The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 pm

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
I need some advice... 

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
...here's the thing. I come from a highly religious family, but I don't believe that much as they do. I want to tell them, but I'm afraid of the outcome. What should I do?

Oh, and btw, to all the vets of this forum, try your best not to flame this topic.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 pm

1.) Man up

2.) Keep your mouth shut because it really doesn't matter if you say anything or not.

Those are your options.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Belth stop being a c*** =]

I suggest you tell them how you feel if it truly bothers you but if your just fishing for attention then this isn't the way to go about it. Your family should respect your opinions and how you feel just as long as your true to what you say. They should also being exceptionally more understanding if they're religious in a Christian sense.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Waifu: I'm married
why do you need to tell them
don't be a stuck-up teenager, it doesn't benefit you in any way to tell them what you think, it will just cause a s*** and if going to church or whatever really bugs you so much then get over yourself

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:28 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
@Belth I'll think about those options.

@Gol3m I'm not fishing for attention. It just bothers me that I don't feel the way that they do when we are in church. I'll think about doing that.

@Freud Flintstone I'm not trying to be stuck up and I don't mind going to chruch. Like what I said to Gol3m, It just bothers me, but maybe you're right. I shouldn't tell them.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Currently Playing: Ultimate Surrender
If you don't want to cause a big issue than just keep it to yourself. My parents don't know that I don't believe in the same things that they do and I'm completely fine with that.
In the future I'll probably have to tell them but who cares, I'll let future me deal with that crap.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Just tell them. They'll probably find out sooner or later anyways, so you might as well get it over with.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
if your family isnt okay with you making your own personal choices then you dont have good parents

Last edited by Whimzer on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Waifu: I'm married
pachino is an idiot
telling christfags that you're an atheist is, to them, the equivalent of telling them that you want to punch baby jesus and go to hell

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 pm
YIM WWW

This is the reason why I just stick to the whole "I believe" thing.

Let it slide...

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm

Whimzer wrote:
if your family isnt okay with you making your own personal choices then you dont have good parents

Listen to Whimgod, hes completely right.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
I can see where you're coming from, as far as guilt goes, and wanting to be open with your parents.

Honestly, at least in my opinion, it would be best to get that off of your chest, and let them know how you are feeling. If you keep quiet, those emotions will reside, and I don't think you want that sort of thing bogging your mind. Don't force yourself, but when you feel the time is right, don't hesitate to lay it all out on the line. If your parents love you like parents should, they'll hear you out. They may not like it, but they'll certainly hear what you have to say. It may cause temporary tension, but it's better than you carrying that burden on your shoulders.

At least, that's my opinion.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 pm

If I tell my parents I don't believe many of the things they believe, they would blowtorch me to hell, and back.

Don't listen to me, though. What Whim said is essentially true. Good parents support and encourage your opinions.

Like say, revealing your sexual preference(s). Good parents stay by your side, and offer advice in that time (of need).

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Blitz wrote:
Like say, revealing your sexual preference(s). Good parents stay by your side, and offer advice in that time (of need).

These two situations are incomparable. While sexual preference does bunk ever-so slightly with religion, that is a much larger concept to grasp for parents, compared to wanting to switch to say, Atheism. Larger concept, harder to grasp, thus harder to accept. I know people who've parents are barely starting to deal with it after a year of their coming out. It's quite sad.

Nonetheless, my point is, that a swap for religion isn't as large of an issue as admitting sexuality in most cases. The stronger a parent believes in a certain religion, the more flabbergasted they will feel when the child admits something so 'unholy'. I think to them, there's a difference between wanting to opt out of a religion, and breaking a rule of their religion.

But I digress.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Quick skim...

Then, if coming out or something is worse than, say, stating that you don't believe in a certain religion... Then it...

Well, I have the concept grasped, but I see your 'point'.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:14 pm
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next