The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
Sora 
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
CodeBlue wrote:
Ok if there is one thing from this update that's really dumb, it's defnitely Sora's fsmash buff.

What...frame does this come out on?

Seriously this is too funny.

At least it has less kill power, then again, Sora has less kill power than before.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros 3DS, SSF2, Xenoblade Chronicles
Flowmotion is a genius idea so far, although perhaps it and Strike Raid could made cancellable. Between that and if Up-B bug gets fixed I think we pretty much have a perfect Sora. He might be my #1 main now. Are there any ways to cancel out of Flowmotion if you missed?

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:41 am

Currently Playing: SSF2
Sora is pretty broken with the flowmotion, if the devs wanted to add it, you should be able to jump a high distance when hitting a wall like in KH:DDD. That way he truly feels like Sora!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 am
BR Member

VersusXIII wrote:
Flowmotion is a genius idea so far, although perhaps it and Strike Raid could made cancellable. Between that and if Up-B bug gets fixed I think we pretty much have a perfect Sora. He might be my #1 main now. Are there any ways to cancel out of Flowmotion if you missed?

"Up B bug"?

If you're talking about his ability to use U-spec twice (by doing it on the ground, then doing it in the air), that was intentional.

ZERO_OR wrote:

Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:40 am

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
BluePikmin11R wrote:
Sora is pretty broken with the flowmotion, if the devs wanted to add it, you should be able to jump a high distance when hitting a wall like in KH:DDD. That way he truly feels like Sora!

this and they have to fix that bug where when you hit a item the flowmotion activates. also i wish you can make the attack still connect if an opponent is on the ground, but that may be broken

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:32 pm
YIM

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
[TSON] wrote:
...But his hitboxes are tightened so he takes skill to use now.

I noticed that, it's a bit more bearable to face him as short ranged character now :colonthree:

You know, I can easily imagine that everyone online (especially the people who have no idea what they're doing AKA noobs) will spam this Flowmotion move over, over, over, and over again.

VersusXIII wrote:

No, pretty sure you're supposed to use it as a recovery option as well.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:43 pm

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
I feel like Sora suffered a nerf. I mostly play with Humans and I can rarely hit with both Bairs most of the time, they can easily wiggle out of the powerful second hit. Up-b only hits on the tip of the move in the air and has few follow ups, and again against humans this is quite difficult to get any real use on it. FlowMotion is a really neat move, but I loved Fire so my sadness dampens my hype for Flow. Sora was really good before so the nerf hurts a bit but I can fully understand, the only part I don't understand is the removal of most his KO options. I used to be able to hit for days, now I can hit for weeks because I can't KO em. :xd:

Perhaps I need some more Sora work to find what works and adjust to his remaining KOs. (which to my knowledge are only his Up-Smash and new faster F-smash)

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 pm

King Zao wrote:
VersusXIII wrote:

"Up B bug"?

If you're talking about his ability to use U-spec twice (by doing it on the ground, then doing it in the air), that was intentional.

I'm referring to the lack of damaging hitboxes for most of Up-B(does a small hit at the top of the jump), when used on ground or in air. Cannot be used in the same way as .9a. You can still interrupt it with an aerial but you don't have the quick hitstun from up b anymore. It was effective for countering aerial approaches, kind of like an anti pressure ability. The opponent had to space carefully on approach.

Flowmotion is a great move but it could be difficult to use effectively against a rushdown opponent. The current Up-B could be a balancing change but, Finishing Leap always launches enemies into the air leading into an aerial combo in Kingdom Hearts 2, BBS, etc. Is Up-B no longer supposed to function as a direct combo starter? Perhaps, if this is an intended change, it's now intended as a spacing tool

Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Location: Outside your bedroom widow looking at you at night.
Currently Playing: Bayonetta 2, Fire emblem Fates, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Myth 2, Risk of Rain, SSF2, SSB4, Starcraft 2, Transister, Xenoblade Chronicles.
Sora is one of my favorite characters now. It's all because of his side B, it gives him great mobility and let's me string together awesome combos.

Getting my avatar to fit sucked.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Quick impressions of Sora's 9b incarnation:
Losing Firaga is a huge blow to his recovery and kill power, but the new Strike Raid's pretty fun if you can catch the enemy with it.
Sora surprisingly does more damage on his Fair and Dsmash now, though everything else has pretty much been left the same in terms of damage.
BAIR DOES 22% WAT
Knockback now becomes a major problem for Sora as he lost Firaga and Fsmash knockback, but Bair helps offset it a bit.
Combo game's pretty much the same, but Flowmotion's a nice surprise tactic, and it somewhat compensates for the loss of horizontal recovery.
Ftilt's significantly faster, which is nice. Dtilt still the same.

Overall, Sora feels a bit more combo-oriented this demo, but otherwise retains his combo game and damage output, so you should expect to see him in the top 10 this demo

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 pm
BR Member

He received minor nerfs while the top three got large nerfs, however he got Flowmotion which compensates most of the nerfs (except for Firaga). He's definitely top 5, top 3 isn't that far off either.

ZERO_OR wrote:

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 pm

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
i think his D-tilt is faster in this version, you can easily combo that with his side tilt. His thunder (i forgot he had that move) has gotten a bit better IMO

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 am
YIM

Sora's Neutral Flowmotion can chain into itself indefinitely on an idle bot. If you do Side Spec (with no follow-up imput), your opponent will be hit directly in front of you, allowing you to continue the chain.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:25 am

MGN Username: marchefelix
Losing Firaga seems weird because it was a useful attack and because Thundaga is still there. But Flowmotion is a welcome addition.

Perhaps by the full game they'll have removed all his spells (they don't really fit him) and replace them with moves that more suit him.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:42 am

Up-B already fixed in an update patch. Wow that was a fast patch for 0.9b! Thank you devs!
PiercingSerenity wrote:
Sora's Neutral Flowmotion can chain into itself indefinitely on an idle bot. If you do Side Spec (with no follow-up imput), your opponent will be hit directly in front of you, allowing you to continue the chain.

Seems like it might be fixed in 0.9.1.1748(haven't tried in training but as far as I know, the AI doesn't use any DI at all). It doesn't seem to work all the time, mostly just at certain damage levels and varies by weight.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:55 am
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next