The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:05 am

[ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 44  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XIII [Mods vs Users] 

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Everyone else? Thoughts, opinions? I'm holding my vote back because KA is the only scummy looking player in my eyes, but out of, what, 15 people? That's going to lead me anywhere. JC, maybe in your next post, but do you support this:

King Arthur wrote:
Dephius is acting quite suspicious, all I could say has already been said.

Vote: Dephius

Or are you going to give him serious flak for it?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Previous miscommunication I am sincerely sorry for.
Suspicions run wild now over the man who is going under the name of James. Votes are being used like weapons now, like an execution. What do you have to do to achieve freedom?

Votecount 1.3:
Voting kyuubit-kyuubit(L-7)
Voting JamesClyde-Crabby, DJ Wizard Cop, King Arthur(L-5)
Not voting-Lightning, Cactus, Nixter, Dephius, JamesClyde, Infinity, Brikmaninoff, Fly or Die, Deciton_Reven, Densetsu, DarkWolf93
With 15 people alive(metaphorically, in the web space), it takes 8 votes to lynch/no lynch(metaphorically, with my methods).

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Last edited by Terra on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 pm

On Dephius: Seems the scummiest (or 3rd party-est) to me, as he is taking upon himself to become the 'leader'. All the double posts also suggest he is coming up with something really quick then going back and adding to it once he thinks it through.

On Author: General scummy vives, IDK what it is really.

Everyone else: Eh, not to much to go on at this point, we should all probably be more active.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Problem is, some players tend to "hang low" since that's what Lightning did in most of Pokemon mafia, which got her the win (right before I flipped a coin and made the town lose). Sorry about the double posts, I'm seriously so bored right now, I check the game for every minute or so.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
Well, considering the fact that KA did not write much in his post, it does not tell us much. What I think KA was doing, was bandwagoning. As Infinity said before, KA followed my explanation with almost no explanation at all. This is very mafia-like. Dephius, what do you think? I do agree with the fact that I lacked explanation in my last post, but what I think, is that Dephius and KA are scum. Here's my explanation:
Dephius wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Dephius is acting quite suspicious, all I could say has already been said.

Vote: Dephius

Come now, you can do better than that!

I don't see the reasoning behind James FoS and your vote. I just explained myself. inb4 it was a reaction test.

For all we know, this could be the work of two mafia, each one accusing the other. Considering the fact that KA unvoted, it increases our suspicion. For all we know, Dephius could be talking in a secret quicktopic with KA, talking about how they'll lead a lynch on each other, just to prove that they're town, when they're not. Though I don't normally support these kinds of explanations, it could very well be true.

Also, we have to consider the existence of a third party. At the start of the game, he said that he confirmed the non-existence of the Cult, Fool, and Survivor. But what if there is actually another third party out there? With the ability to have a factional kill, leading to two kills a night? One from the mafia, and one from the third party. But what if he has the ability to steal a person's abilities?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
But I'm town, assuming Deph is telling the truth, you, my friend, are Mafia.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
JamesClyde, King Arthur, And Dephius are not the same alignment? Let's see:
Scenario One: All Different
In this case, there is one town, one mafia, and one third party. I would (as of right now) put those as James, KA, and Deph, respectively. I've already posted with why I feel JamesClyde is not scummy. I can't think of a single situation in which a mafia member tried to lynch a town member by latching on to a minor comment. Thus, both KA and Deph are good targets.

Scenario Two: 2-1
Either 2 towns or 2 mafia. In the case of two mafia, I treat it basically the same as above (i.e. KA and Deph are targets). In the case of two towns, I find KA the scummiest by far. He has providing little explaination for his action, and says that he was "speed reading" the posts. That means you not only speed read James's post, but also Deph's orginal post(s)? Thus, I find KA a good target.

My main point? That in all three cases, KA is a good target. I don't think his actions befit a town-sided player and that, being a newer player, it is likely he made a slip-up.

Vote: King Arthur because after all that it makes no sense if I don't.

That said, if King Arthur flips down we narrow it down to JamesC-Deph, which I'm sure investigators can help us out with.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Whoever asked that question did a good job. I know I'm town, it's just a matter of which one is lying. I'm more inclined to believe JC. Being the less scummy of the two.

Vote: King Arthur
If he gets hammered today, investigative role please target me. If he flips town, I know 100% JC is scum or 3rd party.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 pm
Site Moderator

Ah well, when I die, you'll see the true scum... that and tons of irony.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Stop lurking peoples.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Interestingly enough JC hasn't claimed that he is town, which means he is very confident in his role, as a townie under suspicion he should probably be sweating more. As it is he seems like he's pretty confident that he'll lead suspicion off of himself and therefor be safe from prosecution. If he flips scum I'd put my money on one of these other two as being scum as well.

And Author is bandwagoning pretty hard like, constantly, probably something to keep in mind later. (Assuming he's alive later)

The double post point was a reaction test, judging from the other Mafia games you do that quite a bit, Deph, it leads me to credit you a bit more towards town since there was no back accusation from you.

I'm not comfortable voting ATM but JamesClyde will probably get my vote if I start filling scummy vibes, or Author will get it if he does even the slightest scummy thing after this post, that's not bandwagoning.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I see you guys there, get in and breathe some life into the game.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
The only reason why I haven't shown my role is because there might be a third party out there, who might kill me, or any one of you, during night 1. However, if you want me to, so be it.
I am Press V, Naive Cop and SSF2 Researcher.
Each night, I can choose to conduct research. If I do, I will pm Terra with a name, and he will tell me whether he is innocent/guilty. However, I am a Naive Cop.
I also have access to the SSF2 Dev quicktopic.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
JC looks f*** scummy as f***.

He attacks Deph like a rabid dog from him asking what for us to do.

That's being really damn brash, and brash ain't the case here. So um, scummy.

Yeah, but it could be just him pressuring Deph to get info or something, which could be cool.

Oh and if that's the case, Arthur is a scum sandwich 'cuz he jumped on the chance to screw with Deph.

Also, he just revealed his role but said he feared dying... But not anymore?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 pm
Site Moderator

So it could be town-cop-town...

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:04 pm
 [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 44  Next