The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
theoriginalblade for a MOD! 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
nacritico wrote:
why shouldn't he be a mod?
Because a mod has a function, and he is unable to fullfill it...

As I said before, the fact that he is not average doesn't make him worth of modship, because modship is not an award you recieve for being an good/awesome user. Being a mod is having the responsabilty to look up for the forum, and he can't if he never logs in.

Being part of the V.I.P crew should be the award, but not being part of the MOD team...

Is like making an old person with alzheimer the captain of an armie because he used to be an out-standing soldier when he was young... it makes no real sence. He should be priced in some sort of way (recieving medals, special treatment and stuff), but not being named captain if he can't fullfill the responsabilities of a captain.

Why can't he fullfill his function? Is he unable to click a mouse or type on a keyboard? Is he dying? I must've missed that memo.

And have I not just said that "he's not very active" is a s*** reason? Either stop repeating the same damn thing, or get the hell out.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
Hakker wrote:
nacritico wrote:
why shouldn't he be a mod?
Because a mod has a function, and he is unable to fullfill it...

As I said before, the fact that he is not average doesn't make him worth of modship, because modship is not an award you recieve for being an good/awesome user. Being a mod is having the responsabilty to look up for the forum, and he can't if he never logs in.

Being part of the V.I.P crew should be the award, but not being part of the MOD team...

Is like making an old person with alzheimer the captain of an armie because he used to be an out-standing soldier when he was young... it makes no real sence. He should be priced in some sort of way (recieving medals, special treatment and stuff), but not being named captain if he can't fullfill the responsabilities of a captain.

Why can't he fullfill his function? Is he unable to click a mouse or type on a keyboard? Is he dying? I must've missed that memo.

And have I not just said that "he's not very active" is a s#%$& reason? Either stop repeating the same damn thing, or get the hell out.

I would stop repeating that, but you've no given a reason why "he's not active" is a bad reason.
Is not that hard if you think about it: "TO HELP IN A FORUM, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE FORUM". I don't believe that idea is that hard to understand, is it?.

I'm not talking about someone who rearly logs in, but someone who never logs in!...
if you check the old forum, he only made 48 posts since new year to the day the forum was closed.

So yeah, I think is a good reason for him not be a Mod.

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:31 pm
Legendary Ghost

nacritico wrote:
I would stop repeating that, but you've no given a reason why "he's not active" is a bad reason.
Is not that hard if you think about it: "TO HELP IN A FORUM, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE FORUM". I don't believe that idea is that hard to understand, is it?.

I'm not talking about someone who rearly logs in, but someone who never logs in!...
if you check the old forum, he only made 48 posts since new year to the day the forum was closed.

Alright, so let's toss out DT and Cleod, shall we? After all, they aren't very active, huh?

And you base his activity on his posts, that's retarded. Ever heard of the term 'lurking'?

If you can't change a reason for demodding into a reason for demodding (AKA : the opposite, like someone with a lot of posts deserving modship), don't even bother defending it, it's already retarded.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Hakker wrote:
nacritico wrote:

Alright, so let's toss out DT and Cleod, shall we? After all, they aren't very active, huh?

And you base his activity on his posts, that's retarded. Ever heard of the term 'lurking'?

If you can't change a reason for demodding into a reason for demodding (AKA : the opposite, like someone with a lot of posts deserving modship), don't even bother defending it, it's already retarded.

is not the same thing... I know it's stupid of modding someone for having/not having a huge amount of posts, but there should be a limit (I mean, C'MON! 48 posts in more than 1/2 a year).

I've almost never seen TOB posting or online... if you can prove that he is a LURKER, and that he spends some of his time in the forum trying to enforce the rules (locking useless posts and punishing the people who deserve it); then I'm more than ok with his modding.

And don't came with the lurker pretext, because you would have said that before if it were true.
Either way, I really doubt blade is a lurker. Why? Well, everytime something important happened to the forum (reason why someone would contact him), he logged into the forum, and started to post NOT ONLY about that important thing, but also about random stuff which he didn't post before. And example of this is him posting his new "Blade sheet" once the new forum was opened.

ps:
and pelase, don't say something like "we don't need you to be ok with something to do it". I know you don't, but I want to give my opinion about something which I think is wrong.

Image chóu

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:04 pm
Legendary Ghost

nacritico wrote:
is not the same thing... I know it's stupid of modding someone for having/not having a huge amount of posts, but there should be a limit (I mean, C'MON! 48 posts in more than 1/2 a year).

I've almost never seen TOB posting or online... if you can prove that he is a LURKER, and that he spends some of his time in the forum trying to enforce the rules (locking useless posts and punishing the people who deserve it); then I'm more than ok with his modding.

And don't came with the lurker pretext, because you would have said that before if it were true.
Either way, I really doubt blade is a lurker. Why? Well, everytime something important happened to the forum (reason why someone would contact him), he logged into the forum, and started to post NOT ONLY about that important thing, but also about random stuff which he didn't post before. And example of this is him posting his new "Blade sheet" once the new forum was opened.

Besides most of that not making any sense, specially the last bit, it's also still retarded.

And why isn't it the same thing? Because Cleod & DT's name are red? Quit the goddamn bullocks.

Your basic argument right now is that it's your opinion and that I should convince you, but for one thing, your a minority, even if this was a dictatorship, your not even the ruling minority, why should I go out of my way to convince you? So that everyone's happy? YOU should be trying to convince me, and with a better damn reason then "I don't see him online a lot" or "It's my opinion, convince me for no reason whatsoever!".

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country 2
Yeah but the point they're trying to make is

What good would it do making Blade a mod in the first place if he's never around to lock threads and hand out warnings when it's appropriate to do so? It seems like you're just modding him just because "he's awesome" or something.
Where are the mods when we need them, when the spam forums are being vandalized by hackers posting obscene images?

he should probably post on the public part of the forums too, it'd help his rep in this case :/

Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 am

I'm sorry hakker, this issue is pretty complicated and my level of english is not advance enough to explain what I think...

it would take me a long while to think a good way to write the answer, and I don't have time to do that, so I'll stop talking about this.

Either way, I think that what Kosheh said is more or less what I think, so I've nothing to add.

Image chóu

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:06 pm

He's not yet here or maybe he quit this forum :roll:

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:25 pm

nacritico wrote:
I think that the problem regarding this, is that some people think that being a mod is some kind of award or way to show that someone is superior.

So, people who are very liked or who did a lot of good things a long time ago deserve it. That's wrong....
being a Mod is only to fullfill a function, which is to moderate a forum and make it a better place.

The fact that someone is a mod doesn't make him/her (in this forum, only him) more valueble than other users.
Being a mod is not (or at least, it shouldn't be) some kind of mark which shows how veluable you are...

Maybe being on the "V.I.P crew" could be that "price" for being liked/usefull, but not being a mod.

ps: if you want, you could add some kind of Image next to the users' name which says V.I.P.

ps2:

@chao: No, I've no idea who you are talking about (I wish it's not me).
So, next time try to be direct or don't speak at all... I hate people who complain but are not brave enough to say it directly
:hmph: .

It's Cheddar who I was reffering too..

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:30 pm

Location: Boston Sex: All the time Underwear: Boxers Squirtle: F&@! yeah!
Kosheh wrote:
Yeah but the point they're trying to make is

What good would it do making Blade a mod in the first place if he's never around to lock threads and hand out warnings when it's appropriate to do so? It seems like you're just modding him just because "he's awesome" or something.
Where are the mods when we need them, when the spam forums are being vandalized by hackers posting obscene images?

he should probably post on the public part of the forums too, it'd help his rep in this case :/

'

My gf said it most sensibly, but if that were the case, that'd mean its neither a benefit or a loss to keep blade. It'd make no sense to take him out, unless these people who are complaining are planning on replacing him with hopefully themselves. Yes, thats what i think this is all about, all of you guys are jealous.

I had to take out my mains for this. Enough reason for cleod NOT to go back on his word.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 am

Nac STFU.

Your just jelouse[Spelling? I forgot :sweat: ] because Blade was a better mod, than you ever can even hope to be.

Also

And silently you die...

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Snow Taradien wrote:
Nac STFU.

Your just jelouse[Spelling? I forgot :sweat: ] because Blade was a better mod, than you ever can even hope to be.

Also

what was that about??... :huh:

the only reason why I said this is because I think Blade is getting Modded for being "awesome", instend of being Modded for what people should be Modded for (Moding the forum).

Unless you have something intelligent to say STFU, will you? :hmph:

Image chóu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 pm

Location: Where are you and who wants to know? The U.S. Government thats who.
nacritico wrote:
Snow Taradien wrote:
Nac STFU.

Also

what was that about??... :huh:

the only reason why I said this is because I think Blade is getting Modded for being "awesome", instend of being Modded for what people should be Modded for (Moding the forum).

Unless you have something intelligent to say STFU, will you? :hmph:

Part of the reason he's awesome is because he was an awesome MOD.

What were you modded for? Being good at spriting wasn't it? I find that a bad reason for modding someone.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 pm
YIM WWW

SlashDuffIzzy wrote:

What were you modded for? Being good at spriting wasn't it? I find that a bad reason for modding someone.

Do not personally attack me, that's a lame way of discussing. :hmph:

Either way, your argument is flawed [or flaw-full, no idea which word should I use in here].

First, because I can not really prove I'm a good Mod without being a Mod.

Second, because spriting was the first reason, but after they de-modded some people of the sprite team, they kept me as a Mod. You can argue all you want, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm a good Mod.

People like Hakker can complain about me and say I'm an egocentric-sizzy-angry guy (I really don't care), but they can deny I've done a good job in here. I closed a lot of useless stuff, gave warnings, check the forum almost every day and created the current rules which are used for the spriting section, flash section and coders paradise, among other things. I still don't know why I care about this forum, but I really do.

Last, but not least, the problem with your argument is that you are talking about the past. I know everyone thinks Blade was a great Mod, and probably he would be a great Mod. I'm not saying that he won't, I'm just saying that he doesn't seem to be online enough time to fullfill the Mod's function (so, modding him would be useless).

If he started to log in more with more frequency, or started lurking (giving warning, locking posts, and telling the mod teams about the problems of the forum without posting), then I'm ok with his modding... but modding him just for the little times he logs in is not logical.

ps:
BTW, how do you know about blade SlashDuffIzzy?? I'm pretty sure you were not here when Blade was really active, were you?

Image chóu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:30 pm

Location: Where are you and who wants to know? The U.S. Government thats who.
nacritico wrote:
SlashDuffIzzy wrote:

Do not personally attack me, that's a lame way of discussing. :hmph:

Either way, your argument is flawed [or flaw-full, no idea which word should I use in here].

First, because I can not really prove I'm a good Mod without being a Mod.

Second, because spriting was the first reason, but after they de-modded some people of the sprite team, they kept me as a Mod. You can argue all you want, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm a good Mod.

People like Hakker can complain about me and say I'm an egocentric-sizzy-angry guy (I really don't care), but they can deny I've done a good job in here. I closed a lot of useless stuff, gave warnings, check the forum almost every day and created the current rules which are used for the spriting section, flash section and coders paradise, among other things. I still don't know why I care about this forum, but I really do.

Last, but not least, the problem with your argument is that you are talking about the past. I know everyone thinks Blade was a great Mod, and probably he would be a great Mod. I'm not saying that he won't, I'm just saying that he doesn't seem to be online enough time to fullfill the Mod's function (so, modding him would be useless).

If he started to log in more with more frequency, or started lurking (giving warning, locking posts, and telling the mod teams about the problems of the forum without posting), then I'm ok with his modding... but modding him just for the little times he logs in is not logical.

ps:
BTW, how do you know about blade SlashDuffIzzy?? I'm pretty sure you were not here when Blade was really active, were you?

Sorry, I did not intend that to be an attack, I was just stating that it seems you think it would be lame for Blade to be modded cuz of his awesomeness whereas it is easily reversable on you for being modded because of the spriting. You did abuse your mod powers on the old forums, but it was for a good reason in my opinion, so I am actually glad they didn't de-mod you.

And, no I wasn't exactly around when Blade was mod, but I have read just about every topic on the old forums that were actually somewhat important and not spam, so I know alot about how people used to be (such as Spikeman being a spammer)

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:35 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next