The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 38  Next
Fox 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Good Job! I think its good to note that out of the 25 characters it *can* work on at 0%, 9 of them drop off (leaving 16, but Mario's is barely). So Fox can upthrow->uair half the cast reliably. Idk if he can actually kill off of these though on an average stage, the reason Fox can hit these characters is that they don't fly too far and the distance they fly so that he can hit them with uair might not be enough for the uair to kill.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
By the way:

Is there some percentage where Fox can't reach them without falling and so the combo doesn't work? Fox can SH and then FH, SH, FH, and double FH. Are there any characters that can sneak in between two of these and avoid the combo at certain percents?

Uthrow uair works reliably as a kill option against the characters. I don't recall exactly, but I think no character that I hit with uair survived at 100%: it's one of the best vertical kill moves in the game used at a double FJ height.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:56 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
I think Uthrow > Bair is as useful as Uthrow > Uair.

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:01 am
BR Member

Against fast-fallers, it's more so. However, I'm pretty certain on the borderline characters uair kills earlier. Additionally, for some characters the combo only works with uair because the little bit of vertical reach makes all the difference.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
SoldierSunday wrote:
I think Uthrow > Bair is as useful as Uthrow > Uair.

I do all on the characters I can. I do Uthrow > Uair > Bair or sometimes go for another Uair.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:41 pm

MGN Username: Agate
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Fox is definitely a good character. His moves are decent kill moves especially his N-air, B-air, and U-air. Fox may not have a decent combo game as other characters, but it is a challenge to try and find one which make it fun. He's also very fun once you figure out how to do the multi-shine.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:13 pm
BR Member

His combo game isn't really that bad. He has super solid B&B's that do upwards of 30% and possibilities for more given ideal circumstances.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:25 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
His combo game isn't really that bad. He has super solid B&B's that do upwards of 30% and possibilities for more given ideal circumstances.

Agreed and N-air is not really a relialbe kill move.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
His combo game is amazing what are you talking about lol

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:31 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Still , his N-air can setup a kill move depends the opponent's DI and weight.
Nair > turnaround shine > Bair
Nair > (shine) > JC Upsmash.

Fox is a scary character in the hands of a technical and inventive player. He can pretty much 0-to-death his ditto or do heavy combos against most chars in the roster.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Fox can also do N-air into sliding U-smash depending on DI at certain percents

Dashing into a short hop U-air after a N-air also works, but it's much harder.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:59 am

Nair > (shine) > JC~ grab
ZERO_OR wrote:

Reliable kill moves are u-smash, u-air and (reverse) bair

Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:04 am

Lunary wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Still , his N-air can setup a kill move depends the opponent's DI and weight.
Nair > turnaround shine > Bair
Nair > (shine) > JC Upsmash.

Fox is a scary character in the hands of a technical and inventive player. He can pretty much 0-to-death his ditto or do heavy combos against most chars in the roster.

Oh I know and use it to start a lot of my combos.

@Auraka
I agree

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TzOG C
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, SSBB,
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Shining out of the initial dash (you can't JC shine, just dash-cancel shine) and short-hopping produces a waveshine-like effect that allows super easy followups. I'm not sure you can continue it for Melee-like waveshining, but it works on almost every character and leads into tons of high-percentage combos like nair-shine-utilt or dair-shine-usmash. Not sure if this is widely known already.

I've kept saying this in IRC chat but everyone always thinks I'm talking about multishining. It can be continued like waveshining in Melee but just like waveshining, its a hard tech to master. I used to have a replay of it but its the previous patch of ssf2. Its on DK and I've tested it in Training Mode multiple times, it is a true combo;however, you have to practically be inside the other char and have to pretty much do frame perfect shines.

Edit: Utilt to any aerial is a true combo if you read the DI, works at high percents too allowing for Utilt > Uair to function like Melee's Uthrow > Uair but reading the DI is harder and getting the second hit of Uair is pretty hard too, at least for me it is.

Edit 2: The little "tech" replay is on the previous patch that is 0.9.1.1978 for anyone that wants it

"Anyone can KNOW everything, few can LEARN everything." ~Me...hopefully lol

The colors don't represent the character's default colors, rather they represent my chosen colors for them.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 pm

TzOG C wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Shining out of the initial dash (you can't JC shine, just dash-cancel shine) and short-hopping produces a waveshine-like effect that allows super easy followups. I'm not sure you can continue it for Melee-like waveshining, but it works on almost every character and leads into tons of high-percentage combos like nair-shine-utilt or dair-shine-usmash. Not sure if this is widely known already.

I've kept saying this in IRC chat but everyone always thinks I'm talking about multishining. It can be continued like waveshining in Melee but just like waveshining, its a hard tech to master. I used to have a replay of it but its the previous patch of ssf2. Its on DK and I've tested it in Training Mode multiple times, it is a true combo;however, you have to practically be inside the other char and have to pretty much do frame perfect shines.

Edit: Utilt to any aerial is a true combo if you read the DI, works at high percents too allowing for Utilt > Uair to function like Melee's Uthrow > Uair but reading the DI is harder and getting the second hit of Uair is pretty hard too, at least for me it is.

Edit 2: The little "tech" replay is on the previous patch that is 0.9.1.1978 for anyone that wants it

Yeah I use up tilt a lot and into combo into finishers as well. The thing about Fox's up tilt is that it sends the opponent into a nice amount of hitstun just like DK's does so you can follow up with almost anything.

On Fox, Falcon and Bomberman I use up throw into up tilt since their accelerated falling speed is so high.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 38  Next