The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next
Sora 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
I just started playing Sora, but I really like his combo game, especially with Flowmotion. He can keep his pressure high (exept for Naruto) and just do his damage relativly safe.

I wouldnt even give him more KO power, but rather make his Dair a spike. Kinda seems to fit to his playstyle better, but then again, if you can combo really easy into that, that would be OP again. Overall, Im happy with the new Sora.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:53 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Thanks for the feedback!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Currently Playing: pokemon x, gta 5
I really like his combo potential! But I feel like his recovery is too short (perhaps buff it a little) and I'm not too fond of his roll animation.. It's clunky looking and awkward.

I just turned Sora into one of my mains so I have some questions regarding him..

1) Unless I'm just dumb or stupid there's no current way to cancel his neutral b right?
2) What do you use his down b for? It doesn't work well as an edgeguard imo and using it to come back on stage isn't the best either

I'm really liking him so far.. aside from his really crappy grab range and stuff he's pretty solid. RIP Blizagga and Firaga :( lol

Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Down-B is a useful finishing move and combo finisher in general. It can wreck certain recoveries, and is just a useful move to hit at a range or beat aerial approaches. Try flowmotion-up -> down-B (40%!) to see what I mean.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:20 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
Is Sora's keyblade just that small or are his disjointed hitboxes wonky? It feels like I get hit quite often using him when I shouldn't have been. Regardless I'm enjoying him lately.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:17 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Well, after those nerfs to his Specs and buffs to his Aerials, I can say that Sora feels a tiny bit smoother, especially the Bair and the Nair. If I liked him before, I like him even more now.

ImageImageImageImage

Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:37 pm

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lag on Thundaga </3

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:57 pm

sora truly feels awesome in this demo.an up-spec means a nearly guaranteed 50% aerial combo, and all of his finishers can be comboed into, used for tech-chasing, of force-getup granted, and most even work during wavedashing. sora seems to be completely overpowered early game, where his combos are simply unstoppable, then gets really weak afterwards, with his situational finishers and unstable combo game. but what i like the most about him is actually his sheer aggressiveness. it forces me to both think very closely about what i am doing and literally dance with spacing and approaches and even punishes, and his combos can allways be continued even if the oponent SDI's into a strange direction, it just requires creativity, and of course the fact that his up-spec can be activated TWICE each jump (if of course the first counts as your ground jump, and used to turn around, instantly cancels into any aerial, and does NOT result into helplessness. his recovery is pretty good actualy, he only suffers a bit on vertical but not too much, hile his horizontal is easily one of the best in the whole game.

i like how his normal attacks are so fast and nimbly comboing into eachother, while his specials are sluggish but powerfull, same for his smashes. it truly fits him as a character (lets not forget that Sora is really unskilled in terms of fencing; in the games he basically smacks enemies with the keyblade, he just does crazy acrobatics while hes at it) to have such a reckless, high risk-high reward game.

in fact, the only characters who can ACTUALLY shut me down are Zelda, Samus and Meta Knight. defensive playstyles eat his aggro like its a fresh pie, while MK's unique mix of size, priority and agility make him VERY difficult to combo and even harder to finish. other than these tough, i find it very easy to just rush in and bonk stuff with an oversized key. his flowmotion passes even through Naruto's clones (!!!!!) , his sword outclasses pretty much every hanh-to-hand fighter, his combo game works both as a meat grinder on heavies and as a spacing tool on floaties.

i would easily consider him A- tier. if only noobs didnt spam his side-b to the point of giving him a bad reputation... when im using him and i string a side-spec on someone, i feel criminaly cheap, as if i were camping with an AWP on counter strike... when in fact there is really nothing wrong with that move.

my favourite finishers are:

1 - strike raid that sets up an up-smash;
2 - side-special upwards followed by thunder,
3 - and high percents, side-spec downwards + f-air
4 - short-hop side-spec downwards (wavedash) + u-smash or f-smash; either works wonders
5 - side-spec forward into offstage + midair jump + F-air is so simple and efective...
6 - properly spaced u-smash on freefalling enemies... wind kills ftw...
7 - short-hop d-air into up-smash (works really great even after 100-130%)
8 - jab on a laying opponent + f-smash
9 - back-throw + u-smash
10 - up-special cancel into f-air at very high percents for a cheap despair KO (only kills safely above 200%

and thats about it. i just love this character so much! strangely there dont seem to be any videos on him at youtube. and people kinda seem to perceive him as a "meh" character, for some reason. if anything, i could consider him cheaper than Lloyd.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:39 pm
BR Member

Ive yet to fight a Sora that makes me think he's a high tier character.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:23 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Ive yet to fight a Sora that makes me think he's a high tier character.

Same here, honestly. Not dissing the character, but literally every Sora I play just wants to use Side-Spec and combo after. And if they miss, they start swinging their keyblade around until I move away. It's easy to sense when it's coming if the opponent loves using the move. I think it should mainly be used for recovery, or maybe even as an escape option.

I think some players should spend a little more time with Sora. I don't think he's bad at all, but I have yet to meet a Sora who actually plays smart. Maybe it's just because there are more popular Sword Characters.

Last edited by Doof on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm

exactly my point, FeDora. most players ive found so far simply host a game, pick that Final Fantasy map whose name i cant recall that is mostly blue bricks flying in space - because it has WALLS to prevend SD's, and simply spam side-spec. it is simply lame, it makes a great character just look noobish when in fact it is somewhat tricky to use effectively. and while i am ofc not saying it is anywhere near as difficult as stuff like ness or even fox, its not exactly as simple as Lloyd or DK either. i like him, period. seems like a truly finely balanced character.

Instead, i Ask:

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 pm
BR Member

WAR-THERAPY wrote:
exactly my point, FeDora. most players ive found so far simply host a game, pick that Final Fantasy map whose name i cant recall that is mostly blue bricks flying in space - because it has WALLS to prevend SD's, and simply spam side-spec. it is simply lame, it makes a great character just look noobish when in fact it is somewhat tricky to use effectively. and while i am ofc not saying it is anywhere near as difficult as stuff like ness or even fox, its not exactly as simple as Lloyd or DK either. i like him, period. seems like a truly finely balanced character.

You havent coninved me he's high tier either. Hell i can't even say the guy's mid tier.

I mean if you can prove me wrong in an actual match and not on paper theorycraft then be my guest.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 pm

i think i made myself pretty clear this far that my miserable computer cant even run the game on full speed. so thanks for your interest in a challenge, but i will have to say no, sadly. an intel atom of a single 1.6 Ghz paired with a tiny 1Gb of RAM and no graphics card whatsoever on a netbook that overheats in 10 minutes of use and runs Windows 7, that burns 50% of RAm and 70% of useable processor speed just to not shutdown is simply not a gaming device.

...in fact, im starting to wounder if it can even be callled a computer. ive seen old iPhones with 3 to 6 more power than this... thing.

...*snif* i need a new Pc... this crap cant even run photoshop and illustrator, let alone aftereffects and 3DStudio Max. i am SOOOOO doomed.

Instead, i Ask:

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
N-Spec seems to be very punishable if it whiffs. What would be a good situation for this move to be used?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
It isn't very useful, but it is kinda useful sometimes as a horizontal combo extender (e.g., flowmotion up -> fair -> nspec -> uspec -> uair against some characters with certain kinds of DI). It's the sort of move that isn't a staple of Sora's offensive game, but can coax people to DI differently and every so often will let you tack on an extra 20% to your combo. Some people might have success using this as an edgeguarding tool, so you might try that as well. Also, of course, you can just randomly throw it out at mid range and hope for a success. BTW, welcome to the forums! :)

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:38 pm
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next