The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:15 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
My JUS sprites and animations 

Currently Playing: Zatch Bell
Waifu: Aqua Sama
Full Sheets: show

single idle sprites: show
Claire Rouge
Kazehaya Kamito
Terminus Est
Moroha Haimura

What I need critique, befor I continue my Claire Rouge Smash bros sheet, is in the animation, to me it looks weird, I have no idea why.
Can you guys help me?

Claire sprites are custom, as well as the people from Blade Dance and World Break, Rito is edited from Tsuna.

This is my DA, in case someone wants. https://yangfly.deviantart.com/
Also I take requests for single idle characters, as long it's an anime character I can try.(No game characters, because I am currently with an Super Smash Anime project and no game characters are allowed, except for rare cases, like pokemon, tales pf symphonia(has anime) and sonic(has anime)

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by Yangfly Master on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Hey Nice work so far, shading on Mario's pants look a little off, Along with the dress seeming like it has a lack of shading. Keep going I like what you have so far

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Those look really nice.
I would suggest paying more attention to the shading on Mario and the girl though.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 pm

One look and these are def. tracings. Why tho?

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Full Sheets: show

single idle sprites: show
Claire Rouge
Kazehaya Kamito
Terminus Est
Moroha Haimura

What I need critique, befor I continue my Claire Rouge Smash bros sheet, is in the animation, to me it looks weird, I have no idea why.
Can you guys help me?

Claire sprites are custom, as well as the people from Blade Dance and World Break, Rito is edited from Tsuna.

This is my DA, in case someone wants. https://yangfly.deviantart.com/
Also I take requests for single idle characters, as long it's an anime character I can try.(No game characters, because I am currently with an Super Smash Anime project and no game characters are allowed, except for rare cases, like pokemon, tales pf symphonia(has anime) and sonic(has anime)

and yes, I am reusing old topic, the subject and comments above are about another thing.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Man the days of everyone doing JUS feels like so long ago. Well, I think the first thing might be the animation is a just a little slow. But I guess the major thing is just how little the hair and whip and torso and whip arm moves. Since Sakura is the female character I can point to in JUS that does the Naruto run, lets look at her for example. When she's running the lose, light parts of her (her hair) spring upwards slowly, but fall quickly, and are very energetic. Your's (other than the skirt which is actually doing pretty good in that regard) are moving subtly, at the same pace in each frame, and are just going up and down on the same path in both directions. They are a little boring to look at and aren't natural feeling at all. As for the torso and head, they don't need a lot of movement but could use some, your character is bobbing but not because the body or head is actually moving, you're just sliding them up and down occasionally. Looking at Sakura again you'll see her bob is because she's extending her neck and shoulders forward, and she's only moving up on frames where a leg is straight because the leg itself if giving her more height than when in her normal stance where they are bent. Last is the whip arm (because the other arm is fine). On Sakura even though her arms are "straight behind her" for the ninja run they are moving every frame and actually have a pretty large territory they cover.

tl;dr; You've got to move all the pieces and you've got to do it with actual motion, not just sliding things around and they've got to be big motions. Things going up go up slowly, things going down go down fast.

Also is that only a 6 frame run? JUS does 8 I think and that might help. More frames always equal a smoother animation.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:
Man the days of everyone doing JUS feels like so long ago. Well, I think the first thing might be the animation is a just a little slow. But I guess the major thing is just how little the hair and whip and torso and whip arm moves. Since Sakura is the female character I can point to in JUS that does the Naruto run, lets look at her for example. When she's running the lose, light parts of her (her hair) spring upwards slowly, but fall quickly, and are very energetic. Your's (other than the skirt which is actually doing pretty good in that regard) are moving subtly, at the same pace in each frame, and are just going up and down on the same path in both directions. They are a little boring to look at and aren't natural feeling at all. As for the torso and head, they don't need a lot of movement but could use some, your character is bobbing but not because the body or head is actually moving, you're just sliding them up and down occasionally. Looking at Sakura again you'll see her bob is because she's extending her neck and shoulders forward, and she's only moving up on frames where a leg is straight because the leg itself if giving her more height than when in her normal stance where they are bent. Last is the whip arm (because the other arm is fine). On Sakura even though her arms are "straight behind her" for the ninja run they are moving every frame and actually have a pretty large territory they cover.

tl;dr; You've got to move all the pieces and you've got to do it with actual motion, not just sliding things around and they've got to be big motions. Things going up go up slowly, things going down go down fast.

Also is that only a 6 frame run? JUS does 8 I think and that might help. More frames always equal a smoother animation.

How's this?

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Years better. Much smoother, hair is better looking, more parts move. It still has it's strangeness, like the whip moves kind of oddly, the pigtails are not very energetic when everything else is, and the torso is still static, but they are details that only come to light on a closer look compared to the previous version where they are just right there and noticeable. It's looks pretty passable for a video game setting where she'd actually be moving across the screen, since that would make it quite hard to tell parts aren't moving since enough do to give the illusion they are all moving.

You definitely seem like you have the skill to improve the quality some more, but I also think this would be enough if you wanted to continue at this level if more might take too much time and energy. I'll leave that choice up to you.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:
Years better. Much smoother, hair is better looking, more parts move. It still has it's strangeness, like the whip moves kind of oddly, the pigtails are not very energetic when everything else is, and the torso is still static, but they are details that only come to light on a closer look compared to the previous version where they are just right there and noticeable. It's looks pretty passable for a video game setting where she'd actually be moving across the screen, since that would make it quite hard to tell parts aren't moving since enough do to give the illusion they are all moving.

You definitely seem like you have the skill to improve the quality some more, but I also think this would be enough if you wanted to continue at this level if more might take too much time and energy. I'll leave that choice up to you.

Thank you, but by now I'll let it as is.

Made Zero Two:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:49 pm
 [ 9 posts ]