The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tails 

Personally I would have no issue with T-Pup (what I believe Remote Robot came from) being the up special if tails had a form of legitimate recovery to make up for it...

I have read that it was added to show how much the devs knew about the sonic series which is cool... but was it really worth making him practically effortless to KO offstage?

Hell, they could actually fix this by making T-Pup function like Mega-Man's up-special when used in the air since it canonically has a helicopter rotor inside of it. That would allow them to keep the robot but still give tails a decent recovery if done right.

Main Squad: :bandanadee: :rayman: :yoshi:

Fallen from grace(hopefully not for long): :tails:

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:33 am

MGN Username: MegucoRepi
Pixel-Taimushedo wrote:
Personally I would have no issue with T-Pup (what I believe Remote Robot came from) being the up special if tails had a form of legitimate recovery to make up for it...

I have read that it was added to show how much the devs knew about the sonic series which is cool... but was it really worth making him practically effortless to KO offstage?

Hell, they could actually fix this by making T-Pup function like Mega-Man's up-special when used in the air since it canonically has a helicopter rotor inside of it. That would allow them to keep the robot but still give tails a decent recovery if done right.

Okay, that was a GREAT idea.

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:43 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Or here's my suggestion, make Remote Robot his Down-B, make Spindash his Side-B and move Airlift to Up-B, but make it limited chargeable while slowing descent in the air like Green Missile (might just be me for the Luigi Tails parallel but still) and omnidirectional, making it a useful versatile recovery tool like a stronger Sanddash. Sure even fully charged it wouldn't take you THAT far so that it's not unbalanced, but it would definitely help Tails' recovery game since as a character, I believe he's supposed to have a strong recovery as a flier who recovers well in his games.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:58 am

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Or just ditch Airlift and bring back Whirlwind.
Airlift is just up throw but with a leap before it.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
BandanaDeeMain wrote:
Or just ditch Airlift and bring back Whirlwind.
Airlift is just up throw but with a leap before it.

But it's also a useful tool for interrupting opponents, positioning and combos and an important part of his moveset IMO. Plus having a multidirectional chargeable airlfit would be a more unique recovery than another "tap up-b to go up a bit"

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Sonario wrote:
Or here's my suggestion, make Remote Robot his Down-B, make Spindash his Side-B and move Airlift to Up-B, but make it limited chargeable while slowing descent in the air like Green Missile (might just be me for the Luigi Tails parallel but still) and omnidirectional, making it a useful versatile recovery tool like a stronger Sanddash. Sure even fully charged it wouldn't take you THAT far so that it's not unbalanced, but it would definitely help Tails' recovery game since as a character, I believe he's supposed to have a strong recovery as a flier who recovers well in his games.

If you mean having his "leap" go up or down as well... That could fix the recovery...
Not sure if having it be a charged moved would work however as that would emulate the psuedo-sitting duck problems similar moves like Ness or Diddy Kong's up special share, especially since a lot of the move's current effectiveness is locked to its command grab status.
However, if the move had just an uncharged leap and a stomp similar to Diddy's Side-B where you jump off the grabbed opponent that could add some more utility to it as well for recovery... maybe incorporate the hover to that so you could recover that way?

idk tho... I might just be biased towards the T-Pup copter idea I had

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:50 am

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
Pixel-Taimushedo wrote:

mains in signature please

out of ideas here '-'

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:31 am

Sorry I'm new to forums and I have no idea how that works

Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:45 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
the sad thing about his nerfed jump is that his up-smash makes him jump higher than his actual jump does :sandbag:

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:11 pm

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
The post above was published before the 1.2.1 patch has dropped out (maybe his jumps were low-key buffed, yet I still uncomfortable about his jumps coverage).

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:39 pm
 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8