The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:46 pm

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Wayward Winds 
Site Moderator

Ari took the small time that Trevor was gone to look around. I wonder who'll I'll be working with? he thought. He took a small mental note looking at the various occupants, temporarily stopping to see the woman, who was apparently taking herself inconspicuous, before resuming. "The Captain will see you now. You may enter." he looked at Trevor, wondering at his odd tone, before moving to the storeroom.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 am

Currently Playing: The Game
He already knew that the inn keeper wasn't the captain. The nerve, Jong thought and wanted the bash the man's face in only to feel better. Maybe next time seeing the boy come out announcing that the captain was now accessible. He stepped in to the dark room, and behind the man who came in before him wearing a full face helmet. That thought shook him a bit, a full face helmet yet some loose clothes about him. Such an odd attire and Jong could not determine whether he was a mage or a warrior. The issue at hand was not that however, as he finally proceeded to the table, remaining standing as to obscure as much of himself as possible from the light shining on the table. It was not good manners to talk first.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:17 am

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
OOC: Oh my god, finally. Your new avi scares me, Zesper. Too cheerful.
IC:
"The Captain will see you now. You may enter." came the insolent voice. The second Lenard heard this, he jumped up from his chair, eager to find the captain and receive the details of the trip. As he walked towards the door, his black eyes attempted to pierce the darkness and failed, reminding him of the forest. The sooner he got off this island, the better, for his health. Snatching a drink from a nearby cup, he made his way to the door, his hand on his daggers.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:03 pm
Site Admin

Aneira heard the click of the door as the key turned the tumblers within the lock, unlocking the door. Everyone began to go through the door and into the storeroom, it looked dark within. She disliked being in dark places with others, especially men, but she got up from her spot at the table. "It would be a while until the food was ready anyways" she thought to herself as she followed them into the room. She would have stood on her tippy toes in order to catch a glimpse of the accursed pirate but she did not want to draw too much attention to herself. She walked over to one of the wicker chairs and sat down, while noting the various others who had also came for the recruitment.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Johnny indignantly walked through the door into the store room. He had become comfortable in the chair where he sat, but grudgingly got up. The room was dank and dark. He could feel the moisture coming from all around. There were several wicker chairs, several of which had been taken by the other men and the one girl. He decided to take a seat near the edge of the room. He saw a shadowed figure, which he assumed to be the captain, standing near the edge of the scene. Johnny leaned back, put his hands behind his head, and waited to hear what the captain had to say.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Setting
Ponchelli Inn: Storage Room

________________________________________________________________________________
As most of the group filed into the dank room, Trevor slowly closed the door behind them, the light from the hallway seeped through the gaps around the door. For a few moments, nothing happened, only eerie silence was to be heard. Suddenly, the back of the room, two green, cat-like eyes appeared and stared unblinking at the recruits. The footsteps were heard as the eyes got closer. From the shadows, emerged A young man in his early twenties, dressed in a fancy get-up and a large red, feathered fedora. As he swaggered from the darkness, he pulled out from the messenger bag he carried, a large, tattered, blood red flag, The mark of the Scarlet Dread. Stopping at the side of the desk, he held it out in front of him, waving it slightly to show his watchers. Then, without a word, reaching into a back pocket, he produced a match and too, waved it in front of them. With a fluent motion, the man struck the match against one of the belts he wore, and the small flammable stick ignited. Then, daintily holding holding the match to a corner of the flag, he lit the cloth on fire and let it drop to the ground in front of him. Stepping away from the now flaming flag, he walked over to the large armchair and took a seat. He immediately slumped down in the chair and sighed, his gaze shifted from one recruit's face to another. After a few minutes of doing this, he finally pulled himself up to a sitting position, and folded his gloved hands out in front of him on the desk, and stared up at the group.

Captain Avigo
________________________________________________________________________________
Letting out another sigh, Avigo re-adjusted his hat to it's usual tilt, and then cleared his throat, ignoring the flaming pile of cloth next to the desk. "I am not pleased with the Scarlet Dread." He plainly stated, putting his hands back in front of him. "Does anyone in this room know why that is?" His eyes were wide as he examined the recruits who stood (or sat) before him. Avigo wasn't expecting an answer from the lot of them, only looking for any visible signs of emotion from any of their faces that might of been brought up by the mentioning of the "Scarlet Dread".

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:30 pm

"...the Scarlet Dread." the name didn't ring a bell. Lenard looks to the Captain in confusion. "Scarlet Dread?" he asks. Why would the Captain hold any animosity towards this... group, the Scarlet Dread?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:10 pm
Site Moderator

Ari looked on, keeping a straight face, and slightly admiring the man's sense of style (and lack of helmet). He didn't really know anything about the Scarlet Dread, except that the farmer was frightened about them (and did tell Ari about them, though he chose staring at a butterfly than listening to a few stories) and they sounded scary. "So do you still have any corn muffins left?" he asked, having no other answer.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 pm
Site Admin

Aneira's eyes danced and glittered as the match flickered and caught on to the flag belonging to the accursed scarlet dread. She eyed him as the captain walked to his desk and sat down, he was much younger than she had originally thought he would have been, she made a mental note to be wary of him. The man must have been very capable despite his age if he was able to be captain to such a despicable crew.She was pleased with the burning of the flag but did not let any sign of it show on her usually emotionless face. "Hmm...perhaps he isn't so bad....for a pirate" she thought to herself. Silence had fallen upon the room, the recruits stared at him and he at them.

"I am not pleased with the Scarlet Dread." He plainly stated, putting his hands back in front of him. "Does anyone in this room know why that is?"

"Because of a mutiny that resulted in your near demise." said Aneira as-a-matter-of-factly, "You were taken in by the innkeeper family, and they nursed you back to health. Now you hope to form a crew, without owning a ship of your own, to my knowledge, and punish the fools that crossed your path"

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:18 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
"I am not pleased with the Scarlet Dread," the Captain plainly stated, putting his hands back in front of him, "Does anyone in this room know why that is?"

"Because of a mutiny that resulted in your near demise." said a woman as-a-matter-of-factly, "You were taken in by the innkeeper family, and they nursed you back to health. Now you hope to form a crew, without owning a ship of your own, to my knowledge, and punish the fools that crossed your path"

So that's his motivation huh? Jong thought to himself, remaining as professional as a former soldier could. The mention of Scarlet Dread almost drew a smile on his face. They were worthy adversaries despite their unruliness and this captain seemed quite determined, with his symbolic burning of a Scarlet Dread flag. Still he had to be realistic, it was potentially not worth the cost of fighting them if this captain had nothing to offer.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 am

Johnny's sight was filled with the image of the burning flag. "Because of a mutiny that resulted in your near demise." said a woman as-a-matter-of-factly, "You were taken in by the innkeeper family, and they nursed you back to health. Now you hope to form a crew, without owning a ship of your own, to my knowledge, and punish the fools that crossed your path" That would make a lot of sense as to why the captain was here. He shifted uncomfortably as the room was silent. Many of the other recruits mumbled various inaudible things. He reached in his pocket for his deck of cards. He removed a single card, flung it in the air, and it landed softly on his lap. "Unlucky" he muttered. The card he had drawn was the jack of spades. The last time he had drawn the same card was on that fateful day... this couldn't be a good sign for him. He was still determined to join the captain's quest, even if it ended in ways that he hadn't expected.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Captain Avigo
_________________________________________________________________________________
"My, my..." The Captain cooed, quite surprised at the responses he got, leaning forward on the desk "The Pochelli's told you, did they not? ... No matter. I suppose it is for the best that you are well informed." Without taking his eyes off the group, Avigo leaned off to the side of his chair and reached for something that was hidden behind the desk. Once he sat back up, the Captain was holding a corn muffin. Still not adverting his eyes from the group, he threw it at the helmeted man, and continued on talking in a calm, smooth tone "Four weeks ago, I was the twenty-ninth Captain of the Scarlet Dread, commander of the ship known as the "ClavaNova", specializing in intercepting royal class trade ships. I commanded under me, a crew of fifty-eight men, and under them, twenty-six... Ahem... "Passengers". For reasons unknown to even myself, mutiny took place aboard my ship, and those who I believed were "comrades" stabbed me in the back. As luck would 'ave it, a window was open and I took my chances with the waters." Stopping for a moment, Avigo glanced around the room at the listeners before cheerfully saying "Any questions, or shall I move on?"

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 pm

What the captain had said seemed straight forward enough. "What is your mission that you need a crew for?"

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:03 pm
Site Moderator

Ari placed his hands behind his head and without a thought, slowly levitated the incoming muffin and moved it into his mouth (and either unaware or not caring of the fact that he had the helmet blocking it, yet still managing to go through). After a few bites, he paused to gather his thoughts (by staring at the ceiling) and asked. "Was this close to where we are?".

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Amazing... Lenard thought. This man's a pirate, and he swam for goodness knows how far. Quickly thinking, he blurted, with the chorus of the other questions, "So your looking for revenge? How would you keep up without a ship? Is there even a ship for us to use?".

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm
 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next