The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:00 pm

[ 12 posts ] 
Massive input lag online 

For some reason, every time I play online I get an insane amount of input lag. Usually somewhere around 15 frames, which is half a second as the game runs at 30fps. from what I can tell my opponent does not get this lag, as they can react at a normal speed. I get the lag every time I play online, regardless of the connection, host, controls, gamepad or keyboard, etc. It's constant. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue and so i'm posting about to here. I've tried reinstalling the game, using different controllers, messing with settings, setting input lag to low, everything. I do not get this input lag offline and I don't believe that other people are just playing the game with this much delay. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:18 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
what OS?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:55 pm

I'm running on Windows 10

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:18 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
In the meantime before u get a response, try updating ur flash player. Have you always had this problem with ssf2? and how long?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:04 pm

I've had this problem since I started playing, which was around 0.9.1 or something. And thanks, I'll try updating flash.

EDIT: I updated flash. The problem is still there, just as bad.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Have you tried the Windows 10 Creators Update? You can get maximum performance with this update, even on a low-end PC.

1.) Open SSF2.exe (not browser version)
2.) Press the Windows Key + G.
3.) When asked "Is this a game?" click yes.
4.) Click the gear on the Game Bar to open settings.
5.) Click the box next to "Use Game Mode for this game".
Now, your game will run a lot better and you can even play it with things running in the background with near-to-no performance impact.

You can download here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10

When you're on the site, click on "Update Now."

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 pm

NZ wrote:
Have you tried the Windows 10 Creators Update? You can get maximum performance with this update, even on a low-end PC.

Now, your game will run a lot better and you can even play it with things running in the background with near-to-no performance impact.

Thanks, I'll try this. My PC is a decent gaming PC so the performance probably isn't the issue, but I'll try it anyway

EDIT: I tried it. Now I get less input lag (Still more than I would like but at least it's progress) but now the actual games I play lag. Framerates drop and the game freezes

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:59 pm

MGN Username: MEGA12312
Currently Playing: MH3U SSF2
Waifu: My bed
Orwellian wrote:
I tried it. Now I get less input lag (Still more than I would like but at least it's progress) but now the actual games I play lag. Framerates drop and the game freezes

It might be because of the bugs causing the game to slow down the more you play in one session and the random "screen freezes but if you click/move your mouse it works kinda" bug

Wow they actually fixed Ness' throw. kinda

PICHU HYPEexcept not yet /:|

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 pm

MGN Username: MEGA12312
Currently Playing: MH3U SSF2
Waifu: My bed
NZ wrote:

If only updating Windows 10 actually worked. It doesn't for me. Computer always freezes around 32%

Wow they actually fixed Ness' throw. kinda

PICHU HYPEexcept not yet /:|

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:48 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
I honestly don't know what to say here. It's apparently not a software issue, so it HAS to be a hardware issue. Could be something simple such as a bad USB port, or your keyboard is very old, or some other related component on your PC is just too old for the game. If you've been having the same issue to the same degree since .9b, the signs honestly point nowhere else but to your hardware. Maybe your specs are good but one or more pieces are faulty.

Or, there could be some registry change you manually made a while back which changed a couple more things you bargained for. Windows can be like that.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 am

riplip68 wrote:
I honestly don't know what to say here. It's apparently not a software issue, so it HAS to be a hardware issue. Could be something simple such as a bad USB port, or your keyboard is very old, or some other related component on your PC is just too old for the game. If you've been having the same issue to the same degree since .9b, the signs honestly point nowhere else but to your hardware. Maybe your specs are good but one or more pieces are faulty.

Or, there could be some registry change you manually made a while back which changed a couple more things you bargained for. Windows can be like that.

I got this PC custom built about a year ago, it can run everything else I play fine, the keyboard is new too, I don't get input lag on anything else either. I get the feeling that it's just Flash being kind of garbage, but maybe that isn't entirely fair either. Anyway, thanks for your help though.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Sometimes, it lags online which is common, but on some maps it lags more.

I.E: Final Destination, Sand Ocean :captainfalcon: , Crateria :samus:, Bowser's Castle :bowser:

I'm sure there's more that lag like this too, but these are just the ones I've noticed

Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 pm
 [ 12 posts ]