again, this isn't the best thing to happen to a group of mostly young adults. So we get called here, get our lives placed at risk to get powers, and then we're supposed to use these powers to fight an unknown evil?" Chris spoke out loud, his voice slightly angry. "I mean, take a look at us! The vast majority of us are not well built, nor do we show any sign of honor or valiance." He looked at his group quite sorrily, feeling a bit of heat for his comment. "There's no doubt that we were chosen, but why is another story. Even you do not know how we were chosen. And is there some place where we could ask an all-knowing one why we're here?"In his speech, Chris didn't notice the French man's observation of the food, and thought to himself why a person would be so trusting of a weird land like this.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:16 am

Kassidy had not hesitated to sample the banquet of food that had been prepared for the "champions". The man in the night cap explained their situation, which seemed almost straight out of a story book. As the more curmudgeonly of the group piped in with worries and grievances, the girl simply laughed.
"Oh, come now." She said, slinging her arm over Chris's shoulder. "You need to lighten up. Enjoy this while it lasts!"
She didn't know why she bothered, though. This boy was simply another construct of her mind. Of course, the awesome powers and delicious food more than made up for a little bit of moaning. This was still by far the most intriguing dream she'd ever had.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Zane crossed his arms. "If we really are champions, who exactly needs us? Who's in trouble?" He then took a look at the bonfire, Grabbed a glass at what seemed like water, took a sip and continued. "And what's your name? By the way, were those things we fought back there poisonous or anything? I got scratched..." He trailed off and realized how many questions he was asking. It's not like he didn't want to called a "champion", it's just that he needs to know all the facts plus some. It's seemed most of the group was divided. Some calm, just going with the flow. Others skeptical, wary of the situation that was set before them. As for him, he was curious; he wanted to know more. If this is a dream, which he didn't think it was because he got scratched, he would play along with it. He didn't think his family would believe him if he told them that he was a supposed hero with magical powers. If he ever gets back that is.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:12 pm

"Get off, lady!" Chris shouted, and pushed the lady off his shoulder. "Why should we lighten up? I got hurt out there, a little. I felt the pain. This is not a dream. It's reality, and it doesn't look like the afterlife." He observed his surroundings carefully, and noticed something among the group: that half of them were brash, and the other half reserved. "But the elements don't match. I've got fire, an element of chaos." Feeling bored, Chris took out his book that he had been carrying: Julius Caesar, and began reading in silence.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 am
Site Admin

The young man in the nightcap furrowed his face as he watched the proceedings, though he was determined to have his champions, it was just as his father and his grandfather before him had said it would be. He needed to be adamant.

"well to answer your easiest question, my name is Eram" said the young man with a smile "I am the leader of the city of Bregora, the Champion's Haven. Sit down and eat, for I will tell you the legend of the Champions of Estaria." He waited for the rest of the group to sit down, even though few of them seemed reluctant, they all eventually did. "Legend states that long ago, in a time of great trouble, the Ageless Ones called forth heroes from another realm. These were our first Champions, legend says that they were very much like you, lost and wanting to get home, though they needed to save our world before they could return. Thus they fought valiantly, first finding their vambraces, then they found their armour and then their chalices. All the while they had to also deal with hordes set upon them by Azozenrath, the source of our world's tribulations. Eventually they defeated him, and the Champions returned to their home. Now, Estaria has been slowly picking up the pieces following the reign of Azozenrath, but within the last thirty years, creatures of inexplicable evil have been slaughtering villages. I guess as a result the Ageless Ones sent you all to help us defeat these creatures.

Kayla blinked vacantly "So, you mean we're stuck here until we save your world?" Eram nodded in response. "What...what if we can't save the world? What if we die here?!"

"I don't know...the legends never said anything about people dying"

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Jack had a look of disbelief on his face, "We got dragged to some other f*** world to fight for your weakasses and you tellin us that we can't leave until we suceed or die?" He paused for a second and then spoke again "Well s***, I'm in. The sooner I'm outa hea the better"

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 am

Chris put down his book, intrigued by the legend of the Champions of Estaria. "Warriors of the past... That explains the familiarity." he muttered. "Still. Why aren't we completely aware of our past lives? And some of us are too young to have bene born thirty years ago." "I think a round of introductions would be in order as of now, among us "champions" who have powers. State your name, your age and what you feel is the word that represents you best. I think I will start. My name's Chris. I'm about 20 years old, and I think the word that represents me best would be observant." he called out, hoping to find some correlation between their powers and their ages and personalities.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:14 am

Zane was the next one to speak. "Sure, why not?" He said, answering both responses. He was still a little skeptical of this whole thing, but it was becoming more and more obvious that resistance wouldn't get them much far. It also beat the tediousness of his life back home. "I mean, if we are champions," he said, gesturing towards the group, "Then I don't see any harm in introducing ourselves." He shot a glance at the girl who scowled at him earlier. "Anyway, I'm Zane. 17 years old. A word to describe me? Calm I guess... at times."

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
All this information about champions and saving this world was flying straight over Sydney's head. Nothing was making any sense to her. Without any sort of reasonable explanation for what was going on, Sydney did the only thing she could do and go along with it. Some of the other people started eating the food that was provided for them, so she went ahead and started to grab something. The first thing she saw was a drink, so she poured some into her glass. While doing this, a few others decided to introduce themselves. Not being the one to speak up, she waited until the others finished speaking before introducing herself.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Chris instantly filed four words in his head: "American, Zane, calm, Earth." "Interesting.... There is a slight correlation between personality and element. However, he didn't say anything about the steadfast nature that so directs earth's wielders. " he thought. "Hey, you over there!" he cried, pointing to the girl that had protected him at the arena, "Could you introduce yourself to us?"

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 am
Site Admin

"Oh for the love of God!" fumed Kayla with frustration "Yes, let's all sit down and have a tea party" she said mockingly "My name is like Kayla, and I'm like apparently the saviour of wood, like golly gee! I'm tickled pink!" she grabbed the leg of what she hoped tasted like chicken and chewed angrily.

"I understand your concerns Champion," stated Eram "All I know is that you have great untapped potential" he turned to the rest of the group "You all do, and the sooner we begin your quest for your armour, the faster you can defeat the evil in our land, and then you may go home."

"I know" muttered Kayla while grabbing another piece of meat and slouching in her chair.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:11 pm

"Some people woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and didn't have their decaf mocha cappuccino." Zane muttered to himself as he glanced sideways at Kayla, looking slightly irritated. He could understand why the other half of the group didn't say anything. They either didn't believe this set up yet or didn't trust the other half. Perphaps both. Either way it didn't effect his view on this. He took another sip of his water and his eyes lazily fell on the food. He grabbed what looked like an apple and his teeth sunk into the alternate like fruit. "Well obviously that didn't work to break the ice because the majority of the group didn't even attempt to participate." He said as he gulped down the apple he had bitten. "We can either continue in this dreaded silence or carry on with our little sharing circle. The faster we do either the better."

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Kassidy stopped chewing as the realization of the reality of the situation slowly sank in. This was no mere dream or hallucination. From the food on the table to the people she shared it with, it was all real.
Oh, God. She thought, face completely blank. I... I could've died back there.
She swallowed tentatively and returned the leg of meat to her plate before pushing it away, having suddenly lost her appetite. She had been spirited away to a mystical land, she had risked her life fighting magical tree creatures, and worst of all, she had acted like a complete idiot in front of several strangers. She merely sat with her face in her hands and tried not to scream.
Her face contorted scornfully as the one who had introduced himself as Chris insisted that they continue their quaint little introductions. Gleaning information from the others was not a terrible idea, actually, but the boy's interest in getting to know the others seemed disgustingly sincere. Rather than oblige, she simply stood to leave. The sooner they took care of these monsters, the sooner she could get out of here.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:23 pm

"Cynicism. A common trait nearly all share, including myself." Chris thought. "That may be related to why we were chosen. But why cynicism?" "Zane, I think that the rest just simply are too cynical of my intentions to continue." Chris called out, "I merely intended to try to make everyone know each other so at least we won't have to shout "Boy" or "Girl" when we're fighting. Never mind that. We continue on. Eram, what do you suggest we do?" As he waited for a reply, Chris relaxed himself, trying to analyze this unusual group.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Children, all of them were children, save perhaps one. Pierre wasn't so sure he was going to be happy about having to save this world with them, especially since they all seemed so emotional or negative, typical of most teenagers. But then again, he was far from normal, after all he must have seemed unnervingly calm as he ate. The food was nice for sure.

Still, he had always expected the worst as a soldier, like being taken captive, especially during his tours of duty in Africa and the Middle East. This all seemed like a cakewalk than the hell that was the various training camps he went through. The only issue now was whether he would have to rely on them. Something which he voiced as he directed his question at the man in the nightcap which should probably be some kind of scholar.

"Question, must we work together?"

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:28 am
 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next