The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:11 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

MGN Username: RespectThePixel
Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, every Touhou game ever
Waifu: Alice Margatroid
BlueFirebird wrote:
Anyone like my Hyper Sonic moveset?

OC/10 I especially like the amount of work you put into balancing the character fantastic job

Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:44 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
RespectThePixel wrote:
BlueFirebird wrote:

OC/10 I especially like the amount of work you put into balancing the character fantastic job

This would work as a final smash, but not a standalone character.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Well now that people are back and ready, time to post some movesets I've been working on. First up is another Pokemon, Genesect.

Genesect Reawakens!

Universe: Pokemon

Source Game: Pokemon Black/Black 2/White/White 2 (Nintendo DS)

Palettes: show
Normal - Genesect
Blue - Accelgor/Shiny Yanmega
Red - Shiny/Scizor
Green - Shiny Beedrill
Cyan - Pineco
Orange - Shiny Ledian
Brown - Pinsir
Gray - Steel types

Background Information: Genesect is a Bug/Steel-type Mythical Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It existed 300 million years ago, but recently, Team Plasma altered it to become even more powerful.

Moveset Analysis: Genesect is primarily a tricky zoner, like Pac-Man in Smash 4. However, it does have some powerful moves and has no trouble killing or comboing. Although its aerial mobility is rather poor, its ground speed is not too bad. Basically, viable Samus. Kappa

Stats -
Weight: 110, tied with Samus
Height: Medium
Walk Speed: 3.9, slightly faster than Peach
Initial Dash Speed: Average
Dash Speed: 10.2, same as Marth
Air Speed: Pretty low
Short Hop: Short
Full Hop: Medium
Midair Jump: Medium
Falling Speed: 15.5, third highest in the game
Fast Falling Speed: 18.5, slightly lower than Donkey Kong
Crouch Height: Very low, can crawl

Standard Attacks -

Jab: Metal Claw
Damage: 8%
Knockback: Low
Range: Medium
Description: Genesect scratches swiftly with a steel claw. A one-hit jab.

Forward Tilt: Slash
Damage: 13%
Knockback: Medium-High
Description: Genesect slashes forward. Similar to Wolf's Forward Tilt, but it's only one hit.

Up Tilt: Bug Buzz
Damage: 11%
Description: Genesect sways its head in an arc above it, releasing short green lasers from its eyes.

Down Tilt: Slash
Damage: 9%
Description: Genesect swoops its arm out while sprawled on the ground. Props people up for followups.

Dash Attack: U-Turn
Damage: 10%
Knockback: High
Description: Genesect charges forward. Has some startup, but Genesect will bounce off the opponent if it lands them or their shield. Has great knockback.

Smash Attacks -

Forward Smash: Iron Head
Damage: 17% - 26%
Range: High
Description: Genesect hardens its head and performs a powerful headbutt. Similar to Bowser's Fsmash.

Up Smash: X-Scissor
Damage: 11% - 18% sourspot, 17% - 27% sweetspot
Knockback: Medium sourspot, High sweetspot
Description: Genesect slashes upward with a scissor-like motion. Has a sweetspot in the middle of the attack that is very powerful.

Down Smash: Fury Cutter
Damage: 10% - 17% front hit, 15% - 23% back hit
Description: Genesect slashes downwards quickly, front then back. Like many Down Smashes, the back hit is stronger than the front hit. Similar to Wolf's Down Smash.

Aerials -

Neutral Air: Infestation
Damage: 3% per hit, 12% total
Description: Genesect is enveloped by green darkness, dealing multi-hit dark damage. Similar to Mewtwo's Nair.

Forward Air: Slash
Description: Genesect slashes in front of it. Similar to Wolf's Fair.

Back Air: X-Scissor
Damage: 6% per hit, 12% total
Description: Genesect slashes with both hands behind it. Does 6% per hit with 2 hits, and the 2nd hit has good knockback.

Up Air: Zen Headbutt
Damage: 14%
Description: Genesect performs a strong, psychic-powered headbutt in an arc above it. Great knockback, but a slow move. Similar to Bowser's Uair.

Down Air: Bug Buzz
Knockback: Medium
Description: Like its Up Tilt, but in the air while also upside-down. Has a meteor smash hitbox close to Genesect.

Special Attacks -

Neutral Special: Techno Blast
Damage: Varies
Knockback: Varies
Range: Depends on type
Description: A charging move. Can be stored like Samus' Charge Shot. Genesect fires a beam of light that changes type depending on how long you charge it. You will be able to tell what type the shot will be by looking at Genesect's light on its back. Think of it like Pac-Man's Neutral Special, where instead of the move becoming better as you charge, each type has a different use.

With no charge, Techno Blast is a white, Normal-type beam. The light on Genesect's back is orange. Admittedly the least useful of the Techno Blasts, but easily accessible as you don't need to charge it and can be used as a combo finisher.
Range: Short

With 1 second of charge, Techno Blast is a Water-type beam that pushes opponents. The light on Genesect's back is blue.
Damage: None
Knockback: None, but strong waterbox

With 2 seconds of charge, Techno Blast is an Ice-type beam that freezes opponents. The light on Genesect's back is white.
Damage: 7%
Knockback: Low, freezes

With 3 seconds of charge, Techno Blast is an Electric-type beam that stuns opponents. The light on Genesect's back is yellow.
Damage: 8%
Knockback: Low, stuns
Range: Medium-High

With 4 seconds of charge, Techno Blast is a Fire-type beam that does lots of damage. The light on Genesect's back is red.
Damage: 4% per hit, 16% total

Side Special: Magnet Bomb
Description: Genesect launches a missile from the cannon on its back. Similar to Samus' Missile, as it homes in on opponents. However, Magnet Bomb is a much faster and more effective projectile. Only one missile can be on the screen at a time.

Up Special: Fly
Damage: 5% per magnet
Description: Genesect transforms into a flying-saucer like form, known as High-Speed Flight Form. This allows Genesect to fly freely for about 5 seconds. While flying, Genesect can shoot quick missiles by pressing the special button. The missiles don't do much damage or knockback, but can be shot a bit faster than Magnet Bomb. Opponents can attack Genesect out of it, and they can even stand on it. Shooting missiles can get opponents off of you. Genesect can take opponents up to the upper blast zone like Landmaster (but it doesn't happen unless you're like really stupid). Genesect can cancel the flight by pressing the shield, grab, or attack button, but it takes a while for it to return to normal-form Genesect. Genesect will then go into free fall.

Down Special: Download (Note: Genesect's ability, not a move)
Damage: 3%
Description: Genesect fires a very short beam that acts as more of a command grab than a projectile, as it goes through shields and brings opponents to Genesect. Genesect's eyes glow on a successful grab, and the damage and knockback (amount of time frozen if Ice-type, amount of pushback if Water-type, and amount of stun if Electric-type) on Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb and Fly's missiles will increase by 1.3x (or something like that, not sure how calculating knockback works). The effect goes away when Genesect loses a stock.

Grabs and Throws -

Grab
Description: Genesect swoops both its arms out. 13th best range in the game.

Pummel
Damage: 2%
Description: Genesect slashes away at its opponent. A decent pummel.

Forward Throw: Magnet Bomb
Damage: 2% throw, 10% missile. 12% total
Description: Genesect throws its opponent forward, then launches a Magnet Bomb at its opponent.

Back Throw: Psychic
Description: Genesect uses its (limited) telekinesis to keep the opponent floating, spins around, then releases its opponent. Very strong kill throw, like Ness's.

Up Throw: Signal Beam
Description: Genesect fires a Signal Beam after throwing its opponent into the air. Genesect's best combo throw. Can also chainthrow fast-fallers.

Down Throw: Fell Stinger
Description: Genesect uses its abdomen to stab the opponent after throwing them on the ground. Not really a combo throw.

Final Smash -

Genesect Army
Type: Directional
Damage: 52%
Description: 4 other Genesect appear, and they all perform a super-powered Techno Blast together. The original Genesect fires a Normal-type Techno Blast, while the other Genesect perform the Ice, Water, Fire and Electric type Techno Blasts.

Misc. -

Idle: Genesect stands still, aside from its head turning on its side in a robot-like way.

Idle Pose: Genesect looks down, looks back up, and its eyes glow.

Dash Animation: Genesect flies along the ground.

Entrance: Genesect flies into battle in High-Speed Flight Form, then reassembles into normal form, performing its cry.

Taunt: Genesect looks up, and its eyes glow while making buzzing noises, as if laughing.

Vertical Taunt: Genesect floats up, spins its head on its side, then comes back down.

Side Taunt: Genesect spins its head around 3 times, then readjusts its head back into position.

Victory Pose: Genesect stands sideways, holds its arm out, and its eyes glow.

Victory Theme: Same as all other Pokemon.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:44 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
DSwift wrote:
RespectThePixel wrote:
BlueFirebird wrote:

I only said he would be unlockable character though. Thanks guys! Anyways, I was thinking it could also be a temporary "last resort final smash" similar to how Sheik/Zelda's transformation concept works but with conditions like:

- You have to be at 150%, Jump hold Attack & Special.

- The transformation time will not be shown by a bar like normal but you WILL notice that your percentage goes down 2% percent per second and once it reaches 0, you will revert back to normal so you would have to get the job done quickly.
- After the move has been used, it will render you from using any specials or using the Final Smash for the rest of the match.
- This will only work if you have destroyed the Smash Ball once.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:13 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
This isn't Project M lol

Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:59 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
BlueFirebird wrote:
DSwift wrote:
RespectThePixel wrote:
BlueFirebird wrote:

I only said he would be unlockable character though. Thanks guys! Anyways, I was thinking it could also be a temporary "last resort final smash" similar to how Sheik/Zelda's transformation concept works but with conditions like:

- You have to be at 150%, Jump hold Attack & Special.

- The transformation time will not be shown by a bar like normal but you WILL notice that your percentage goes down 2% percent per second and once it reaches 0, you will revert back to normal so you would have to get the job done quickly.
- After the move has been used, it will render you from using any specials or using the Final Smash for the rest of the match.
- This will only work if you have destroyed the Smash Ball once.

So basically, you need to be at a certain percentage, the minimum time it lasts is 75 seconds, you need to have used a Final Smash and when you've used it, you're utterly screwed because you can't recover.

Not gonna lie, that's not a very good idea. 75 seconds is a really large chunk of a match (1 minute, 15 seconds. Most matches are about 3-5 minutes on average), you need to have items on and a very specific percentage.

This isn't even including how horrendously unbalanced the moveset is: Utilt, Fair and Bair and UAir being auto-sweetspot Knee Smashes. A Neutral Special that instantly returns him to center stage. A fast pummel that does 3-6%. A jab combo that does 45%. A taunt that freezes time AND can be acted out of. Heck, I don't think any "Final Form" final smash or Meta Knight in Brawl comes even a little bit close to being that broken. And you were proposing this as a standalone character?! Come on, really? You would have a character that would competitively nullify this game if it was a thing.

Additionally, Back and Down Throws are missing. My only bit of advice is to tweak the characteristics of some of his moves. It's possible to make it balanced, Super Sonic in SSF1 is only mid-tier. Just adjust percentages of things.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Cool, ok thanks but I wonder where I should start though. I mean, this IS my first moveset so I don't get the whole balance thing. Also I meant that 5% per hit dude.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:30 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
To start, just try and make a character that isn't really good. It will help you get a good feel of things, and its easier to buff things than nerf things.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:53 pm

I just updated my Hyper Sonic Moveset now.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:14 pm
BR Member

BlueFirebird wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's just less damage. Lemme break down my changes for you:
BlueFirebird wrote:
Hyper Sonic

Standard combo:
It starts off with a light electric hit, a punch that stuns the enemy to ensure continuous combos, a sweep that keep the enemy on the ground, and finally, if you don't hit anything right after, he launches a very powerful kick to the opponent to send them away. 15% in total considering each hit is worth 5%.
Remove the stun. It's not needed. Jabs should link into each other with little problem, so the stun and unconventional meteor smash are not needed. It should just be a normal jab. Remember, this is a seperate character.

Forward Tilt Attack: Sonic Wind
Basically blows the enemy away with a gust of wind. Can be angled up and down too. 8%
So, does it have long range, or a windbox? I'd take the former anyday.

Low Tilt Attack: Slide Sweep
This move is no stronger than it was before, but instead can be used rapidly to sweep your opponent across and off the stage. 5%
Does Hyper Sonic slide? Please elaborate further.

High Tilt Attack: Hyper Double Roundhouse
This attack now has properties similar to an always sweetspotting Knee. At high percentages, this attack is practically a guaranteed kill, provided you can actually land it. 7%
No. No. No. That's a terrible idea. Auto-sweetspotting knee is broken. Give this move a sourspot.

Dash Attack: Lightning Spin
Sonic spins at his opponent in front of them until the final blow sends them flying away. 10%
So, basically Sonic's Dash Attack? Ok, that's reasonable.

Forward Smash: Chaos Volt
Sonic lets out a large burst of white flames in front of him that spreads a great distance. This is most likely the 2nd or 3rd strongest move he has. 10% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
How far? 1/8th of FD is enough

Down Smash: Hyper Charge
Sonic charges up brightly and violently before he spins in a circle and knocks away all enemies with great force. 11% uncharged, 16% fully charged.
So, basically Sonic's DSmash? Ok.

Up Smash: Hyper Somersault
Sonic performs his attack from Sonic Battle, using an upward somersault kick to launch opponents into the air. 14% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
Ok, this isn't actually too bad.

Grab Attack: Hyper Knee
Once you grab an opponent, press the attack button as fast as you can and Sonic will constantly knee them much faster than he could before. This racks up a lot of damage quick if they don't get free. 2% for first hit, 3% for remaining hits.
Decrease the pummel damage to 1% only. That's a good damage for a fast pummel.

Back Throw
Does a back flip while holding the opponent and slams them on the ground, sending them backwards. 9% It can KO opponents close to ledges and has better priority the higher the damage of the opponent.
Throw's don't need priority. Other than that, it's fine.

Forward Throw
Sonic launches a powerful kick, sending the opponent flying. This is a definite kill throw at high percentages. 7%

Up Throw
Sonic uses his somersault kick. This is also a kill throw at high percentages. 8%

Down Throw
Sonic teleports behind the opponent and knocks the opponent downwards. 6%
So, what can it do? Chain throw?

Neutral Air
Sonic rapidly spins in place, landing consecutive hits on anyone near him. Plus, if he lands before the attack is finished, he will let off a small, weak explosion. 12%
Ditch the explosion. Unless you're gonna give him significant landing lag.

Forward and Back Air
Both of these moves now work like auto-sweet spotting knees. Forward air should be slightly weaker than back. Forward Air: 17%, Back Air: 14%.
NO! Give them a sourspot, otherwise you have the most free edgeguards intthe game!

Up Air
For this one, the first kick should draw the opponent close while the second hit works like F-Air and B-Air. This move also causes you to float upward and can be exploited as a neat trick to fly back up to the stage when falling down after a jump or Up-B. 12%.
This is his most unbalanced move probably. Floating upwards and auto-sweetspot knee? No. Neither of these. Just give it a strong hit at the end or something.

Down Air
Once Sonic hits someone, the force of the blow will bring them falling down to the platform, where then he will knock them away with a small, weak explosion. Also if this move is used on someone already on the ground, they'll shoot upward instead. 10%
What? Does it meteor smash? Explain!

Neutral B: Light Speed Attack
Sonic will rise up, glowing as he spins and say "C'mon!" Afterwards, he'll home in anyone near him, and he will constantly attack them again and again until they have been knocked away from his path . If used in midair, he will lock on to any nearby opponent and as soon as he makes contact with the opponent, he will eagle kick them downwards. Also if he falls out of his spinning form before he hits the ground, he'll bound and create an explosion. 14%.
So, basically a locking homing attack?. No. Just no.

Side B: Hyper Boost
This move is a bit tricky. You have to use it at the right time. Sonic will dash forward and pierce through anyone in his way. However, if you use it while running, Sonic will stop in place and use it. If you use it just as you dash (start running), then he'll go forward. However, the fastest speed can be obtained when you teleport (dodge) backwards, then quickly hit the attack. He'll go shooting forward to halfway across the stage. 15%.
So, this is basically light dash?

Air Side B: Starlight Flash
Sonic spins in midair for a quick second, then in a flash, disappears as a star takes his place and knocks away anyone near it. 13%.
Does it do anything like move him?

Up B and all dodges: Chaos Control
Sonic will teleport upward for UP-B or backwards/forwards for dodging, depending on which move you use. For the UP-B, after you use it Sonic will be in a helpless state.
Seems reasonable. How far does it go?

Down B: Hyper Spin Dash
Hyper Sonic charges up for his spin dash, shining brighter as he revs up more power, then lets off. While the attack damage is the same, the spin dash is now always fast, has instant turning and can be cancelled out of with any attack. Finally, when you jump during the dash, the hit will give them little knockback. 5% for each hit.
Remove the bolded bit.

Taunt: Time Stop
Hyper Sonic will freeze everyone in time, leaving him free to attack them at his leisure. However, this only lasts for 4 seconds, so use that to your advantage and land however many attacks you can, if not just one powerful blow.
No. Taunts should not be that broken. Remove this entirely.

Final Smash: Hyper Sonic Flash
Now then, for those of you who played S3&K, do you remember the move Hyper Sonic had that if you double jumped, he would cause the whole screen to flash and destroy everything on the screen? For the final smash, Hyper Sonic will let out a burst so grand it takes up the entire screen and immediately annihilates everyone. 45%

Fanfare: Sonic Unleashed Results
Win pose: End of stage S-Rank for Sonic Generations.
Lose pose: Claps to the winner, smiling , and reverted back to normal Sonic.

This moveset is literally just Broken SSF2 Sonic.

Good job :yoshi: :evil:

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Another moveset yay

Proto Man Brings the Blues!

Palettes: show

Universe: Mega Man

Source Game: Mega Man 3 (NES)

Background Information: Proto Man is the first Robot Master created by Dr. Light. Essentially the older brother to Mega Man and Roll. He first appeared in Mega Man 3, appearing every so often to challenge Mega Man to see if he could beat Dr. Wily. Proto Man has appeared in several games since, becoming a major recurring character. Because Mega Man and Proto Man are so similar, some of Proto Man's moves are borrowed from Mega Man's moveset, but he has many of his own. However, due to being a flawed prototype, his energy core has a critical problem...

SUPER HUGE GIMMICK THING:
Proto Man has several amazing qualities, being a very fast, agile fighter, having some of the best high-damaging combos in the game, and fantastic kill power. Once Proto Man starts going, it's hard to stop him. However, the flaw of Proto Man, due to being an unfinished prototype, is that Proto Man takes two times the normal damage. Knockback is unaffected, and thus, due to his weight, height, and above-average fall speed this allows him to get screwed up quite a bit if the Proto Man player isn't careful. Proto Man is truly a force to be reckoned with, but so is his opponent. However, Proto Man's projectiles aren't as powerful as his melee attacks, which do a lot of damage, encouraging aggressive play a bit more, though Proto Man can still be used as an effective keep-away character.

Another thing to note: While standing, walking, dashing, jumping, falling, using dash attack, down smash, or forward air, the Proto Shield protects him from all projectiles, similar to Link's Hylian Shield.

Stats -
Weight: 104, same as Mega Man
Height: Medium, very slightly taller than Mega Man
Walk Speed: 7, same as Goku and Sonic
Initial Dash Speed: Very fast
Dash Speed: 13.5, slightly slower than Fox
Air Speed: High
Short Hop: Short
Full Hop: High
Midair Jump: High
Falling Speed: 14.2, slightly lower than Link
Fast Fall Speed: 17.5, slightly higher than Bomberman
Crouch Height: Medium

Standard Attacks -

Jab/Forward Tilt/Neutral Air: Proto Buster
Damage: 4% each hit
Knockback: Very Low
Range: Short-range projectile
Description: Proto Man fires his Proto Buster, similar to Mega Man's jab in SSB4. However, Proto Man can only shoot 2 at a time, rather than 3. Proto Man can also walk and jump during the jab, doubling as a Forward Tilt and Neutral Air as well. The aerial version of this attack has a sweetspot at the end of the attack that does high knockback.

Up Tilt: Proto Kick
Damage: 17% clean, 12% mid, 8% late
Knockback: Very High
Description: Proto Man kicks upwards with tremendous power, to contrast Mega Man's Mega Upper (and my Bass's Somersault Kick).

Down Tilt: Slide
Damage: 14% - 8%
Description: Proto Man slides along the ground, just like Mega Man. However, Proto Man slides significantly faster, causing more damage. Also has much less end lag, making it a potent combo move.

Dash Attack: Shield Bash
Damage: 15%
Description: Proto Man bashes the opponent with his Proto Shield, similar to Palutena's dash attack. Also blocks projectiles.

Smash Attacks -

Forward Smash: Proto Strike
Damage: 15% - 32%
Range: Depends on charge
Description: Proto Man charges up and releases a powerful, short-ranged charge shot-like blast. Similar to Mega Man's Forward Smash in SSB4, but is stronger and a smaller projectile.

Up Smash: Jewel Satellite
Damage: 4% - 8% per jewel, 16% - 34% total
Description: Jewels spin around Proto Man and go upwards in front of him. They are short-lived, disappearing a moment after they go above Proto Man. From Jewel Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Down Smash: Proto Dance
Damage: 14% - 29% front hit, 16% - 31% back hit
Description: Proto Man kneels down on the ground, and extends his Proto Shield forward while kicking backward. The back kick is stronger than the front shield hit, but the shield hit will also block projectiles.

Aerials -

Neutral Air: (see jab)

Forward Air: Shield Bash
Description: Proto Man bashes his Proto Shield forward. Also deflects projectiles.

Back Air: Hornet Chaser
Damage: 4% per hornet, 16% total
Description: Proto Man shoots 4 hornets that attack and then swoop back. From Hornet Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Up Air: Tornado Blow
Damage: 13% per tornado
Range: High vertical
Description: Similar to Mega Man's Up Air, but Proto Man shoots 3 tornadoes upward instead of 1. The other two go at a slight diagonal angle. From Tornado Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Down Air: Plug Ball
Damage: 12%
Description: Proto Man shoots a spark downwards that has a meteor smash hitbox all the way through. While not the most powerful meteor, it can certainly be enough to end a stock early depending on the opponent's recovery. From Plug Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Special Moves -

Neutral Special: Black Hole Bomb
Damage: None
Knockback: None
Range: Medium-range projectile
Description: Proto Man fires the Black Hole Bomb, a slow-moving projectile that can be controlled slightly. Similar to Mega Man's Black Hole Bomb in v0.9b. Rather than dealing damage, the black hole pulls opponents and projectiles in, and they will be trapped for a short time. This allows Proto Man to get in and cause quite the damage himself. From Galaxy Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Side Special: Laser Trident
Damage: 4%
Range: Long-range projectile
Description: Proto Man launches the Laser Trident, which travels in a straight path for a while until it disappears. The damage is pretty terrible, and only one trident can be on the screen at a time, but this attack does massive shield damage, like Tails' Energy Ball Blaster. From Splash Woman's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Up Special: Beat Call
Damage: 6% per hit (lemons)
Knockback: Low (lemons)
Range: High-reaching recovery move
Description: Similar to Mega Man's current Up Special, Proto Man is carried by Beat. Like Mega Man, Proto Man can shoot from his Proto Buster while flying up. However, he can still only shoot twice. Just like Mega Man's Up Special, Proto Man can cancel it with an aerial.

Down Special: Concrete Shot
Damage: 18% direct, 3% per bit
Knockback: High (direct), Low (bits)
Range: Short-range projectile
Description: Proto Man shoots a glob of concrete. The concrete solidifies into a block when it touches the ground or a wall. The shot itself does a lot of damage and knockback, but it has very short range. After the block has solidified, Proto Man and opponents can attack it to turn into 5 little bits that fly out and do damage. When Proto Man or an opponent stands on the block, it cracks and then disintegrates shortly. Concrete Shot can be used for recovery by shooting it at a wall and then recovering onto it. However, the block will disintegrate, so you must be quick. From Concrete Man's weapon in Mega Man 9. Inspired by Kragg's Neutral Special in Rivals of Aether.

Grabs and Throws -

Grab
Description: Proto Man holds his shield behind him, and extends his arm for a grab. 10th best range in the game.

Pummel: Shield Bash
Damage: 3%
Description: Proto Man bashes the opponent with the Proto Shield. Does 3% damage and is slightly faster than most pummels that do the same damage.

Forward Throw: Hornet Chaser
Damage: 2% throw, 3% per bee, 14% total
Description: Proto Man throws the opponent forward, and sends out 4 hornets to attack the opponent. From Hornet Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Back Throw: Magma Bazooka
Damage: 3% throw, 12% blast, 15% total
Description: Proto Man begins charging, throws his opponent behind him, and releases a powerful fire blast. A fantastic kill throw. From Magma Man's weapon in Mega Man 9.

Up Throw: Proto Buster
Damage: 2% throw, 4% per shot, 10% total
Description: Proto Man throws his opponent upward, and shoots two pellets from his Proto Buster. Similar to Fox's Up Throw.

Down Throw: Proto Drop
Damage: 12%
Description: Proto Man throws his opponent on the ground, and delivers an elbow drop with his Proto Shield. A good combo throw.

Final Smash -

Big Bang Strike
Type: Directional/Trapping
Damage: 60%
Description: Proto Man uses an enlarged version of the Black Hole Bomb to suck in opponents. If successful, Proto Man shoots an ultra-powerful energy blast, known as the Big Bang Strike, on the black hole, causing massive damage to opponents. The final hit launches opponents.

Misc. -

Idle: Proto Man stands with his Proto Shield in front of him, protecting him from projectiles. Doesn't move, just like Mega Man.

Idle Pose: Proto Man pumps his fist.

Dash Animation: Proto Man runs swiftly, shield covering him from projectiles.

Entrance: Proto Man spawns in from a red light, whistle fully included.

Taunt: Proto Man takes off his helmet and looks away, similar to Mega Man's taunt.

Vertical Taunt: Proto Man takes off his scarf, twirls it, and grins. His visor shines, and he puts his scarf back on.

Side Taunt: Proto Man strikes a pose with his shield in front of him and says "Watch your back."

Victory Pose: Proto Man puts his shield on his back and smiles.

Victory Theme: Same as Mega Man's.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 pm

I just realized why I don't review: I forget half my criticisms once im done. Anyways, here is a little of my thoughts.
The down-tilt is a quick, long ranged, strong combo move. See my point?
The forward air is strong enough as it is. You don't need a reflector to, and that would be weird to have on an aerial anyways.
The up-air's damage is insane compared to :megaman:'s; I don't think :megaman:'s even does damage.
How fast is Laser Trident? Is it just something to make people panic so you can get in(slow), or is it quick so if you read a shield you can break it? How much shield damage?
Is his up-throw combo-able like foxes?
For a combo throw, D-throw does an awful lot of damage.
Is Big Bang Strike an insta-kill?
Link's shield doesn't protect him when he moves. Did you intend for proto-mans to do it?

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:45 pm

RagnorokX wrote:
I just realized why I don't review: I forget half my criticisms once im done. Anyways, here is a little of my thoughts.
The down-tilt is a quick, long ranged, strong combo move. See my point?
The forward air is strong enough as it is. You don't need a reflector to, and that would be weird to have on an aerial anyways.
The up-air's damage is insane compared to :megaman:'s; I don't think :megaman:'s even does damage.
How fast is Laser Trident? Is it just something to make people panic so you can get in(slow), or is it quick so if you read a shield you can break it? How much shield damage?
Is his up-throw combo-able like foxes?
For a combo throw, D-throw does an awful lot of damage.
Is Big Bang Strike an insta-kill?
Link's shield doesn't protect him when he moves. Did you intend for proto-mans to do it?

1. Good point.
2. The forward air acts like Palutena's back air.
3. Yes, :megaman: 's Up Air does do damage, and the point is that Proto Man does more damage than Mega Man.
4. The projectile itself would be about medium speed, but it wouldn't have much range. The startup of the actual move is about average. I'd say it would deplete about 50% of the shield.
5. Probably pretty decently, but pretty DI-dependent.
6. Yup, it does.
7. Not quite.
8. Yes, that is intentional.

Sorry for not clarifying these points in my first post.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:24 pm

I'd say my first review was a total success. Cheers :D!

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:27 pm

DSwift wrote:
BlueFirebird wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's just less damage. Lemme break down my changes for you:
BlueFirebird wrote:
Hyper Sonic

Standard combo:
It starts off with a light electric hit, a punch that stuns the enemy to ensure continuous combos, a sweep that keep the enemy on the ground, and finally, if you don't hit anything right after, he launches a very powerful kick to the opponent to send them away. 15% in total considering each hit is worth 5%.
Remove the stun. It's not needed. Jabs should link into each other with little problem, so the stun and unconventional meteor smash are not needed. It should just be a normal jab. Remember, this is a seperate character.

Forward Tilt Attack: Sonic Wind
Basically blows the enemy away with a gust of wind. Can be angled up and down too. 8%
So, does it have long range, or a windbox? I'd take the former anyday.

Low Tilt Attack: Slide Sweep
This move is no stronger than it was before, but instead can be used rapidly to sweep your opponent across and off the stage. 5%
Does Hyper Sonic slide? Please elaborate further.

High Tilt Attack: Hyper Double Roundhouse
This attack now has properties similar to an always sweetspotting Knee. At high percentages, this attack is practically a guaranteed kill, provided you can actually land it. 7%
No. No. No. That's a terrible idea. Auto-sweetspotting knee is broken. Give this move a sourspot.

Dash Attack: Lightning Spin
Sonic spins at his opponent in front of them until the final blow sends them flying away. 10%
So, basically Sonic's Dash Attack? Ok, that's reasonable.

Forward Smash: Chaos Volt
Sonic lets out a large burst of white flames in front of him that spreads a great distance. This is most likely the 2nd or 3rd strongest move he has. 10% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
How far? 1/8th of FD is enough

Down Smash: Hyper Charge
Sonic charges up brightly and violently before he spins in a circle and knocks away all enemies with great force. 11% uncharged, 16% fully charged.
So, basically Sonic's DSmash? Ok.

Up Smash: Hyper Somersault
Sonic performs his attack from Sonic Battle, using an upward somersault kick to launch opponents into the air. 14% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
Ok, this isn't actually too bad.

Grab Attack: Hyper Knee
Once you grab an opponent, press the attack button as fast as you can and Sonic will constantly knee them much faster than he could before. This racks up a lot of damage quick if they don't get free. 2% for first hit, 3% for remaining hits.
Decrease the pummel damage to 1% only. That's a good damage for a fast pummel.

Back Throw
Does a back flip while holding the opponent and slams them on the ground, sending them backwards. 9% It can KO opponents close to ledges and has better priority the higher the damage of the opponent.
Throw's don't need priority. Other than that, it's fine.

Forward Throw
Sonic launches a powerful kick, sending the opponent flying. This is a definite kill throw at high percentages. 7%

Up Throw
Sonic uses his somersault kick. This is also a kill throw at high percentages. 8%

Down Throw
Sonic teleports behind the opponent and knocks the opponent downwards. 6%
So, what can it do? Chain throw?

Neutral Air
Sonic rapidly spins in place, landing consecutive hits on anyone near him. Plus, if he lands before the attack is finished, he will let off a small, weak explosion. 12%
Ditch the explosion. Unless you're gonna give him significant landing lag.

Forward and Back Air
Both of these moves now work like auto-sweet spotting knees. Forward air should be slightly weaker than back. Forward Air: 17%, Back Air: 14%.
NO! Give them a sourspot, otherwise you have the most free edgeguards intthe game!

Up Air
For this one, the first kick should draw the opponent close while the second hit works like F-Air and B-Air. This move also causes you to float upward and can be exploited as a neat trick to fly back up to the stage when falling down after a jump or Up-B. 12%.
This is his most unbalanced move probably. Floating upwards and auto-sweetspot knee? No. Neither of these. Just give it a strong hit at the end or something.

Down Air
Once Sonic hits someone, the force of the blow will bring them falling down to the platform, where then he will knock them away with a small, weak explosion. Also if this move is used on someone already on the ground, they'll shoot upward instead. 10%
What? Does it meteor smash? Explain!

Neutral B: Light Speed Attack
Sonic will rise up, glowing as he spins and say "C'mon!" Afterwards, he'll home in anyone near him, and he will constantly attack them again and again until they have been knocked away from his path . If used in midair, he will lock on to any nearby opponent and as soon as he makes contact with the opponent, he will eagle kick them downwards. Also if he falls out of his spinning form before he hits the ground, he'll bound and create an explosion. 14%.
So, basically a locking homing attack?. No. Just no.

Side B: Hyper Boost
This move is a bit tricky. You have to use it at the right time. Sonic will dash forward and pierce through anyone in his way. However, if you use it while running, Sonic will stop in place and use it. If you use it just as you dash (start running), then he'll go forward. However, the fastest speed can be obtained when you teleport (dodge) backwards, then quickly hit the attack. He'll go shooting forward to halfway across the stage. 15%.
So, this is basically light dash?

Air Side B: Starlight Flash
Sonic spins in midair for a quick second, then in a flash, disappears as a star takes his place and knocks away anyone near it. 13%.
Does it do anything like move him?

Up B and all dodges: Chaos Control
Sonic will teleport upward for UP-B or backwards/forwards for dodging, depending on which move you use. For the UP-B, after you use it Sonic will be in a helpless state.
Seems reasonable. How far does it go?

Down B: Hyper Spin Dash
Hyper Sonic charges up for his spin dash, shining brighter as he revs up more power, then lets off. While the attack damage is the same, the spin dash is now always fast, has instant turning and can be cancelled out of with any attack. Finally, when you jump during the dash, the hit will give them little knockback. 5% for each hit.
Remove the bolded bit.

Taunt: Time Stop
Hyper Sonic will freeze everyone in time, leaving him free to attack them at his leisure. However, this only lasts for 4 seconds, so use that to your advantage and land however many attacks you can, if not just one powerful blow.
No. Taunts should not be that broken. Remove this entirely.

Final Smash: Hyper Sonic Flash
Now then, for those of you who played S3&K, do you remember the move Hyper Sonic had that if you double jumped, he would cause the whole screen to flash and destroy everything on the screen? For the final smash, Hyper Sonic will let out a burst so grand it takes up the entire screen and immediately annihilates everyone. 45%

Fanfare: Sonic Unleashed Results
Win pose: End of stage S-Rank for Sonic Generations.
Lose pose: Claps to the winner, smiling , and reverted back to normal Sonic.

This moveset is literally just Broken SSF2 Sonic.

Good job :yoshi: :evil:

Yeah just upated and changed the moveset again. Although, I've scrapped my original transformation theory and shortened the transformation time by 50%. And isnt Hyper Sonic SUPPOSED to be broken like in Sonic 3&K?

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:51 am
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 46  Next