The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:49 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Pummel Tier List 

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
I got a little inspired by the "down smash tier list" and decided to make one for pummels
so first i decided to see how much damage can they approximately deal with a single pummel and listed it down
Pummel damage: show
Note: The decimals in the percentages are due to pummels sometimes dealing an extra percent every few hits
Also, this was done with 50 pummels in a row to check for such "decimal percentages", though it seems i didn't need to do it that much after finding the 3 different damages, just 2 or 3 pummels would've done it to check which one the others would be at

After that, i've checked how long it takes for them to execute one pummel after another, so we can now instead see what is their damage over time, assuming every single input was frame perfect
and this is their DPS: show
NOTE: All inputs were done within 30 frames, and if a pummel damages past the time, it will still count towards the average
also the game seems to round up any decimal into a higher integer number, so if it says "3.18%" here, the game would display it as 4%[/size]

i'm unsure if this "decimal" percentage is from the pummel staling or not, but i suppose it's alright either way

(also feel free to point out any mistake i've made i guess, i didn't really take a rest from this so i bet i made a mistake somewhere)

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:57 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
From what I see there's a small flaw in one character (probably a a lot but I will only point to one) Conventionally :luffy:'s pummel does up to 3% and some decimals, so take a check for :luffy:'s one with the frame rate issues or another stuff you got there, also it'll change the dps for him.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:40 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
If i understand you correctly, you're saying that luffy's pummel sometimes deals 3%, and then only 2% for a few hits before doing another 3%, right? Because yeah that happens, the game seems to round up any decimal above 0.09
for example if it's 2.12% it'll display as 3%, but 1.06% stays as 1% (which might explain why the 1% pummels deal 2% only in the second hit but not the first when at 0%)

i'll just put down what i noted down for the frames of every character's pummels i guess
pummel frame data or sumthin: show
[Pichu] :pikachu: :metaknight: - 13 frames (can pummel up to 3 times, the third pummel exceeds the time, but again still counts since the input was done under the 30 frames)
:bowser: :donkeykong: :gameandwatch: - 12 (same case as before)
:zelda: :pacman: - 11
:mario: :peach: :sheik: :captainfalcon: :pit: :luffy: :marth: :tails: :sandbag: - 10 (can pummel exactly 3 times in 30 frames)
:luigi: :yoshi: :lloyd: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :blackmage: - 9 (Can pummel 4 times, though the fourth pummel still finishes past the time)
:wario: :link: :isaac: :naruto: :jigglypuff: :samus: :sora: :falco: - 8
:fox: :zerosuitsamus: :ness: :sonic: :goku: :bomberman: - 7 (can pummel 5 times with the last one finishing a little late)
:megaman: - 6 (pummels exactly 5 times in 30 frames)
:kirby: :bandanadee: - 5 (pummels exactly 6 times in 30 frames)

So i did further testing with a player 2 sandbag on group smash (with energy tank enabled to reset damage and check for staleness), i can safely say that pummels do stale, although not from using the pummel itself, but rather it instead seems to use the staleness of your last non-projectile move used
for example - if you spam mario's up-smash A LOT, his pummel damage seems to drop to about maybe 0.36% (it sometimes took 3 pummels just to deal 1% total), but after a single jab (or fireball) it was back to its normal damage
or after spamming jab with Marth, his pummel damage seems to have been reduced to about 1 - 2% rather than the usual 2 - 3%, but after an up-tilt it got refreshed
throws that create projectiles (such as Fox) sometimes doesn't completely refresh staleness
yeah this got me a bit interested now, maybe i could look more into this later on

edit: oh yeah and in the tiers for their DPS, characters in the same tier are in no particular order (aside from 2 or 3 which i think was mostly coincidental with the order i checked them), perhaps i'll correct that later on aswell

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:27 pm
 [ 3 posts ]