The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
New Character Bio! 

Currently Playing: Call of Duty:Black Ops, and SSF2
Name: Shai
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Personality: A shy teen who has his hair over his eyes constantly. He is a very kind boy, and can easily get along with anyone, but when someone gets on his last nerve, they better watch out.
Description/Clothing: Skinny, but very acrobatic. Has pure black hair that covers both eyes constantly. He wears long, baggy black pants, a long-sleeve black shirt with different patterns on it, and white shoes also with patterns on it.
Weapons: A Medium-Length Sliver Sword. The Weapon is called Lone Wolf.
Special Skills: Can summon a large White Wolf, can talk to animals, and has power over Water, Fire, Light, and Darkness.
Stats(Out of 10): Power-6
Magic-7
Defense-7
Speed-10
Accuracy-8

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm not going to bother you about your creativity, but work on your rhetorical level first.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alright, how did Ensign Emo learn to do all this s***

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

hydroblue777 wrote:
Name: Shai Who names their kid this? The only thing I got from Shai is a band and a Egyptian deity
Race: Human Is he? I doubt it.
Age: 13 I haven't looked at the rest at this point, but I'm guessing he'll be too young for whatever's included.
Height: 5'8"
Personality: A shy teen who has his hair over his eyes constantly I can already see the emo, isn't this a appearance thing?. He is a very kind boy, and can easily get along with anyone except you know, those people who hate everyone, animals that see him as food..., but when someone gets on his last nerve, they better watch out He has emo strength!.
Description/Clothing: Skinny, but very acrobatic Any reason?. Has pure 100% black hair that covers both eyes constantly. He wears long, baggy black pants, a long-sleeve black shirt with different patterns on it, and white shoes also with patterns on it God, he has no fashion sense, white shoes with a all black attire?.
Weapons: A Medium-Length Sliver Sword Any details, what kind of sword it is.. The Weapon is called Lone Wolf I'd love to see Lone Wolf curb stomp you with Sommerswerd.
Special Skills: Can summon a large White Wolf Does not involve Malkavians, mages, and Werewolves., can talk to animals I miss watching The Wild Thornberrys, and has power over Water, Fire, Light, and Darkness Sadly, he doesn't have heart..
Stats(Out of 10) Give us a scale or something, I'll assume 5 is human, and 10 is godly: Power-6 That's suprisingly strong for a kid.
Magic-7 Okay, is magic here by willpower, or incantations, because if it's the latter...
Defense-7 Holy crap, this kid could be used as a training dummy.
Speed-10 He's the Flash?
Accuracy-8 He must be really good, like taking out a falling ant from a skyscrapper good.

1/10

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 am

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed 3, League of Legends, Gang Garrison 2, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
No Backstory? Also, shouldn't it be, "Skinny and acrobatic?"

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:23 am

Kamen Rider Green wrote:
1/10

Hah, only an 8 in accuracy? I have a C in clairvoyance and I can count all the bolts on that bridge.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 am

hydroblue777 wrote:
Name: Shai What kind of crazy do your parents have to be to get a name like this? ...But, if such was intended, or you're going after a good fantasy novel, carry on.
Race: Human Nothing else wrong so far, but you may want to be more specific here (Hispanic? African American? What?)
Age: 13 CHILD PRODIGY, the one thing hated most on MG's RPing section.
Height: 5'8" Why include this and yet no weight?
Personality: A shy teen who has his hair over his eyes constantly. Hold yer horses, the "hair over eyes" thing really belongs in appearance. He is a very kind boy, and can easily get along with anyone, but when someone gets on his last nerve, they better watch out. Nothing wrong here, although that sounds a bit stereotypical.
Description/Clothing: Skinny, but very acrobatic. And why is the kid quote-unquote "acrobatic?" Has pure black hair that covers both eyes constantly. See? You're repeating data... He wears long, baggy black pants, a long-sleeve black shirt with different patterns on it, Please describe the patterns. and white shoes also with patterns on it. One, not it, them. Two, if the guy likes black so much, why have white shoes?
Weapons: A Medium-Length Sliver Sword. The Weapon is called Lone Wolf. Perhaps you could merge this with description via "In the way of weapons..." or something to that effect, but nothing is wrong here.
Special Skills: Can summon a large White Wolf, can talk to animals, and has power over Water, Fire, Light, and Darkness. How far can his powers go? This way, we don't know if the kid can only generate sparks or create stars in his hands with the heat of the Sun.
Stats(Out of 10): Power-6
Magic-7
Defense-7
Speed-10
Accuracy-8What the f*** do you think you're playing, Dungeons and Dragons? There are no stats in this kind of role-playing.

Also, as my good friend has already stated, your character needs a backstory.

Overall, you need to practice. Like, a lot. 3/10, and I think that's being generous.

~CHAOS_FANTAZY

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah, Shai isn't my real name, and this is my first try. Haha......

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed 3, League of Legends, Gang Garrison 2, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
5' 8" for a thirteen year old?

That's a little tall.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:43 pm

i think he just wanted a child prodigy but forgot about how children are usually short

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Guilty Magenta wrote:

That's a little tall.

I was taller than that...

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 pm
YIM WWW

Kick N Wing wrote:
Guilty Magenta wrote:

That's a little tall.

I was taller than that...

we're discussing people you f*** giraffe

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:00 am

Come on guys. I don't mind everyone giving me bad reviews on this, but I'm really 13, and I'm really 5'8" in real life. Some of the comments were pretty harsh though. And no Kamen, 5 isn't human, and 10 isn't godly. Just think of it like this. A 5 is bad, 6 is good/bad, 7 is normal, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is excellent. I'm not trying to be God or whatever. I'm just having fun with this. Unless my life depended on this, I'm not going to try to hand out every single detail like some great writer. Oh, and NDUESTRE, you should really watch what you say. Doesn't matter if you type it with random letters. You still shoudn't be saying stuff like,quote, "you *something* giraffe!" That can really hurt someones feelings. This go's out to everyone who says things like that.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:59 am
Site Moderator

Because it doesn't matter how harsh it is, as long as they're actually criticizing it.

And a 5's bad? What happen to 1,2,3, and 4? 5 sounds completely average to me, and 10 just seems like the peak for a normal human.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 pm

hydroblue777 wrote:
Come on guys. I don't mind everyone giving me bad reviews on this, but I'm really 13, and I'm really 5'8" in real life. Some of the comments were pretty harsh though. And no Kamen, 5 isn't human, and 10 isn't godly. Just think of it like this. A 5 is bad, 6 is good/bad, 7 is normal, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is excellent. I'm not trying to be God or whatever. I'm just having fun with this. Unless my life depended on this, I'm not going to try to hand out every single detail like some great writer. Oh, and NDUESTRE, you should really watch what you say. Doesn't matter if you type it with random letters. You still shoudn't be saying stuff like,quote, "you *something* giraffe!" That can really hurt someones feelings. This go's out to everyone who says things like that.

making self-inserts obvious with specific details usually makes you look bad, try doing that with the personality rather than appearance
and my cursing doesn't affect anyone anymore, kind of like black people's vocabulary

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next