The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:27 pm

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Matchup Spread 

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
firewater wrote:
Def has been a while since i've been able to play (working a camp, wifi isn't bad but the college has weird s*** that prevents the online system for SSF2 from working (have tried, all DC's). But between theorycrafting + what i remember before being on this forced sabbatical for 3 weeks, this is what i had in terms of DK MU's.

Long and short of it is that most DK matchups are both stage dependent and very volatile- the chart is less terrible than it appears because I think most of his MU's are close to even- he only has a few in either direction that are solid wins or losses.

(get a secondary for Bandanna and Bowser though, in my opinion).

Luigi slightly beats DK imo BC combos.

DK defiantly beats Bowser. He has a better grab game, better frame data, less landing lag, and is faster than Bowser. DK is basically a better Bowser in every way besides kill power and survivability.

Mmmm not sure about DK beating, even being even with bowser. Bowser just has to use up-throw and win or get DK offstage. Both have great combos against the other but Bowser has a projectile for edge guards, slightly better aerial options, a way stronger up-air, and arguably more useful specials for the MU. As far as frame data, they're isn't much difference between them on moves like up-tilt or nair, but Bowser having a very quick, disjointed, long Fair becomes a serious tipping point in the MU.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:56 pm

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
firewater wrote:
Def has been a while since i've been able to play (working a camp, wifi isn't bad but the college has weird s*** that prevents the online system for SSF2 from working (have tried, all DC's). But between theorycrafting + what i remember before being on this forced sabbatical for 3 weeks, this is what i had in terms of DK MU's.

Long and short of it is that most DK matchups are both stage dependent and very volatile- the chart is less terrible than it appears because I think most of his MU's are close to even- he only has a few in either direction that are solid wins or losses.

Luigi slightly beats DK imo BC combos.

DK defiantly beats Bowser. He has a better grab game, better frame data, less landing lag, and is faster than Bowser. DK is basically a better Bowser in every way besides kill power and survivability.

Bowser-

Manta covered a lot of it- yes DK can combo bowser just as easily as vice versa, but the thing about it is that bowser is still a tiny bit quicker + it appears his reach, other than DK tilts is overall longer. Honestly, neutral B doesn't do a bunch for bowser because overall it puts bowser in a lot of lag that leaves him vulnerable- now if he's not careful the fireball just is free for DK but it's not really needed other than when DK gets offstage- still decent but doesn't beat it too much. Problem is that the punish game is significantly worse for DK, as Bowser gets far more percentage, and has a higher chance of getting the kill from one errant ftilt, grab, etc than DK does.

Second is that it's much harder for DK to land versus Bowser than vice-versa, can DK land, yes, as can bowser, but the difference is that if forced to up b/recover high, it's not quick enough/he doesn't have the air mobility to easily recover, not to mention if bowser's feeling frisky, Dair on DK's up-b is... actually kinda easy if spaced right. Not to mention fair, ftilt, nair are all pretty good and beat most of DK's aerials, especially if bowser's below. Not to mention while DK's kill setups still work...barring errors due to weight difference, Bowser still kills w. Koo-Pah (uthrow - uair) a little earlier than any of DK's kill setups, except neutral B reads.

DK isn't completely helpless- combo game on bowser is nearly as ridiculous off of a grab/utilt, but bowser just does everything he can better, and nair/upb/fair are actually very difficult for DK to beat framewise. He's also heavier (slightly) and in this matchup kills slightly better, due to his kill setups being slightly better. Like if no kill setups land both will live a while... but bowser tilts kill MUCH earlier than Bair or Ftilt will, and are faster than both (Ftilt could outrange them a tiny bit if done correctly tho)

Not to mention while DK and Bowser can Chaingrab each other, Bowser's goes for much longer, is much harder for DK to escape... and i'm pretty sure can be a 0-death if you don't escape before uthrow-uair percent.

Specials are meh, DK's up-b is worse overall, but both edgeguard decently (problem is that Bowser Up-B is surprisingly hard to hit him out of (DK Dair takes more specific timing/spacing vs. Bowser Dair on their up B's, same for Bair, Ftilts, Dtilts, etc.), neutral b is 100% the only way DK has a move killing faster than Bowser's will,
(Bowser is 100% a better DK, and i'll defend this 100%, but both are fun)

Luigi-
Big reason that DK doesn't lose/it's even is that DK actually can punish Luigi quite a bit. First off, the recovery, unless you just can get misfires whenever you want, and even then DK can easily edgeguard luigi w. just bair/dtilt and dair if you're gutsy. Meanwhile even w. the strong aerials, Luigi has quite a bit of problems reaching around the hitboxes of DK's Up-B. Now 100%, if DK's below Luigi, luigi gets him for free but that's every character.

Other reason is Luigi shouldn't get in. Ftilt and Dtilt are DK's best friends in this matchup. They outrange/are slightly faster than luigi options, plus even if he shields, luigi's wacky physics just makes it difficult for him to get in. 100% if he gets in DK's gonna take a bunch of damage, but nair helps, and DK can up b out of a decent amount of things (not every combo). Meanwhile the same range that keeps Luigi out lets DK, IF CAREFUL actually continue combos- don't get it wrong- you get greedy Luigi gets to nair out/do terrible things if you overreach, but tilts/bairs are very strong vs. him. Also unless you screw up/run into a fsmash or get up-b'ed at 90 or so DK will kill earlier by quite a bit.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
DK IMO beats Bowser pretty handily. Look at DK's kit: he's a heavyweight built for destroying heavyweights. He has an amazing grab game (easily able to combo into 50% on a single hit against Bowser), amazing kill moves (nullifying one of Bowser's major advantages), enough speed to get the job done, better range than Bowser (DK bair is faster than most anything Bowser has, dtilt and ftilt are good spacing tools, grab range is really good to combat Bowser's shield pressure, fair can win exchanges in the air, uair has surprising range) because DK's range is easier to use and faster, and a better offstage game because DK has meteors and Bowser doesn't, a big deal in a matchup where both characters have such poor vertical recovery.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
So I'm guessing most :luigi: players are put into positions where they can't fire ball to help them recovery back to stage.. lol.

Practicing: :yoshi:

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 pm

This is just my opinion so far, will change later.

Edit: Tbh, I think :goku: is even imo, but I'm not going to bother change it atm.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:41 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
darkrinorex wrote:
[ Image ]

Edit: Tbh, I think :goku: is even imo, but I'm not going to bother change it atm.

Is this an image made for ants.
Jokes aside I find it funny for Falco to be on S Tier on most Tier Lists but having bad matchups for alot of characters.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 am

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
darkrinorex wrote:
[ Image ]

Is this an image made for ants.
Jokes aside I find it funny for Falco to be on S Tier on most Tier Lists but having bad matchups for alot of characters.

Well I guess it's because most people didn't know how to do combos against falco yet (in a actual game not training mode) and stuff (basically not knowing the MU well enough I guess), so that could be why people thought he was S tier before, he probably still is, but I think Fox is better than him now imo.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am

Now some people in the :metaknight: discord are telling me :metaknight: actually beats :pikachu: .

The main reason I put :pikachu: there (again imo) is cause I had trouble getting away from :pikachu: 's thunder and his setups into it, and thunder jolt, but I don't have so much experience against :pikachu: so I guessed :pikachu: beats him but now i'm being told he doesn't.

Well obiously no one should take this list I currently have of MU seriously yet since it's not finished and the losing MU are being disproved I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but again, it's an opinion (maybe some facts) list for the MUs.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:33 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Welp I edited my Kirby MU chart.
Probably will be changed if I ever fight better players.
Attachment:
KirbySSF2BetaMU.PNG
KirbySSF2BetaMU.PNG [ 224.25 KiB | Viewed 3001 times ]

I'll definitely update it in the future when I fight better players

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 pm

I feel as though some of these matchups are a bit weird, like can see the rationale for why kirby loses some of these matchups, but what makes Ichigo, out of all the swordsmen/long range characters his worst matchup?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 pm

MGN Username: KingPawn
Currently Playing: SSF2
I can see kirby doing better against ichigo than isaac, in regards to what firewater said

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 pm

I'll have to second firewater and KingPawn here. Ichigo doesn't win that much against Kirby. Yes, it's probably a 35-65 matchup which is still bad, but 25-75 should be reserved for Issac.

A scrubby :ichigo: main.
Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

If only I could participate in tournaments ;_;

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:58 am

Poor thing doesn't have great speed to succeed in neutral, nor good range, and once he does win neutral, his combo choices are rather poor because he just has low hitstun across the board.

So naturally, a character with disjoints, thrives in neutral, has a relatively safe recovery, and can kill high early will invalidate Kirby's existence. This quite literally describes Isaac completely.

Ichigo's weight helps Kirby against him, as does a slower, more linear recovery. But Ichigo being faster and having great coverage on all his moves is what makes the MU suck, just not as much as Isaac.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:19 am

MGN Username: IdaiL
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, Project M, editing
firewater wrote:

Umm why do you believe that DK has an advantage over Pac? With the Galaxian glitch, it limits DK's approaches especially with the fact that he's a big character.

Click to expand thumbnail
I regret nothing.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCctryjaQRX9IUMxIcbYVCnw
pls check it ;3;

-IdaiL

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
IdaiL wrote:
With the Galaxian glitch, it limits DK's approaches especially with the fact that he's a big character.

I recently learnt that..
THE HARD WAY

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:44 pm
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next